Is Poz a cornerstone?

I have mixed feelings about Poz. He's one of our cornerstone players (hold on poz haters). But the question is what does that mean, and is that saying much?

Does that mean he's the best on a team totally lacking high end talent, but in comparison to other cornerstone LB's, really not very good? Or is he individually more talented than he's able to showcase because of those around him? And therefor just simply needs upgrades around him for his potential to materialize? I'll submit when Poz is out, this team is noticeably worse and misses him sorely on the field. But again I ask, does this mean he's missed because of how good he is, or because the rest of the team is just that bad?

These are the million dollar questions, and the heart of the debate.

My personal feelings are;

My heart tells me Poz can be an impact player if the supporting cast was better. But my brain tells me he just isn't a great talent. If you're great you're great, no matter who's around you. In fact your greatness elevates those around you, and they are the one's that look better because of you. If you can't inspire greatness out of others, how can you yourself be great? So in conclusion, I think Poz is a decent player. He's a good tackler and has a nose for the ball. He lacks the overall speed and strength needed to maximize his instincts. He's a hard working smart football player, that just doesn't have the god given skill set to be an impact Linebacker.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Poz's contract is up at the end of the season and is on his way out.

One person cant change the the defense. If you are on a team that has no talent you are going to look bad. Its a team game and when the rest of the team sucks you are going to look bad because you cant possibly do everything. He gets a lot of tackles making up for missed tackles. He might be injury prone, but he is the best linebacker on this team. It would be a step backward for the team to just dump him at the end of the season.

Edited by b stein 22

Do you think he should be?

H#%LL Yes,

The sooner we stop fooling ourselves that he is any good the sooner we will get better against the run.

I think Poz would make a good back up but starter?

Think of back ups we have had in the past..Crowell, Holecek, Bailey, Radecic can you honestly say Poz is better than any of these guys?

A true cornerstone player will make players around him better, not the other way around.

I have mixed feelings about Poz. He's one of our cornerstone players (hold on poz haters). But the question is what does that mean, and is that saying much?

Does that mean he's the best on a team totally lacking high end talent, but in comparison to other cornerstone LB's, really not very good? Or is he individually more talented than he's able to showcase because of those around him? And therefor just simply needs upgrades around him for his potential to materialize? I'll submit when Poz is out, this team is noticeably worse and misses him sorely on the field. But again I ask, does this mean he's missed because of how good he is, or because the rest of the team is just that bad?

My heart tells me Poz can be an impact player if the supporting cast was better. But my brain tells me he just isn't a great talent. If you're great you're great, no matter who's around you. In fact your greatness elevates those around you, and they are the one's that look better because of you. If you can't inspire greatness out of others, how can you yourself be great? So in conclusion, I think Poz is a decent player. He's a good tackler and has a nose for the ball. He lacks the overall speed and strength needed to maximize his instincts. He's a hard working smart football player, that just doesn't have the god given skill set to be an impact Linebacker.

Robert Cray- you slut. Please button-up your shirt holmes.

I think you got it. He is the best LB on the team. In order for the D to be good and him to make more plays he needs to be the 3rd or 4th best LB.

I used to be high on Poz and had hopes for him. Now I think he's just an adequate player. Cornerstone? Nope. When I think of a cornerstone Bills LB, Bennett comes to mind. Talley is in the mix too. So is Conlan. But Poz? Sigh.

From here the only way we can go is up.

Go Bills!!

He's not a cornerstone and elite player. I don't even think he's the sort of heavy downhill player that's more suited to the ILB of a 3-4 defense, as I've seen him get absolutely destroyed at the point. (It's pure nonsense that it's all the d-line's fault because they aren't walling up all the blockers, btw.)

On the other hand, maybe they are going back to the Tampa-2 now. He's not terrible at jetting back into the center field zone. Not irreplaceable either.