Congratulations to Fitzy

With a rating of 99.9, as per the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&d-447263-n=1

Don't shoot the messenger, I was just curious about it given his TDs and wandered over to NFL.com. I am stating no opinion, one way or the other.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A high rating without wins and offensive production means jack ****.

Congrats for playing hard, but you aren't the answer, Fitz. Win some games, then I'll be happy.

One thing in his defense though, Dork, is that I do want him resigned to be the 2011 brief starter/back-up to next year's #1 overall pick.

Congrats for playing hard, but you aren't the answer, Fitz. Win some games, then I'll be happy.

Well, thanks to our "defense," he'd have to have put up more than 30 points in four consecutive games to even sniff victory.

30 points scored in four consecutive games is a feat for even the best of the best.

Mind you, it's not opposing defenses or special teams getting scores, it's their offense besting our defense, consistently.

Fitz isn't the "answer," but right now the offense isn't in question.

Well, thanks to our "defense," he'd have to have put up more than 30 points in four consecutive games to even sniff victory.

30 points scored in four consecutive games is a feat for even the best of the best.

Mind you, it's not opposing defenses or special teams getting scores, it's their offense besting our defense, consistently.

200 yards/game passing.

60% completion percentage.

He's been lucky to not throw many interceptions, that's about it. He's playing better than Trent was... but its not good enough to win games, so I'm not going to sit around and praise him for playing so-so.

The defense does suck. But so does the offense. We don't move the ball with any consistency.

Great reply, maybe someone will use it in their signature. :)

First time in Bills history says it all, 4 games in a row > 30 points. For a franchise that hasn't spent many years on the plus side of the w/l record, quite an accomplishment.

GO BILLS!

200 yards/game passing.

He's been lucky to not throw many interceptions, that's about it. He's playing better than Trent was... but its not good enough to win games, so I'm not going to sit around and praise him for playing so-so.

The defense does suck. But so does the offense. We don't move the ball with any consistency.

Evidently his stats are good enough to be the sixth best QB.

He's been lucky to no throw interceptions? How does that work, exactly?

It's Fitz that can't move the offense? Not bone head penalties, or phantom penalties or stuffed runs on first and second down that kill drives? It's Fitz's problem?

He's not bad. He's actually a great back-up QB. But, with this defense, it doesn't matter. Can't win games with opposition scoring over 30 points each game.

However, even with a decent defense, I don't see him getting us to the playoffs, especially within our division.

Edited by kas23

He's not bad. He's actually a great back-up QB. But, with this defense, it doesn't matter. Can't win games with opposition scoring over 30 points each game.

However, even with a decent defense, I don't see him getting us to the playoffs, especially within our division.

I agree pretty much with this. But I wouldn't mind at all having him as a backup. And to a certain point, I think I wouldn't mind him starting next year while we work in a rookie QB.

200 yards/game passing.

Are you seriously blaming Fitz for them losing games? Are you kidding? He led the offense in getting 26 points last week, but it was HIS FAULT that the jags scored 36? I guess I don't know anything about football <_<

Remind me again how great Fitz is after the Ravens game, then again after the Steelers game

The two teams Fitz played decently against have defenses that are actually rated worse the the Buffalo Bills, if you can believe that is even possible :w00t: Bills #28- NE #29- Jags #30 in total defense

I like the guy, he is a gamer and can certainly run for his life better then most. He wants to win but he is just not getting enough support from his head coach to help the team win. Instead of putting him in shotgun 70% of the game build the game plan around Fred Jackson and run the ball more to setup the pass, use play action more.

:thumbdown:

Fitzpatrick over a full 16 game season in Gailey's offense:

277 for 453, 3173 yards, 37 TDs and 11 INTs

Bills fans response: "You aren't the answer" and "Nothing more than a backup"

Somebody else said it best in another thread..."only thing dumber than the front office are the fans of this team." With fans like these, who needs enemies...we're our own enemies half the time guys.

"Let's draft a 21 year old from some crappy spread college offense and start over instead." Yaaay!! :wallbash:

I agree pretty much with this. But I wouldn't mind at all having him as a backup. And to a certain point, I think I wouldn't mind him starting next year while we work in a rookie QB.

I couldn't agree more with having Fitz start the season next year.

The Bills are last in TOP this year, and while some of the blame is due to the O's inability to sustain drives early in games, the majority of the blame goes to our D. If our defense doesn't have a miraculous turnaround by next season then we will be starting a rookie QB who will be playing from behind in most games and will have a limited amount of drives to work with.....this is not a great recipe for success.