Any one ever have to replace a birth certificate?

I haven't a clue where mine is and would like to get a passport. I THINK I was born in Cortland NY but I was very young at the time and we moved to California when I was 9 months old. Anyway I know I was born in NY. Where would I start?

get your plane ticket to NY ready. I dont know all of the rules and maybe you can get them to send it to you, but my friend just replaced his and had to do it back home in Buffalo. Kinda cool thing is, they aren't paper certificates anymore. It's a plastic card that resembles a driver's license now.

Good luck!

I haven't a clue where mine is and would like to get a passport. I THINK I was born in Cortland NY but I was very young at the time and we moved to California when I was 9 months old. Anyway I know I was born in NY. Where would I start?

First I think you need to hire a couple of those hippie to do a 're-birthing' procedure. Good luck.

Edited by KD in CT

orly?

orly?

beat me to it.

Also, I had to have mine from Monroe County years ago for something another, drivers license, college??? They would not send me the original and only send me a copy and fax the place that needed it. I think it was drivers license agency in ohio. I think my mom eventually got the original on a trip to New York.

I just did this a couple months ago, not too hard. I'm out of the country right now, so don't have the web addresses, but you can do everything on-line and they'll send it to you stamped as official. If you go to the post office and ask about passports, they should be able to give you the info you need to get it set up. There's a website for the state of NY that breaks down into counties.

This website is the way to do it. I had to get one about 8 years ago for a passport, and I used this same website. They send you a certified stamped copy (I got 3 so I wouldn't have to do this again.).

Definately an easy way, and you DO NOT have to travel back to NY to get a copy of your birth certificate.

Where you going that you need a passport? Someplace fun I hope (jealous here).

Edited by BB27

Just saying... FWIW... Cortland, that is the incest capital of the country... Isn't it?

:nana: :nana:

Only joking JIA! :flirt: ... I remember reading that somewhere... Really... :ph34r:

Getting the first one has been tricky enough. I would not want to have to go through replacing it.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois