So we continue to purge the roster that Modrak built.....

Lv-Bills

The kool-aid drinkers never think it's modrak's fault. He was always overruled on every decision and his scouting dept never wrote wrote glowing scouting reports on McCargo, Whitner, Maybin, JP, Hardy, etc. I wouldnt let Modrak scout for my local catholic high school.

THANK YOU!!!!

I am so happy more fans are starting to wake up around here.

If Modrak is overruled so often in the draft room, then why is he employed? His opinion thus is not valued enough to be listened to, and therefore he has no value.

And where are the coaches and GM's getting their scouting information from, if they are listening to the recommendations of Modrak. Isn't his title Director of Scouting? Therefore, would not the onus once again fall on Modrak for providing poor scouting information on the players we eventually do select? Which would then make him fireable yet again.

It is a great mystery as to why he remains. The Modrak apologists will insist "he is just not being listened to". What nonsense. You don't pay a guy to be the Director of Scouting then don't listen to anything that he says.

Not only that, but we have had changes at GM, head coach, and all positions on the field in the past decade (well, except for Moorman and Lindell). I can see where, maybe, MAYBE 1 regime was not listening to Modrak, but 3+?!!!??!?

There is absolutely no way that 3 regimes don't listen to their own Director of Scouting on draft day.

Bottom line: as long as Modrak remains employed in his current position for the Buffalo Bills, we can have 32 out of 32 1st round draft picks and we will strike out on all of them.

But hey, what the heck? Modrak is good for that 1 or 2 occasional undrafted free agent find.

The "Bills Braintrust" are just a bunch of failed front office execs that are gravy training off a dying old man. They are 100% in the same league as in-home caregivers who bilk the elderly of their life savings.

It is really disgusting actually. They turned Ralph into a paranoid fool, convincing him that anyone that he doesn't know is out to get him.

THANK YOU!!!!

I am so happy more fans are starting to wake up around here.

If Modrak is overruled so often in the draft room, then why is he employed? His opinion thus is not valued enough to be listened to, and therefore he has no value.

And where are the coaches and GM's getting their scouting information from, if they are listening to the recommendations of Modrak. Isn't his title Director of Scouting? Therefore, would not the onus once again fall on Modrak for providing poor scouting information on the players we eventually do select? Which would then make him fireable yet again.

It is a great mystery as to why he remains. The Modrak apologists will insist "he is just not being listened to". What nonsense. You don't pay a guy to be the Director of Scouting then don't listen to anything that he says.

Not only that, but we have had changes at GM, head coach, and all positions on the field in the past decade (well, except for Moorman and Lindell). I can see where, maybe, MAYBE 1 regime was not listening to Modrak, but 3+?!!!??!?

There is absolutely no way that 3 regimes don't listen to their own Director of Scouting on draft day.

Bottom line: as long as Modrak remains employed in his current position for the Buffalo Bills, we can have 32 out of 32 1st round draft picks and we will strike out on all of them.

But hey, what the heck? Modrak is good for that 1 or 2 occasional undrafted free agent find.

+1

Nix/Whaley need to replace Modrak with their own choice for the job while the college season is still in session. Being the common link to so many ineffective drafts logically leads to the conclusion that he's had a major hand in draft selections, whether directly or indirectly by 'filtering' information to the final decision makers.

The sad truth is that for the last 10 years we'd have been better off picking from Kipper's best available list.

+1

Nix/Whaley need to replace Modrak with their own choice for the job while the college season is still in session. Being the common link to so many ineffective drafts logically leads to the conclusion that he's had a major hand in draft selections, whether directly or indirectly by 'filtering' information to the final decision makers.

The sad truth is that for the last 10 years we'd have been better off picking from Kipper's best available list.

Sad, but true.

For the past few years, even my choices seem better.

Haloti Ngata I thought was a no-brainer. Brandon Pettigrew. Rob Gronkowski. Brian Orakpo. Michael Oher.

I don't pretend to be anything close to a professional scout, but we have done horrible for 10 years now. Selecting the players I just mentioned would have us in a better position than having selected Maybin and Whitner.

+1

I'm okay with Nix's decision. I'm totally against Modrak the magnificent and his cadre of stupid picks and worthless endeavors.

The "Bills Braintrust" are just a bunch of failed front office execs that are gravy training off a dying old man. They are 100% in the same league as in-home caregivers who bilk the elderly of their life savings.

It is really disgusting actually. They turned Ralph into a paranoid fool, convincing him that anyone that he doesn't know is out to get him.

I agree.

I think Littman and Overdorf are responsible for that, as they helped convince Ralph that the overspending ways of John Butler were killing the franchise.

The problem is, that now the same 2 money men have been handicapping this franchise for 10 years straight.

Throw in the inept Modrak, and this team has no future.

scary thought. and likely spot-on.........

So every three years we have to hear how it is going to be another three years to "rebuild"?

That is BS and fans should be outraged to know that Modrak is still employed by the Bills. What has improved at the college scouting director position to think it will take three years to improve this time around?

Maybust, McCarbust, Marshawnbust, Losmanbust, Mike Williamsbust and the list goes on - with no change at the college scouting director position?

Modrak needs to go or fans just need to cancel season tickets and quit being Modrak enablers.

He's the only common thread over the last 10 years. If he doesn't have the cajones to scream for his guy, he's no better than the guy who truly has no clue (Marv).

He should give us a parting gift. I can't believe I hear his name year after year.

So every three years we have to hear how it is going to be another three years to "rebuild"?

The problem is they haven't actually been building at all for the last ten years. Continuing to draft DBs, RBs and 5' 10" WRs with your top picks isn't building, it's more like chasing your tail.

No choice but to hope they have finally started to move in the right direction, though the Spiller pick sure seems to fit with the rest of the prior decade's decision making process.

I agree.

I think Littman and Overdorf are responsible for that, as they helped convince Ralph that the overspending ways of John Butler were killing the franchise.

The problem is, that now the same 2 money men have been handicapping this franchise for 10 years straight.

Throw in the inept Modrak, and this team has no future.

Great thread on Modrak and you are sport on by including Littman and Overdorf -what a group of three inept losers sucking Ralph dry

Modrak is responsible for recommending some of those high picks (Mike Williams, James Hardy), and he's generally come clean about making mistakes. But I'd bet a fair sum that he wasn't behind the Whitner pick, and I'm virtually certain he didn't want Maybin. Not only are there other forces in that room (Jauron), but there is also the owner -- Wilson.

The problem is they haven't actually been building at all for the last ten years. Continuing to draft DBs, RBs and 5' 10" WRs with your top picks isn't building, it's more like chasing your tail.

No choice but to hope they have finally started to move in the right direction, though the Spiller pick sure seems to fit with the rest of the prior decade's decision making process.

Agreed on Spiller. He was brought in to energize the fan base and sell tickets (like T.O.), not to eventually build a winner.

Until we start stocking the OL and DL with studs, this team will go from mediocrity to complete failure, if we're not there already.

Thanks for this thread.

As I have posted extensively on this board, Tom Modrak is more responsible for the state of the franchise than anyone other than Ralph himself.

I need him gone to have any confidence we're not going to bone the top 3 pick in 2011.

I totally agree with everything you say, and unlike many people on this board who blame Marv Levy for bad drafts, they need to wake up as Levy was just a figure head. Modrak and the other idiots controlled the draft, the FA signings, trades, etc. Ralph only brough Levy in, because he knew how much he was like and respected among Bills fans and wanted to save face among the people that put money in his pocket, and Levy did it as a favor to an old man who employed him for a decade.

Agreed on Spiller. He was brought in to energize the fan base and sell tickets (like T.O.), not to eventually build a winner.

Until we start stocking the OL and DL with studs, this team will go from mediocrity to complete failure, if we're not there already.

Oh, they are already there.

Some comments on Modrak...

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

it's not a mystery to me. ralph doesn't want to pay the going rate for somebody competent. of course. same as he doesn't want to pay for a real gm and coaches. same as he doesn' want to pay for good players already on our roster...he'd rather let them walk and let these boobs try to replace them.

the "interview" he gave wawrow was a complete joke. he's either kidding himself, or bullshitting the fans. either way, the situation with this franchise is 100% hopeless, as far as contending for a championship is concerned, until the bills are owned by someone else.