Robert Quinn ruled permanently ineligible

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5673405

I think it's interesting because this makes him almost a lock to declare for the draft in a year when there probably won't be too many underclassmen coming out. That, and the ESPN bobbleheads have him as the top pass rushing prospect at a position we could definitely use help at. I've never seen him play myself. Anyone want to weigh in on his on-field performance?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5673405

I think it's interesting because this makes him almost a lock to declare for the draft in a year when there probably won't be too many underclassmen coming out. That, and the ESPN bobbleheads have him as the top pass rushing prospect at a position we could definitely use help at. I've never seen him play myself. Anyone want to weigh in on his on-field performance?

Very unfortunate. I am a huge TarHeels fan, and this guy is a protypical DE (6'5 270 lbs) with great burst and technique. All he ever does is get sacks. Marvin Austin the other guy that got suspended for the year is another first or second round pick and Greg Little will be a pro as well. It's too bad because that Tar Heel team would have had a real shot at contending for a major bowl this year.

Bruce Carter is a beast, LB 245 lbs who runs a 4.38. He will be a first rounder next year, I was hoping that we could maybe trade up and get him, he would be a perfect LB to replace Kelsay.

Sturdivant is another LB for N.C who will be 2nd-4th round pick, he plays in the middle.

They have another guy named Coples who has been amazing this year, and he probably not this year but the following will be another first round pick. That team is stacked on defense, four potential first rounders. I havn't even mentioned their DB's and there are at least two that will be pro's and possibly another.

Either way, going back to Quinn, he will definitely be a good pro.

So. Let me get this right? Everyone here was disappointed with Lynch's character yet we're ready to sign someone who willingly broke the rules? Basically, a cheater? I am all about secon chances, but a lot of hypocracy here.

Please do not give me that he was a product of the enviroment at the school, players should get paid, or some other reason for his actions.

So. Let me get this right? Everyone here was disappointed with Lynch's character yet we're ready to sign someone who willingly broke the rules? Basically, a cheater? I am all about secon chances, but a lot of hypocracy here.

Please do not give me that he was a product of the enviroment at the school, players should get paid, or some other reason for his actions.

I won't give you any of those, I'll just let you know that it's very likely that most of the guys that are starting in the NFL got a little extra help in their college days. Where have you been, man? You living in 1950? Actually, they were likely doing the same, if not worse, back then.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Degrees of offense. Lynch had a hit and run. That's one big difference. Second, he had a weapons issue. That's two. Both much greater offenses in my book. If every college player who took money, gifts, etc., that he shouldn't have, was no longer to play football, the NFL ranks would be pretty thin.....

Degrees of offense. Lynch had a hit and run. That's one big difference. Second, he had a weapons issue. That's two. Both much greater offenses in my book. If every college player who took money, gifts, etc., that he shouldn't have, was no longer to play football, the NFL ranks would be pretty thin.....

Wrong is still wrong. To be wrong and get caught is even more of an issue. How is it that, supposedly, everyone gets away with it but someone gets caught? I have to imagine there is some tomfoolery afoot at every program but it does not make it right. I know we're not drafting the President but we should look at morals. Just my $.2