Vic Caruci is an idiot

1billsfan

12. St. Louis (6-6; unranked): There are other 6-6 teams that could be here, but this is the only one with a share of a division lead while coming off a victory (not that beating San Francisco is all that much of an accomplishment).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7971642

Does Vic forget that we have the Patriots and Jets in our division and the Rams have high school teams? Does he forget that Buffalo basically made the members of the NFC West their B word? I usually don't give a poop about power lists, but Vic is losing it if he thinks the Rams are a better team than the Bills. Hey Vic!...the NFC sucks, the NFC west sucks, and your ability to decifer good teams from bad ones sucks.

Guest Guest_Coach_Tuesday
Vic lives the media fat life. No heavy lifting, no hazardous chemicals, etc, high six or even seven figures for flapping the gums.

No wonder he failed to notice that starting qb Mark Bulger is banged up and probably out... :w00t:

151075[/snapback]

Carucci gets SEVEN FIGURES from the NFL.com site? Wha?? I'm in the wrong business... that can't be right. He's making less than $55K, no?

Guest Vic's Mom

i would guess, with all the side work he does as guest commentator, and writing, and what-not he probably earns no less than 55,000 and no more than 80,000. Im not sure what else he does but i see him on random sports shows and stupid stuff so who knows how much they give him for his crappy opinion

Not that I think he's right, but he does explain himself.  The Rams have a share of their division lead.  Buffalo does not.  If that's among his criteria, then, I guess he has to go with that.

151133[/snapback]

So why does he have the Jets ahead of division leading Falcons? Hmmm? They have the same record. Vic is an idiot if he thinks the Rams are better than the Bills. A fact's a fact, we kicked their ass and Vic still can't figure it out.

Umkay, how 'bout some useful info?

151270[/snapback]

I'll write it real slow, just for you.

Maybe Vic over compensates when he rates the Bills because he grew up around Buffalo and used to write for the local paper and cover the Bills. He does not want to appear a homer on a national service because someone will call him on it.

I am not saying that is why he put the Rams ahead in his rating system but maybe it's something he still keeps in the back of his mind. Just a thought I threw out when others were criticizing him. He has tried to be objective about the Bills since he left the News but I would say, if anything, he usually is more pessimistic than optimistic. On the other hand, not too much positive has transpired since he left.

That info was relevant to this discussion.

BTW, I saw your guest quote and Vic is making easily more than 55k from his various sources.

I'll write it real slow, just for you.

Maybe Vic over compensates when he rates the Bills because he grew up around Buffalo and used to write for the local paper and cover the Bills. He does not want to appear a homer on a national service because someone will call him on it.

I am not saying that is why he put the Rams ahead in his rating system but maybe it's something he still keeps in the back of his mind. Just a thought I threw out when others were criticizing him. He has tried to be objective about the Bills since he left the News but I would say, if anything, he usually is more pessimistic than optimistic. On the other hand, not too much positive has transpired since he left.

That info was relevant to this discussion.

BTW, I saw your guest quote and Vic is making easily more than 55k from his various sources.

151277[/snapback]

Ya, I actually understood you the first time. I meant some interesting scoops about the Bills. I could in all honesty give a hoot what Vic Carucci makes (good for him) or where he "ranks" the Bills.

Not that I think he's right, but he does explain himself.  The Rams have a share of their division lead.  Buffalo does not.  If that's among his criteria, then, I guess he has to go with that.

151133[/snapback]

Isnt a "Power Poll" by definition the ranking of the nfl teams without prejiduce of division or conference or playoff standings?

12. St. Louis (6-6; unranked): There are other 6-6 teams that could be here, but this is the only one with a share of a division lead while coming off a victory (not that beating San Francisco is all that much of an accomplishment).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7971642

Does Vic forget that we have the Patriots and Jets in our division and the Rams have high school teams? Does he forget that Buffalo basically made the members of the NFC West their B word? I usually don't give a poop about power lists, but Vic is losing it if he thinks the Rams are a better team than the Bills. Hey Vic!...the NFC sucks, the NFC west sucks, and your ability to decifer good teams from bad ones sucks.

151068[/snapback]

He's not the only one either. The NFC is weak this year, I don't know how the Hawks and Rams are ahead of us. Just cuz of 1 more loss? :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Hell, we haven't been blown out like they continually have. :w00t:

Umkay, how 'bout some useful info?

151270[/snapback]

Guess how much those commentators on NFL Countdown/ Primetime, and on the other networks make?

I've been told it's in the hundreds of thousands on the average. Yup! :w00t:

More, if you're a big name player/coach who has been competed for his services.

Yeah...Vic Carruci...one of the most respected, sports reporters in the country and someone who hails from WNY and knows Bills football inside and out is "an idiot" because of how he has a few mid-level teams ranked.

You guys crack me up.

151372[/snapback]

amen.