How bad will the season get in terms of wins and losses?

LabattBlue

After an 8 year run of win totals between 5-8, it looks like this years team is going to bottom out finally, and rival the 2001 Gregg Williams 3-13 team and the back to back 2-14 Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough 1984/1985 teams(I won't go any further back as some of the late 60's/early 70's teams were on par or even worse).

So how bad is it going to get? 3 wins? More? Less?

I believe the defense is so bad that even on the few Sundays this year when the offense can score some points, the defense will allow more.

I think we are looking at a 2-14 season. :sick:

Edited by LabattBlue

Think about something, Chan Gailey was hired specifically to improve the offense, what the hell happened? If not for Fitz running around and slinging the ball the Bills wouldn't have an offense at all, what happened to the idea of having the QB manage the game and running the with authority and controlling the clock? The Bills don't even have a running game so far this year and the O line looks worse this year then last...something I didn't think was possible.

We all kinda knew the defense was going to have problems switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3, teams needs to almost completely change the entire front seven when they make this change. what worse is the Tampa Two defense required smaller quicker players. I can forgive the defense because of Jauron and his lame schemes and draft picks like Maybin.

what would help the defense immensely is if the offense could actually run the ball and control the clock, doesn't anyone else find it unreal that the Jets had the ball last week for 40+ min and the Bills for only 19 min, kinda scary the Bills offense was that bad.

Fitz the leading rusher with 74 yards of running for his life :bag:

gonna have a great win against j'ville get some confidence going into the bye. Go 500 the rest of the year and miss out of the good QBs in the draft.

Reading that statement made me very sick to my stomach, mostly because I could really see that happen. Miss the playoffs, get a nice #14 or #15 pick, and draft a CB.... <_<

I honestly think the FO doesn't care if they win a game this year. Even Buddy says "it is going to take time, be patient".

It appears to me they are evaluating every player on this roster (under their watch)i.e. Edwards and Lynch.

I would bet after the bye we will even see a revamped Offensive Line, and before too long Brohm will be in.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are just holding back on Troup and Carrington just to see which veterans are what they want and who to let go.

It wouldn't bother me to go 1-15, as long as they get rid of the dead weight and keep the guys who can and WANT to play.

:beer:

Think about something, Chan Gailey was hired specifically to improve the offense, what the hell happened? If not for Fitz running around and slinging the ball the Bills wouldn't have an offense at all, what happened to the idea of having the QB manage the game and running the with authority and controlling the clock? The Bills don't even have a running game so far this year and the O line looks worse this year then last...something I didn't think was possible.

We all kinda knew the defense was going to have problems switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3, teams needs to almost completely change the entire front seven when they make this change. what worse is the Tampa Two defense required smaller quicker players. I can forgive the defense because of Jauron and his lame schemes and draft picks like Maybin.

What would help the defense immensely is if the offense could actually run the ball and control the clock, doesn't anyone else find it unreal that the Jets had the ball last week for 40+ min and the Bills for only 19 min, kinda scary the Bills offense was that bad.

Fitz the leading rusher with 74 yards of running for his life :bag:

Harvey, I like a lot of what you say, look at it the other way though. What would help the offense immensely (and the defense too) is if the defense could actually stop the opponents and get the ball back so the offense could have enough plays to figure out what works, especially when we're facing a challenging swarming defense. If you look at winning teams, it's not uncommon that their offense goes 3-and-out for a couple series. Go back and watch film of the Bills in the Superbowl days.

The difference is, what happens when the O gets the ball back to try again. When the other team's punter is cobwebbed to the bench, we don't get that chance.

That said, there is a play-calling aspect to design the first few series to have the maximum chance to "grind it out" and get first downs.

I'm just not sure our personnel on offense are any more suited to that style of football than our defense is to the 3-4.

I think maybe they hoped for that from Lynch and it wasn't working out any better than Trent did (speculation)??

That's really the team in a nutshell -- we could hide the flaws on our O if we had a D that was strong enough for more 3-and-outs. We could camo the flaws on our D if we had an O that was built for "ground and pound" football. We got neither, and we're hosed.

One thing I like about Fitz is he doesn't seem to run for his life. Once he decides to take off and run, he puts his shoulders down and goes for yardage. Did you see that hit he laid down on the sideline? It may get him killed some time, but it gets him respect (mine for sure). Bad as that game got with the Jets, on camera anyway I didn't think I saw the same disrespect from the Jets D that GB doled out on Trent. I saw Jet's players still getting in Fitz grill while he was upright, pushing him backwards by the facemask like they were still trying to intimidate him (good luck with that). All the hits I saw looked clean to me, and I'd be pretty sure any laughs on Fitz would be "with", about how fierce he plays, and not "at". Maybe someone at the game could see it differently, there's a lot one can't see on TV.