Here's a good idea for NIX

Chuckknox

Give up a few of these 3rd or 4ths and get someone this year. Make a move to get better. Dial the phone yourself, instead of waiting for the calls. :thumbsup:

on second thought have Brandon call people, what is he doing anyways?????

Besides mankins what o LINEMEN IS AVAILABLE

Besides mankins what o LINEMEN IS AVAILABLE

Hard to say without actually calling up other GMs, which most fans aren't able to do.

But!

Jammal Brown was certainly available this past offseason, because he actually got traded for a conditional pick (either 3rd or 4th round). He would've been a nice guy to go after. Was New Orleans' starting LT before he got hurt, is now starting at RT for Washington. He'd be an upgrade at either spot for us. He was available in part because New Orleans drafted Charles Brown at the bottom of the 2nd round.

Not sure if the Bills pursued Brown or not, but that's a guy they could've and should've gone after. But I guess they felt pretty set with Bell, Green, Wang, and Meredith.

Hard to say without actually calling up other GMs, which most fans aren't able to do.

But!

Jammal Brown was certainly available this past offseason, because he actually got traded for a conditional pick (either 3rd or 4th round). He would've been a nice guy to go after. Was New Orleans' starting LT before he got hurt, is now starting at RT for Washington. He'd be an upgrade at either spot for us. He was available in part because New Orleans drafted Charles Brown at the bottom of the 2nd round.

Not sure if the Bills pursued Brown or not, but that's a guy they could've and should've gone after. But I guess they felt pretty set with Bell, Green, Wang, and Meredith.

31 year old right tackle that wants big money in the offseason was not going to help much. If it is me I keep the third rounder which will be around 65th best player.

31 year old right tackle that wants big money in the offseason was not going to help much. If it is me I keep the third rounder which will be around 65th best player.

Brown is only 29 but lord knows the Bills have been making good use of 3rd Round picks of late. See Alex Carrington (has he dressed for a game yet?), Chris Ellis, Trent Edwards, Ashton Youboty, Kevin Everett to name the most recent ones. The truth is the Bills need players not potential.

Who knew Moss was AVAILABLE? You don't know unless you ask.

anyone who watches the pats knew Moss was available. The bills, IE Nix, is modeling this - he is trading people in their contract year who are not part of the long term plans.

Brown is only 29 but lord knows the Bills have been making good use of 3rd Round picks of late. See Alex Carrington (has he dressed for a game yet?), Chris Ellis, Trent Edwards, Ashton Youboty, Kevin Everett to name the most recent ones. The truth is the Bills need players not potential.

great idea to give up a third round pick. THEN ON draft day you will be asking why don't they trade up for a Quaterback

He's 29 now, but how old will he be when the Bills can make good use of him? They likely won't be competing for a playoff spot next year, either, even if they make a big jump.

great idea to give up a third round pick. THEN ON draft day you will be asking why don't they trade up for a Quaterback

To me have to get an OT before we got a QB. I've been on record numerous times on this board calling for us to take OTs year after year after year. While I'll admit that some of them haven't panned out I'd rather we fix the O-line then gamble on a 1st Round QB.

He's 29 now, but how old will he be when the Bills can make good use of him? They likely won't be competing for a playoff spot next year, either, even if they make a big jump.

well, they can get rid of everybody and just use draft picks to build the team, and MAYBE be competitive in 5 years if it all works out, OR they can use draft picks wisely and pick up some good players now that can help not throw players into the fire to teach them the position

Yeah because we all know OTs are over the hill when they hit 30. Though you're right Brown likely wouldn't have made much of a difference in the long scheme of things because the truth is the Bills will always be in rebuild mode because they fail to have the forethought to see things through. As once we fix our O-line and QB position we'll need to get a WR because Lee Evans will likely be jettison in a year or two. At about the same time Terrence McGee, McKelvin and Poz will likely be gone too and who knows we might be looking to play the 4-3 then depending who are HC will be. The more and more I watch the team the more and more I think Wilson's ultimate plan is to keep them always a player or two away from the playoffs but just not good enough. Of course that's giving him too much credit as don't think Wilson's that intelligent when it comes to football decisions but he is a helluva a business man to keep us rooting for this team despite all his short comings as an owner.

Edited by The Jokeman

But!

Thank you. I try to make my case, to express what really bothers me about this team, and I always get sidetracked - there's just a lot not to like. But, my biggest problem with the Bills is that they are sending very mixed signals, and are portraying a team that isn't altogether on the same page, that is run poorly, and that appears embarrassingly inept, so much so that FA's don't even want to come here, and coaches will turn down millions of dollars a year because whatever is going on behind the scenes is virtually a guarantee to prevent success. Anyway - this team doesn't appear to be totally rebuilding, nor does it appear to be totally playing to win now. What it actually appears to be trying to do is be terrible. It actually looks like the Bills are trying to suck, trying to destroy themselves.

Why didn't we go after Brown? We could've had him - are you kidding me here - for what we got for Lynch! I've mentioned Cameron Wake - the guy was out there, no claim on him by anyone, an exact fit for what we needed, and we don't recognize his talent. The examples of either not recognizing talent, or not going after talent that would be a definate upgrade, makes it seem like this team's number one priority isn't winning, now or later, but something else - maybe letting someone run the show as they deem fit, regardless of their inabilities? Money saving? Whatever the top priorities are winning and building a great team aren't there - and that is enough to make me despondant as a Bills fan.

The thing that makes me angry is why is Nix & Gailey making changes now that needed to be made in the offseason....poor job of evaluating players on this team, or maybe they are just old and slow.

Edited by seq004

The thing that makes me angry is why is Nix & Gaily making changes now that needed to be made in the offseason....poor job of evaluating players on this team, or maybe they are just old and slow.

I think they wanted to eyeball the merchandise for themselves before making changes . They knew this season was going to be a lost one. I hope the purge continues.

Who knew Moss was AVAILABLE? You don't know unless you ask.

[ring....answer] Hello, this is Buddy Nix....Nix, N I X, of the Buffalo Bills...yes, we're an NFL team! Say, I was wondering if you have any PROVEN offensive linemen you may be looking to get rid of? [click] Hello? Hello?

:P

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

well, they can get rid of everybody and just use draft picks to build the team, and MAYBE be competitive in 5 years if it all works out, OR they can use draft picks wisely and pick up some good players now that can help not throw players into the fire to teach them the position

Yeah because we all know OTs are over the hill when they hit 30. Though you're right Brown likely wouldn't have made much of a difference in the long scheme of things because the truth is the Bills will always be in rebuild mode because they fail to have the forethought to see things through. As once we fix our O-line and QB position we'll need to get a WR because Lee Evans will likely be jettison in a year or two. At about the same time Terrence McGee, McKelvin and Poz will likely be gone too and who knows we might be looking to play the 4-3 then depending who are HC will be. The more and more I watch the team the more and more I think Wilson's ultimate plan is to keep them always a player or two away from the playoffs but just not good enough. Of course that's giving him too much credit as don't think Wilson's that intelligent when it comes to football decisions but he is a helluva a business man to keep us rooting for this team despite all his short comings as an owner.

I'm not suggesting he'll be over the hill at 30, but the Bills simply won't be an OT away from competing this year or next year. They cannot realistically invest $10 million/year for the next 3 years as they muddle through a major rebuilding project. If he were 26 or so, then that would be a worthwhile and realistic investment for the future stability of the offensive line.

I agree wholeheartedly in regards to musical chairs style roster moves being detrimental and utterly destructive to properly building a team; but I think committing a boatload of money to a 29 year old OT when they are first tearing everything down prior to building it back up correctly would be exactly that--- musical chairs.

Edited by Punch