A dose of reality for the hysteria

Alphadawg7

In case you didn't notice the Bills are 0-4, soon to be 0-5. Your responses are garbage with zero input/insight and I'm not wasting my time to respond back to each one. I'll stand by my original posts.

I'll say one thing though, sure folks try to think positive,(most normal fans) but its a what have you done for me lately world, duh :doh:

Why do you seem so annoyed? All he did was point out what so many have pointed out before...and thats the constant flip flopping contradictory statements you frequently post on here, including many of which were present in your post in this thread.

If you are going to think one way Monday, the opposite way Tuesday, and be back to the original way Wednesday, just to find yourself back on the other side again Thursday then people are going to call you on that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinnion, its just your opinnion changes day to day and from thread to thread. Compounding that is your tendency to insult when arguing one way, just to find yourself changing your mind to the opinnion you will insulting others to have...then its often followed by insults to the others who have the opinnion you previously did...and even then, you will eventually flop back to the other side again.

So if you are going to change your mind so much, maybe you shouldnt argue each side until you are blue in the face while hurling insults, because you know its just a matter of time before you share the same opinnion as them. Just a courteous heads up...

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

Why do you seem so annoyed? All he did was point out what so many have pointed out before...and thats the constant flip flopping contradictory statements you frequently post on here, including many of which were present in your post in this thread.

If you are going to think one way Monday, the opposite way Tuesday, and be back to the original way Wednesday, just to find yourself back on the other side again Thursday then people are going to call you on that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinnion, its just your opinnion changes day to day and from thread to thread. Compounding that is your tendency to insult when arguing one way, just to find yourself changing your mind to the opinnion you will insulting others to have...then its often followed by insults to the others who have the opinnion you previously did...and even then, you will eventually flop back to the other side again.

So if you are going to change your mind so much, maybe you shouldnt argue each side until you are blue in the face while hurling insults, because you know its just a matter of time before you share the same opinnion as them. Just a courteous heads up...

Awww, Alpha do I have to draw you a map, don't answer that, I'll draw the map, you damn right I changed my opinion, were 0-4 and you tend to lose all optimism. If I want to change my opinion based on performance, I'll change my opinion. Situations change and so do athletes, coaching, and management.

Day to day my ass, your rebuttal is as lame as cynical, you ain't got **** to say, so you go after the poster,

Why aren't we as good as last year?

Because you have to get worse before you get better, right?

I really want to believe that there is a master plan going on here. So far the starting RB and QB are gone off the team. Has that ever happened before in the NFL by week 4 or any week for that matter? I'm not bitching about these moves, just the timing of them. Nix says they are building the team through the draft, which makes sense. The problem I have is that rounds 2 though 7 aren't playing. I understand the later rounds not seeing the field right away or at all, I just wonder if the earlier picks suck that bad right now. I don't think you take projects in rounds 1-4. I know they have played just 4 games against some stiff competition. I have always thought the Bills would get better. I have to be honest and say that I really don't know if they will get better. We are building though the draft, yet our draft picks aren't playing.

I really don't know what direction they are going in. The defense was terrible against the run last year. Get a couple of big guys in the middle of the line and hope to make the defense decent.

I'm all for the purging of dead weight on the team. I just think that cutting the dead weight sitting on the bench versus guys you have starting would make the team better quicker. There is no overnight solution to the Bills problems. Having said that I don't think it has to take forever to make it the right way.

I really thought the Bills were 5-7 players away from being a decent team. Now I think they are 15-17 players away and all they have to show for it is a 4th and conditional 5th or 6th. This is my first negative post towards the team. I just don't feel very optimisitc right now. Please explain to me how this team is getting better through the draft when we aren't playing the players we drafted. We started Edwards and Lynch to either see what they have or to showcase them. We switched to a 3-4 defense, but we can't play our rookies, because they aren't ready. To me the majority of the team is not ready. I guess if they were playing at least a couple of the rookies and they showed a few good moments I would be more optimisitc.

Edited by bills7834

But we're always rebuilding with high picks. We let go players and need replace them from the draft due to need too frequently. I'll use our favourite draft position as an example. We draft a Winfield to replace an ageing Thomas Smith. We let Smith go, try our luch with Ken Irvin and then need to draft a Clements, letting Winfield go a year or so later. We then draft McKelvin having traded goodbye to Clements, having just solidified with McGee rather than dabling in the likes of Chris Watson. We're in the same position, spinning wheels. Same feel as for the defensive end position after Hansen we go through Wiley and Flowers etc, running back after Thurman we try 4 years of Antowain Smith, 4 years of Travis Henry, 3 years of Willis Magahee, 3 and an inch with Marshawn Lynch. How long does Spiller get before the itch returns...

I'm sorry, but honestly this type of post is what is wrong with the Buffalo Bills. A big part of these problems are the fans and their acceptance of mediocrity. All you did here was state of bunch of things that have happened as if they were expected all along.

Sorry, that's just ridiculous. Our head football coach is supposed to be able to identify before the season that Trent Edwards blows and cut his butt. I could see it from my living room. Our general manager is supposed to see that he is going to draft Spiller and before he pulls the surprise trigger, rob some team blind by trading Lynch to them during the draft. These are the things that are "expected", not your restatement of what has occurred as if it is all some part of a grand plan rather than what is really is...a reaction to previous poor planning.

And while I am venting, I am also tired of the "you can't turn a team around in one year" posts. These are another symbol of the fan's acceptance of the ridiculous state of the club.

This team has been trying to turn around for 10 years!! Not one year.

No, Gailey and Nix don't get a pass because "they just got here". You guys keep giving these passes out and that's why this team continues to suck. Every three years we give another set of fools a free pass to start over. Things'll never change at that rate.

I gotta agree with this guy right here. I don't see it as "freaking out" and if it is, it's not unjust. The fan that expects his team to get a win 4 games into the season doesn't want to hear reasons like "they were outmatched against playoff bound teams". That means nothing. On any given Sunday, any team can whip the snot out of another team....or edge them, or get a mild upset. Something. But the truth here is, this team's managemnent has sent them to gun fights with spitballs. If we want that victory, our boys gotta go after Goliath with a slingshot, not a cotton ball.

Look at this team's entire history as well. The pissed off fan (unjustly labeled on this forum as shortsighted, or fair weather, or "not a real fan") is not just freaking out about a 0-4 start. This is years of frustration erupting. 0-4.....ironic that that number is in our face again.

The anger is just. The expectations are just. We want results, and this FO has shown us nothing different than the last 10 years. Frugal spending on FA's, coaches, and players they helped develop along the way? Seems like a constant. Overpaying sub-par players? Constant. Letting go of guys like Richie Incognito (don't we need guys like this on the O-line, our weakest link????). Getting robbed blind in trades? Name one we made out on! Not addressing obvious needs with the first couple pick? Constant! Rising ticket prices for crappy product? Constant! I don't blame Nix or Gaily for Brandon and Modrak's failures. I blame them for doing the same things that the other 3 coaches/2 GM's have done.

There is one common denominator to the suckiness of this team. Ralph. So maybe Chan and Buddy are going to find out, no matter how much they try to do, Mr. Burns isn't going to let them do what they need to do.

There are fans like myself who are getting a little too old to be told to be patient. This team may not be here or we may not be here before the winning starts. These are very real possibilities. Spare me the "fair weather fan" label. I have spent years being let down by this team. I also got rewarded for sticking it out on occasion. Sitting through freezing rain and witnessing the Comeback. weathering the 0 for 70's and then watching us skull f*** the Fins in the 90's. Good times. But few and far between. Even when we were really good, we couldn't win the big one!

Take away those SB years and you have a pretty sorry history for a ball club. Yet still the fans are there. The "real fan" deserves better.

And that is what is bubbling to the surface here.....not some knee-jerk reaction.

Edited by Arrogant Bastard

I gotta agree with this guy right here. I don't see it as "freaking out" and if it is, it's not unjust. The fan that expects his team to get a win 4 games into the season doesn't want to hear reasons like "they were outmatched against playoff bound teams". That means nothing. On any given Sunday, any team can whip the snot out of another team....or edge them, or get a mild upset. Something. But the truth here is, this team's managemnent has sent them to gun fights with spitballs. If we want that victory, our boys gotta go after Goliath with a slingshot, not a cotton ball.

Look at this team's entire history as well. The pissed off fan (unjustly labeled on this forum as shortsighted, or fair weather, or "not a real fan") is not just freaking out about a 0-4 start. This is years of frustration erupting. 0-4.....ironic that that number is in our face again.

The anger is just. The expectations are just. We want results, and this FO has shown us nothing different than the last 10 years. Frugal spending on FA's, coaches, and players they helped develop along the way? Seems like a constant. Overpaying sub-par players? Constant. Letting go of guys like Richie Incognito (don't we need guys like this on the O-line, our weakest link????). Getting robbed blind in trades? Name one we made out on! Not addressing obvious needs with the first couple pick? Constant! Rising ticket prices for crappy product? Constant! I don't blame Nix or Gaily for Brandon and Modrak's failures. I blame them for doing the same things that the other 3 coaches/2 GM's have done.

There is one common denominator to the suckiness of this team. Ralph. So maybe Chan and Buddy are going to find out, no matter how much they try to do, Mr. Burns isn't going to let them do what they need to do.

There are fans like myself who are getting a little too old to be told to be patient. This team may not be here or we may not be here before the winning starts. These are very real possibilities. Spare me the "fair weather fan" label. I have spent years being let down by this team. I also got rewarded for sticking it out on occasion. Sitting through freezing rain and witnessing the Comeback. weathering the 0 for 70's and then watching us skull f*** the Fins in the 90's. Good times. But few and far between. Even when we were really good, we couldn't win the big one!

Take away those SB years and you have a pretty sorry history for a ball club. Yet still the fans are there. The "real fan" deserves better.

And that is what is bubbling to the surface here.....not some knee-jerk reaction.

I thought you were done...

Alpha, your comments may well be true.

Nevertheless, what rankles me is the "continue to buy our product, we'll get it fixed one of these years..." attitude of management. Would you continue to buy sour milk from a dairy having problems, or would you choose another brand at the store? My frustration is that people continue to spend their hard-earned $ to support a team that has no real direction. Of course, the way people spend their money is no business of mine, except that it enables the Bills to give us the same old, same old.

Do I think the Bills are really exerting maximum effort to field a respectable NFL team? No

Why aren't the Bills exerting the required effort? Because a major change is coming down the track in that the current owner won't be the current owner for much longer; and when he dies there will be a big upheaval. So, why exert maximum effort and devote maximum resources to a situation that will be overturned in a relatively short time?

The Bills organization is, in my opinion, standing on one foot waiting for the inevitable major change.

I just don't think they are doing a good job of rebuilding so far, simple as that.

I don't really like any of their moves, and I don't like that the rest of the NFL constantly laughs at how inept they are.

The Kelsay extension being the worst move of all. The whole league is probably laughing at the Bills over that one.

<snip>

Do I think the Bills are really exerting maximum effort to field a respectable NFL team? No

Assuming for the sake of argument this is true (ie not trying vs not capable)......

I would certainly say the Bills players are not exerting maximal effort to BE a respectable NFL team

Do you think that's a "cause and effect" (the FO don't care so the players don't either)?

Caveat: don't know this is true or not about the FO.

All I know is other teams seem able to pull in good players, even on a budget (NE) and a number of our players seem to get better when they go elsewhere

I thought you were done...

Ha ha!!!! You crack me up....I knew this was coming.....

I am done.....i, uh....just came back because I left a pair of shoes in the closet.....i really like that pair..... :blush:

Seriously though, I did come back to the forum partly b/c I am addicted to reading the great posts and the posts of those who continue to tell guys like me to relax. Either way, I am not flinching in my decision. I made a statement under my Avatar....i'm posting according to that statement, sort of.....at least some view it that way.....