lee evans

nuklz2594

It would stink to trade Evans after we paid him all that front loaded money on his current extension:

Signed a four-year, $37.25 million contract extension through 2012. The deal includes $18.25 million guaranteed and a first-year salary of $11,730,770. Another $3 million is available through incentives. 2010: $5.4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011-2012: $3.025 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses), 2013: Free Agent

Edited by NaPolian8693

It would stink to trade Evans after we paid him all that front loaded money on his current extension:

Signed a four-year, $37.25 million contract extension through 2012. The deal includes $18.25 million guaranteed and a first-year salary of $11,730,770. Another $3 million is available through incentives. 2010: $5.4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011-2012: $3.025 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses), 2013: Free Agent

I'd also think this would make him more enticing to someone. However, Evans causes no problems and he's not preventing anyone who should be on the field from being on the field. Our rookie QB is gonna have to throw to somebody next year, so unless we get at least a 2nd rounder, I'd say no way to a trade.

I'd also think this would make him more enticing to someone. However, Evans causes no problems and he's not preventing anyone who should be on the field from being on the field. Our rookie QB is gonna have to throw to somebody next year, so unless we get at least a 2nd rounder, I'd say no way to a trade.

I think nix would crap his drawers if someone offered a 2nd for Evans

Evans is great. He doesn't badmouth the team and he's had plenty of reason to do so. He also performs reasonably well, but his numbers were better when JP was throwing the ball. He's just not the same player he used to be. And if he is, we just don't have the talent to utilize his skills each week. If Lee can be bought for a fourth rounder, it's reasonable to believe that we can get a decent replacement at the same cost when we have a solid line and QB to work with. Until then, draft picks will help us to trade up in the draft which will help us more down the road than Lee will help us in the next two years. Besides, I think Lee deserves to go on to a team that can utilize his skills and maybe introduce him to the post-season.

I heard the scenario that the Moss trade will set up another deal for Vincent Jackson.

Lee wont garner much in a trade because no one can tell if he just inst that good anymore, was a 1 season wonder or just suffers from a bad situation. I wish they could get a good pick for him he has to be more valuble in an offense with a line and a QB.

Add: 4 games in he is the 4th most productive reciever on the Bills, surpassed by Parrish, Johnson and Nelson in yards, scores and tied for 3rd in catches. How can anyone else be blamed for that?

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Can we throw in our play book and first round pick as well? That way we give them an even better advantage of beating us for the next 10 years...

No. Their run is coming to a close- Brady won't be playing another 10 years and they will beat us the next few years with or without Evans. Evans would help them against the better teams though.

If Moss can only garner a 3rd, do you really think Lee Evans is worth a 2nd?

Moss is only under contract through this year. Evans has 2 years left after this one at a very reasonable number. So, yes I think 3 years of Evans at a relatively low price is worth more than Moss for a year.