Lynch trade should start domino effect

Drew026

It started with Edwards, and now Lynch. Lynch rejuvinated my energy for Bills football his first game when he ran over 3 Broncos in route to the end zone for his first TD. So now that we've traded him for probably some meaningless 4th round pick we can't stop there. Anyone who has signifcant value and that is expendable based off whatever depth we have at that position needs to traded . I'd hate to see Evans go because he has been the consimate(sp) professional since day 1, but he deserves better. There is no reason to hang on to guys when we are going to go 3-13 anyways. Tim Graham put it perfectly on Schopp and the Bulldog today, that whats the point in going 3-13 with no extra picks, when you can go 2-14/1-15 with picks to truely rebuild this team.

I wouldn't mind seeing Evans traded for a late mid 2nd round pick next year as well (I think some team desperate for receivers that missed out in free agency would be willing to part with one for Evans seeing as proven receivers are hard to come by). That would give us a ton of picks to rebuild this team with. We obviously would have a top 3 pick to draft a QB then we would have another pick in the mid to early 30's (Our 2nd round pick) and we would have another pick in the 50's (The pick we could get for Evans) plus a pick in the mid to late 60's (Our 3rd round pick).

Plus we would now have two 4th rounders which is good for trading up (Could easily package in both for another 3rd or go back into the 2nd with our 3rd and 1 4th). All in all this team should be on a fire sale to get picks. Wouldn't mind seeing us shop Donte to Indy for a 3rd or 4th (Indy is hard up for safeties and win now teams tend to over pay for talent odds are they wouldn't give up that kind of pick but you never know its worth a shot)

If we could parlay Evans into a 2nd and Donte into a 4th we could go into next years draft with a ton of picks both in the upper 70 picks but a lot of picks in the mid rounds as well.

It started with Edwards, and now Lynch. Lynch rejuvinated my energy for Bills football his first game when he ran over 3 Broncos in route to the end zone for his first TD. So now that we've traded him for probably some meaningless 4th round pick we can't stop there. Anyone who has signifcant value and that is expendable based off whatever depth we have at that position needs to traded . I'd hate to see Evans go because he has been the consimate(sp) professional since day 1, but he deserves better. There is no reason to hang on to guys when we are going to go 3-13 anyways. Tim Graham put it perfectly on Schopp and the Bulldog today, that whats the point in going 3-13 with no extra picks, when you can go 2-14/1-15 with picks to truely rebuild this team.

If Lynch has a good year the rest of the season for the Seahawks, and the 2012 conditional pick is as good as it could be, I heard that would be a 5th rounder. Wow, what a great deal, a 4th in 2011 and a 5th in 2012, for the 10th best running back (stats wise) in Buffalo Bills history, and he is only 24 or 25 years old to boot. If he keeps his stupid head on straight and decides he likes it in Seattle, he could be their premier RB the next 6 - 7 years or so. What kind of careers to you and Tim Graham predict that 4th round pick next year and that "extra" 5th round pick the year after that will have for the Bills, based on the recent drafting record of the Bills? :doh:

Now, if Lynch is going into a free agent year next season, then I suppose it was smart to get whatever they could for him. But the whole situation sucks for the Bills, just like the Peters situation sucked for the Bills. :bag:

For every game we lose, a player should be sent packing and into a life of celebration.

corrected. :beer:

I wouldn't mind seeing Evans traded for a late mid 2nd round pick next year as well (I think some team desperate for receivers that missed out in free agency would be willing to part with one for Evans seeing as proven receivers are hard to come by). That would give us a ton of picks to rebuild this team with. We obviously would have a top 3 pick to draft a QB then we would have another pick in the mid to early 30's (Our 2nd round pick) and we would have another pick in the 50's (The pick we could get for Evans) plus a pick in the mid to late 60's (Our 3rd round pick).

Plus we would now have two 4th rounders which is good for trading up (Could easily package in both for another 3rd or go back into the 2nd with our 3rd and 1 4th). All in all this team should be on a fire sale to get picks. Wouldn't mind seeing us shop Donte to Indy for a 3rd or 4th (Indy is hard up for safeties and win now teams tend to over pay for talent odds are they wouldn't give up that kind of pick but you never know its worth a shot)

If we could parlay Evans into a 2nd and Donte into a 4th we could go into next years draft with a ton of picks both in the upper 70 picks but a lot of picks in the mid rounds as well.

Thats the idea, draft guys high, sell low and collect draft picks until we have them all!!!!!!!

Building with high draft picks have allowed many teams to pull themselves up from the NFL basement quickly, like the Lions, Raiders, Browns and 49ers just to name a few

If Lynch has a good year the rest of the season for the Seahawks, and the 2012 conditional pick is as good as it could be, I heard that would be a 5th rounder. Wow, what a great deal, a 4th in 2011 and a 5th in 2012, for the 10th best running back (stats wise) in Buffalo Bills history, and he is only 24 or 25 years old to boot. If he keeps his stupid head on straight and decides he likes it in Seattle, he could be their premier RB the next 6 - 7 years or so. What kind of careers to you and Tim Graham predict that 4th round pick next year and that "extra" 5th round pick the year after that will have for the Bills, based on the recent drafting record of the Bills? :doh:

Now, if Lynch is going into a free agent year next season, then I suppose it was smart to get whatever they could for him. But the whole situation sucks for the Bills, just like the Peters situation sucked for the Bills. :bag:

You do know that Buffalo couldn't even get close with Philly on a third for Lynch right? One RB had to go and we took what we could get. Your logic makes sense, and I agree he should be worth more, but he wasn't and there was no point in keeping him and getting nothing out of it.

Donte is actually one of the guys I wouldn't want to see traded. He is 25, durable, leads the team in tackles, and if he ever gets good linbackers in front of him he'll be better than anything a 4th round pick will buy and poeple could change their mind about him as a player I think. Plus he is 1 of a handful of guys that leaves it all on the field. I see him being the starter on a lot of good defenses and he is clearly better than Wilson or Scott.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Donte is actually one of the guys I wouldn't want to see traded. He is 25, durable, leads the team in tackles, and if he ever gets good linbackers in front of him he'll be better than anything a 4th round pick will buy and poeple could change their mind about him as a player I think. Plus he is 1 of a handful of guys that leaves it all on the field. I see him being the starter on a lot of good defenses and he is clearly better than Wilson or Scott.

Yeah, but the Bills could get a very valuable 4th round pick for him that they could use to draft another immediate starter from the 4th rounder, only at the cost of a previous 1st!

Edited by apuszczalowski

I just dont understand why some fans dont get it....

WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THIS YEAR

- We needed to trade Lynch while he had some value to be traded...HE WAS NOT IN THE FUTURE PLANS OF THIS TEAM....Spiller is the future at RB

- What can a 4th rounder get us? Probably a decent linemen if we draft correctly

- Dont be shocked if we dont stop there.....It would shock me if Whitner is not close behind.....and then Maybin in the offseason

In order for this team to become good it has to bottom out.....totally

Explain to me how that would be considered "self-loathing"?

A person, perfectly free to watch or not watch football, decides that he wants to go onto an Internet chat room and say the worst things he can think of about a sports team of which he is nominally a fan. It is a sign of serious insecurity issues. And it is tiresome, since about six dozen others have decided to do the same thing.

I just dont understand why some fans dont get it....

WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THIS YEAR

- We needed to trade Lynch while he had some value to be traded...HE WAS NOT IN THE FUTURE PLANS OF THIS TEAM....Spiller is the future at RB

- What can a 4th rounder get us? Probably a decent linemen if we draft correctly

- Dont be shocked if we dont stop there.....It would shock me if Whitner is not close behind.....and then Maybin in the offseason

In order for this team to become good it has to bottom out.....totally

No one expected them to win this year, my issue is that it appears the FO doesn't have a plan/direction to rebuilding and are just throwing away a full season to play 16 more Pre-Season games and evaluate the Roster.

What makes you believe that they are going to find a decent linemen in the 4th? Was it the success they had drafting them this draft? So what you are saying is that the bills should continue to move former #1 draft picks for 4th round or lower picks? Why not just move their future 1st round picks to get a couple of 4ths and maybe some conditional picks now instead of wasting time actually making the picks and moving them in a few years from now

This team already bottomed out last year, this year they decided they weren't deep enough and want to continue to dig down to see if they can find their way out instead of climbing up

Edited by apuszczalowski

A person, perfectly free to watch or not watch football, decides that he wants to go onto an Internet chat room and say the worst things he can think of about a sports team of which he is nominally a fan. It is a sign of serious insecurity issues. And it is tiresome, since about six dozen others have decided to do the same thing.

And why are you here?

I will agree the whole situation sucks but it started back when we drafted McGahee to replace Henry. As soon as a player didn't character wise fit the Bills and its fans the player has been replaced. CJ Spiller was drafted and Jackson was our best running back last year. With those cards played Lynch had to go.

Just imagine if we kept Henry, Clements, Peters, Williams as RT, Williams the DT, Witner and used all those draft picks the past years to get QB's, linebackers, lineman were we might be.

"POOF" dream over. This is were we are. Live with it. Hopefully things change if not my advice is find a fall back team to enjoy in the NFC. I am going with Philly as my second choice!!!!!!

does extra draft pick really matter at this point we just screw up our picks anyways thats why i bang my head against the wall everytime i hear oracpo's name bc maybin was such a better pick