Lynch Traded

Dante

If you think the conditional pick is higher than a 6th, you're nuts.

The Bills got a 4th round pick. Hopefully whoever they draft can play someday.

It's a 6th that could "escalate" to a 5th dependent upon Lynch's performance.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't know what the pick is. You're guessing only.

I don't know for a fact, that's true. But I'm making an educated guess based on past NFL trades, and past reports of NFL trades. I'm about 80% confident that the pick is a 7 that could upgrade to a 6 based on playing time. But there's still that 20%. If it turns out that the 2012 pick is any good (maybe a 4 or better), or at least can be upgraded to something good (Pro Bowl makes it a 3rd?), then that'll change my opinion. But it might take weeks for the details of that conditional pick to come out. Until then, I'm basing my opinion off the percentage play.

You have every right to criticize the FO. Perhaps I took my frustration out on you unfairly. I don't remember a lot of your posts here. I tend to read the post and ignore who wrote it, in most cases. There are some people who do nothing but criticize. I've criticized moves the team has made I just get tired of the people who constantly criticize everything.

Oh, no worries, I didn't take anything personally, and I definitely didn't think you were calling me out specifically. If anything, I should've said what I said in a more general post instead of replying to yours. It's just that there's been a ton of this "wait before you criticize" stuff this year. We've seen "it's only been X weeks, you can't judge the season yet" posts after each of the first 3 weeks. Plus, you can't judge Nix or Gailey yet, because they've only had 1 draft/offseason. And you can't judge the Spiller pick because he hasn't gotten enough PT. And (my personal favorite) you can't judge Trent Edwards, because even Manning or Brady would look terrible behind that O-line.

Personally, I have a longstanding rule: Any time my team goes 10 years without making the playoffs, I get Complaint Carte Blanche. I don't have to give the Bills the benefit of the doubt on any decisions, and I can complain about any facet of the organization any time I want, without apology. Once they make the playoffs, I have to be justified or shut up. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon. And I'm sick of being right.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

You're welcome!

If you think the conditional pick is higher than a 6th, you're nuts.

The Bills got a 4th round pick. Hopefully whoever they draft can play someday.

exactly. what a lousy move by a team that is floundering. how does this make us a better team? it does not. not know and not in a year after we cut the 4th rounder and place the conditional pick on the practice squad where he will get picked up by somebody else. stupid stupid stupid move

The more I think about it I think the new guys at OBD did pretty good with the cards they were dealt. They turned a guy who had little value (when compared to the position he was drafted) and generated a good amount of interest and excitement for him by never showing any sign that they had doubts about him as a player... despite his off-field problems, suspension, unwillingness to participate with their off-season program and occasional lack of on-field concentration and performance. I mean they did such a good job that they even got a lot of the fan base excited about Lynch again, which is a big reason why this trade is so painful for some. Lynch likely wasn't their guy all along, but you sure as hell wouldn't want another team to know that.

The guys at OBD DEALT THE CARDS!

Despite having 2 good RBS, they picked Spiller and then didn't trade Lynch in April. So they went through all of training camp splitting carries and having no clear starter and no one getting ready to be the starter. The new hot pick got less carries than he otherwise needed to get ready for the season. Now, 4 disastrous games into the season after "featuring" an awful running Lynch, the Bills got a 4th round pick.

How in any way is that "the cards they [the Bills] were dealt?" They set up this disaster in the off-season. It took until now to admit how they made a mistake.

Next mistake they will admit is that this team CANNOT play the 3-4. They need at least 4 more players. And that will be their fault too, as they worked all off-season to install the 3-4 when the personnel are totally unsuited to it. Remember: The defense was OK last year!

Edited by Peace

Considering both the Eagles and Packers are playoff contenders desperate for RB help and have had discussions with the Bills regarding Lynch... isn't it obvious this is absolutely the best deal available? It's not like they were offered more and scoffed at it.

The Bills fleeced Baltimore for McGahee, although they were fleeced by throwing away a 1st round pick on him. That trade is not the standard for 4th year RBs.

The real question is whether or not the available compensation was worth unloading him at all, not the compensation itself.

I believe this whole board lacks the ability to comprehend English. Everyone keeps saying that we traded Lynch for JUST a fourth round pick, it clearly states AND a conditional 2012 pick.

And the biggest thing of all, we don't have to pay him. Can allocate funds too where it's needed more.

Better than I expected TBH (depending on the condition of course).

Exactly 1 round better than I expected. I'd rather have a 3 in 2011 than a 4 in 2011 plus a 5 in 2012, though.

Also, looks like Ted Thompson's old employee took advantage of Thompson's unwillingness to pull the trigger:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/104358214.html

I say this was a steal for Seattle. And I'm sort of glad Lynch went there, because he was already owned in every fantasy league I'm in, and would've blown up in Green Bay. Doubt he'll be great in Seattle, though. How is their non-RB offense any better than ours?

If the Bills weren't going to trade for somebody who was going to help the team today, doesn't it make more sense to wait it out as running backs around the league start going down with injuries which might have improved Lynch's trade value? Fourth rounder and a conditional? Merry Christmas and Happy Dyngus Day!

The guys at OBD DEALT THE CARDS!

Lynch was not drafted by the current GM or coach. Having an under-performing 1st rd HB with behavioral issues was the card he was dealt by the previous regime.

Despite having 2 good RBS, they picked Spiller and then didn't trade Lynch in April. So they went through all of training camp splitting carries and having no clear starter and no one getting ready to be the starter. The new hot pick got less carries than he otherwise needed to get ready for the season. Now, 4 disastrous games into the season after "featuring" an awful running Lynch, the Bills got a 4th round pick.

How in any way is that "the cards they [the Bills] were dealt?" They set up this disaster in the off-season. It took until now to admit how they made a mistake.

Before being named the starter in the first week, "the new hot pick" got 26 carries in the pre-season compared to Lynch's 5 and Jackson's 2 (due to injuries) before being held out of the 4th pre-season game. He was as ready as he needed to be.

Next mistake they will admit is that this team CANNOT play the 3-4. They need at least 4 more players. And that will be their fault too, as they worked all off-season to install the 3-4 when the personnel are totally unsuited to it. Remember: The defense was OK last year!

They won't admit this is a mistake because I'd be shocked if they honestly thought they would have the personnel to do this at this point.

what a suckass move

I've totally had it with the people who think this is a good deal for the Bills. Is this Alice in Wonderland? Day is night and night is day? The bizarro world?

It's like the league is pissing on the Bills nation and Bills nation is saying, "Great - we need the rain!"

Are you people totally clueless?

This is an admission of abject failure on the Bills part! There is nothing to be happy about here. What are the Bills going to get with a 4th rounder when they can't even draft a 1st rounder who produces anything?

This is a new low in a dreadful series of events.

It will be interesting to hear what the consensus around the league is over this, but looking forward, its not a bad trade. RBs are probably the hardest position to get value for in terms of a trade. They are an easily replaceable commodity, in fact, does anyone know when the last time was that a RB was traded for 1st or 2nd rounder?

Now, looking backwards, its obviously a bit disturbing. We drafted this guy only 3 1/2 years ago. And he was a top 15 pick. Trading him for a 4th round pick isn't anywhere near what we got back for Willis McGahee. And Lynch is probably the more talented back! So, one has to ask, could they have gotten a higher value for Lynch prior to the draft? Even if they weren't positive Spiller would fall to them, they did have Fred Jackson. And as I've already noted, productive RBs can be found late in the draft and all over waivers.

Overall, I can live with this. More draft flexibility is never a bad thing. I hope the conditional aspect of the pick is about whether or not the Seahawks finish in the top half of the draft or the bottom half. Because, if the Seahawks make the playoffs, this pick is pretty useless.

Can we trade Evans now too?

Edited by Union2008

If that doesn't tell you how clueless this new regime is, than you are in a coma. Seattle tried to give Buffalo a 3rd round pick during the 2010 draft, but the Bills wanted a 2nd rounder-at least. So now they end up sending him to the same team for a 4th round pick. They way they draft, they will waste the pick anyway so why didn't they just release him. If they were going to get rid of any of the 3 running backs, they should have protected Joique Bell before the Eagles could grab him. These guys are morons who leave no hope whatsoever for this team. Do they ever stick to anything that they say? How many times over the past few weeks have they said Lynch isn't on the trade block? Another case of them shooting from the hip. They don't have a plan and have no clue what they want to do.

Seattle didn't have a 3rd rounder in the 2010 draft (traded to Philadelphia) NOR does it have a 3rd rounder in the 2011 draft (traded to San Diego).

Seattle NEVER offered us a 3rd rounder. They didn't have one to offer. This is why (essentially) the best we could get from them was a 4th + another pick(4-6 rounder).

I've totally had it with the people who think this is a good deal for the Bills. Is this Alice in Wonderland? Day is night and night is day? The bizarro world?

It's like the league is pissing on the Bills nation and Bills nation is saying, "Great - we need the rain!"

Are you people totally clueless?

This is an admission of abject failure on the Bills part! There is nothing to be happy about here. What are the Bills going to get with a 4th rounder when they can't even draft a 1st rounder who produces anything?

This is a new low in a dreadful series of events.

I don't think anyone is calling this a "good" deal -- it's just the best we can do with the cards we have.