MLB Playoffs Set To Go

Game was lost before Hamilton did anything tonight. As I mentioned in the Baseball forum, this series was lost in July when they failed to land Lee and Texas swept in and grabbed him. Cashman NEEDS to address the #2 and #3 starting pitchers. Congratulations to the Rangers, you were the better managed, better run team THIS YEAR. See you next year.

Game 5 is today. No wonder Peace busts your chops. The Rangers may very well take this series, but to say what you just said speaks to his point about what kind of fan you are.

CC is up this afternoon.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game 5 is today. No wonder Peace busts your chops. The Rangers may very well take this series, but to say what you just said speaks to his point about what kind of fan you are.

CC is up this afternoon.

Did you SEE CC pitch this series? They may very well win this game. They may even win the next one. Do you honestly believe they can win the next three when they've been absolutely hammered in three losses? I love the Yankees, but the fact of the matter is that outside of Cano, no one is hitting with any kind of regularity. They've stranded tons of baserunners and their pitching has been poor. Also, I have to say Girardi's made some serious managerial errors in this series, especially when it comes to the pitchers. He's left Hughes in too long, and now Burnett. He hasn't pitched around Young or Hamilton.

I just don't see it happening man, sorry.

Did you SEE CC pitch this series? They may very well win this game. They may even win the next one. Do you honestly believe they can win the next three when they've been absolutely hammered in three losses? I love the Yankees, but the fact of the matter is that outside of Cano, no one is hitting with any kind of regularity. They've stranded tons of baserunners and their pitching has been poor. Also, I have to say Girardi's made some serious managerial errors in this series, especially when it comes to the pitchers. He's left Hughes in too long, and now Burnett. He hasn't pitched around Young or Hamilton.

I know, I know. What you say is correct. Still I'm a die hard optimist. Afterall, I'm a Bills fan too! :D

You my friend are not a baseball fan. A true baseball fan watches his team down by 6 runs in the bottom of the 9th and still thinks there's a chance. The beauty of the game. It ain't over until it's over, anything can happen. In football if your down by three scores at the two minute warning? It's over.

You my friend are not a baseball fan. A true baseball fan watches his team down by 6 runs in the bottom of the 9th and still thinks there's a chance. The beauty of the game. It ain't over until it's over, anything can happen. In football if your down by three scores at the two minute warning? It's over.

Stop already. Joe is more fair weather than me. He's been a Yankees fan for 5 years.

Stop already. Joe is more fair weather than me. He's been a Yankees fan for 5 years.

I'm not bagging on him for becoming a Yankees fan. There's nothing wrong with that. I jumped on the Giants bandwagon, not because they're in the playoffs but because I live in the city. I'm bagging on him for giving up so soon.

I'm not bagging on him for becoming a Yankees fan. There's nothing wrong with that. I jumped on the Giants bandwagon, not because they're in the playoffs but because I live in the city. I'm bagging on him for giving up so soon.

Rooting for the giants to pull off the upset.

Rooting for the giants to pull off the upset.

Upset? What upset? Everyone's been talking about the Phillies pitching but the Giants led the majors in ERA this year and that's after a horrible August by Lincecum when he went 0-5 and had an ERA over 7. As a matter of fact the whole team's pitching for August was horrible. No, this would not be a upset. As I mentioned I love following a west coast team the people don't see very often.

Edited by Chef Jim

This gif is mesmerizing. The symmetry is beautiful with fat guys and the other dads pointing out the nuances to their sons. I bet Andy Samberg has already written a skit.

That pic explains why it's easy to root against the Yankees. Half the people in the stadium look like they just left a Jersey Shore audition.

Upset? What upset? Everyone's been talking about the Phillies pitching but the Giants led the majors in ERA this year and that's after a horrible August by Lincecum when he went 0-5 and had an ERA over 7. As a matter of fact the whole team's pitching for August was horrible. No, this would not be a upset. As I mentioned I love following a west coast team the people don't see very often.

GTFO with your West Coast shite. You like following a playoff team. Have you been diggin the 49ers this year too? :nana:

And GTFO with this "not an upset" shite too. You're saying the Giants were favored in this series? They were expected to win? If the Phillies win it is an upset?

Believe me, I wanted nothing to do with San Fran and I've been sweating this exact moment since San Diego **** themselves and started to give away the division. I wanted nothing to do with Lincecum, Cain and Sanchez, especially after how they pitched in September. The only team that can match the Phils staff is SF and they were the only staff that might actually have been hotter entering October.

Phils just aren't swinging the bat. Not really a new problem. If the 2007 offense had showed up this year, they might have won 110 games.

Tonight should definitely sort it out. If Blanton can man up and give us the split, I'd bet on taking of 2 out of 3 with homefield and the 1-2-3 matchup again. But if we go down 3-1, it's bleak but not over. Cole and Roy(s) are capable of pitching well enough to take 3 against any 3 pitchers in the league.

:pirate:

Because people on the east coast dont want to stay up until almost 2 in the morning to watch your gay team. Thats why! :nana:

GTFO with your West Coast shite. You like following a playoff team. Have you been diggin the 49ers this year too? :nana:

And GTFO with this "not an upset" shite too. You're saying the Giants were favored in this series? They were expected to win? If the Phillies win it is an upset?

Believe me, I wanted nothing to do with San Fran and I've been sweating this exact moment since San Diego **** themselves and started to give away the division. I wanted nothing to do with Lincecum, Cain and Sanchez, especially after how they pitched in September. The only team that can match the Phils staff is SF and they were the only staff that might actually have been hotter entering October.

Phils just aren't swinging the bat. Not really a new problem. If the 2007 offense had showed up this year, they might have won 110 games.

Tonight should definitely sort it out. If Blanton can man up and give us the split, I'd bet on taking of 2 out of 3 with homefield and the 1-2-3 matchup again. But if we go down 3-1, it's bleak but not over. Cole and Roy(s) are capable of pitching well enough to take 3 against any 3 pitchers in the league.

:pirate:

I have not been digging any NFL team this year. I've stated before the sport has pretty much become unwatchable. Now to your point of an upset. If the Giants win in my mind I wouldn't be an upset. Just because a team that was not favored to win a series wins that series it doesn't necessarily mean it's an upset. An upset is when a team that is favored by a longshot is beat. That's an upset. It's funny you don't even mention who's pitching for the Giants tonight. Bumgarner is probably more responsible than any of the other pitchers on the staff for the Giants making the playoffs. He's the reaon Barry Zito's not pitching this post-season.

I have not been digging any NFL team this year. I've stated before the sport has pretty much become unwatchable. Now to your point of an upset. If the Giants win in my mind I wouldn't be an upset. Just because a team that was not favored to win a series wins that series it doesn't necessarily mean it's an upset. An upset is when a team that is favored by a longshot is beat. That's an upset. It's funny you don't even mention who's pitching for the Giants tonight. Bumgarner is probably more responsible than any of the other pitchers on the staff for the Giants making the playoffs. He's the reaon Barry Zito's not pitching this post-season.

It's funny about Bumgarner...I don't know anything about him EXCEPT that I remember the game he pitched a few months back where the Reds had the 10-1 lead and almost blew it (had to win in 12). Boy got roughed up. I didn't realize he pitched so well down the stretch. He's a rook though...this veteran lineup SHOULD be able to handle him. :ph34r:

I have faith in Blanton (he's actually been pitching great lately, might finally be healthy). But I do wonder if pulling the trigger and pitching Halladay and Oswalt on short rest might have been the better play. I'd hope that Halladay vs. Bumgarner would be a sure thing win and then that would leave us with Oswalt/Hamels v. Lincecum/Sanchez. I could live with that a lot better than being down 3-1 and needing to beat all 3 of SF Aces.

And Barry Zito is the reason Barry Zito isn't pitching this postseason. He squandered his best 2 months as a Giant by having a horrific August and an ugly September. He sucks.

It's funny about Bumgarner...I don't know anything about him EXCEPT that I remember the game he pitched a few months back where the Reds had the 10-1 lead and almost blew it (had to win in 12). Boy got roughed up. I didn't realize he pitched so well down the stretch. He's a rook though...this veteran lineup SHOULD be able to handle him. :ph34r:

I have faith in Blanton (he's actually been pitching great lately, might finally be healthy). But I do wonder if pulling the trigger and pitching Halladay and Oswalt on short rest might have been the better play. I'd hope that Halladay vs. Bumgarner would be a sure thing win and then that would leave us with Oswalt/Hamels v. Lincecum/Sanchez. I could live with that a lot better than being down 3-1 and needing to beat all 3 of SF Aces.

And Barry Zito is the reason Barry Zito isn't pitching this postseason. He squandered his best 2 months as a Giant by having a horrific August and an ugly September. He sucks.

True Zito was his own undoing but had Bumgarner not pitched so well down the stretch the Giants might have gone with Zito because of his experience and the fact, as you mentioned, Bumgarner is a rookie.

True Zito was his own undoing but had Bumgarner not pitched so well down the stretch the Giants might have gone with Zito because of his experience and the fact, as you mentioned, Bumgarner is a rookie.

Stop posting evidence that you might actually legitimately follow the Giants, thereby blowing up my accusation that you ditched the Angels and are a front-running, team-swapping leach whore.

GO PHILS!! :pirate: