Could be worse?

NoSaint

i know singletary was at one time popular on this board....

coffee retires

balmer forces trade

michael lewis cleans out locker and goes MIA

never seen anything like that over the course of what, about 6 weeks?

on second thought weve had schobel, mitchell, and some others wanting to leave but it still seems odd out of what was expected to be a contender

So why then are guys like All Pros Patrick Willis and Vernon Davis acting in support of their team? Those three individuals you mentioned left for other reasons:

Coffee felt a calling from a Higher Power and decided he wanted to go that route. Balmer realized he wouldn't be starting (was a pick of a previous GM) and had motivational issues while Michael Lewis has also probably lost his starting job so he asked for his release. Heck, Kawika Mitchell asked for a release too, should Bills fans question Gailey at this point as well?

Haven't seen anything worse?

Butler retires

Schobel retires

Marshawn wants out

And... if you were Lee Evans, would you want to be a Bill?

I think Lee's happy to collect a paycheck and doesn't care that much about winning. He seldom gets the ball so he seldom gets hit, hey he should retire in pretty good shape!

coffee retires

balmer forces trade

on second thought weve had schobel, mitchell, and some others wanting to leave but it still seems odd out of what was expected to be a contender

Did you watch todays game? I did, and it looked like 50 of the 53 men suited up "quit" on the team. I have never seen that before.

I guess a second rounder retiring after his first year, a first rounder holding out to force a trade so early, a player going completely MIA walking out without notice are all a bit out of the ordinary on a team that's supposed to win their division....

I did acknowledge similar things here but new coach, new system, a decade out of contention etc make it a little less surprising.

Edited by NoSaint

Singletary's coaching staff has been a disaster behind the scenes and even during games. Ex-OC Jimmy Raye being fired probably won't fix much aside from getting the offensive plays into the huddle quicker, and most reports out of San Fran indicate the players no longer respect Mike as a competent leader. That's not to say the ship can't be righted, but it's not looking too good at the moment despite the near upset in Atlanta.

i did notice the "playmaker" (Nate Clements) is still mentally weak......one of his bonehead moves cost them the game......he intercepted a pass with a lil over a minute left in the game, had a nice return going on, but slowed up to wait for blocking to develop....Roddy White followed up (ala Don Beebe) and stripped him of the ball and the falcons recovered it.

the play starts around the 2:00 minute mark of this video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b07611/49ers-vs-Falcons-highlights

coffee retires

balmer forces trade

I will still take the 49ers roster, coaching staff, management and ownership over ours every time asked. We plain suck from Ralph to the last man on the roster.