I hate to ruin your draft plans

I would def take one of the top QBs from this draft over what we have already. And we better, because we really need a QB of the future that has "it."

Howhever, I don't think any of these QBs will be taken 1st overall... and I don't think we are going to even need a top 3 pick to get the "best" one.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would def take one of the top QBs from this draft over what we have already. And we better, because we really need a QB of the future that has "it."

Howhever, I don't think any of these QBs will be taken 1st overall... and I don't think we are going to even need a top 3 pick to get the "best" one.

Hey Dan, we agree!

I like some of these guys but SOME fans are talking about investing the #1 overall pick on an "Above average class of QB's. Now if a Manning was availble or a Bradford, then go for it!

Wasting a top #1 for these guys will solve nothing!

Locker didn't come out because the NFL didn't even rate him as going in the 1st round. Your premise that someone has to be crazy to want to go another year with Fitz & Brohm is 100% correct, you didn't need to add fiction to support it.

It was claimed by some that he was the better pick than Bradford. All it takes is one team to draft the guy in the first round to make him a first round pick. Look at Tebow. He was a first round pick although MANY MANY teams didn't have a first round grade on him.

To call it fictions is wrong. He is not making it up. It's true.

It was claimed by some that he was the better pick than Bradford. All it takes is one team to draft the guy in the first round to make him a first round pick. Look at Tebow. He was a first round pick although MANY MANY teams didn't have a first round grade on him.

To call it fictions is wrong. He is not making it up. It's true.

In the last 5 years give me a count of the most highly rated QB's........I believe there was around 15.

How many became the savior for his team?

Edited by Another Point of View

I agree that no college QB gives me a boner yet but that could change as the season progresses. And realistically, the Bills WILL be drafting QB whether we like it or not. It's hard to imagine Nix and Gailey entering Year 2 without a franchise QB in place. Something surprising would have to happen, like Brohm playing well and taking that role.

What do you actually mean that Buddy Nix isn't listening to "Another Point of View?"

I find that surprising.

Awesome insight and information in this thread.

The Bills are not finishing 30th, 31st, or last so they were never going to draft in the #1,2, or 3 spot anyway, unless they trade up. If Mallett falls to somewhere around the 8-10 spot (I doubt he will), maybe the Bills will be in that position (I doubt that, too) - but if Brohm looks decent and Mallett's already gone, they should be looking at

Name the 7-9 teams that will have a worse record than the Bills this year?

I have got to stop reading threads where the author can't even complete the subject line without doing something stupid. The contents are always just as thoughtless.

OMG he left out a letter!!!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: ... jesus christ do us a favor and don't even post your "thoughtlessness"... I'd rather read opinions on the team then stupid pointless comments about grammar and not having enough content for your liking

Name the 7-9 teams that will have a worse record than the Bills this year?

G2, if I could do that after week 3, I'd be smarter than all the GMs on TSW (and I'd head straight to Vegas). My crystal ball's still a little cloudy, but besides the Bills there are 4 other 0-3 teams, 9 1-2 teams, 15 2-1 teams, 3 3-0 teams, and 13 more games to play.

What's your point? :unsure:

G2, if I could do that after week 3, I'd be smarter than all the GMs on TSW (and I'd head straight to Vegas). My crystal ball's still a little cloudy, but besides the Bills there are 4 other 0-3 teams, 9 1-2 teams, 15 2-1 teams, 3 3-0 teams, and 13 more games to play.

What's your point? :unsure:

I think what he means is that our defense is going to take time to develop, this assuming our draft picks can play. And on offense, we have serious issues at OL, QB, and WR. Tight End isn't looking great either.

It is not unrealistic to predict that the Bills will be drafting in the top 5. It may not happen, but it isn't an outrageous prediction.

You guys have got to find these Quarterback threads funny. Buffalo fans are determined to find that franchise quarterback and any thoughts otherwise will draw a severe bashing.

This happens every year and last December it was Clausen. He will surely go #2 in the draft right behind Bradford.Yea right!

Bradford was the class of the Quarterback pool. There is nothing close this year. Sorry guys

Edited by Another Point of View

I think what he means is that our defense is going to take time to develop, this assuming our draft picks can play. And on offense, we have serious issues at OL, QB, and WR. Tight End isn't looking great either.

It is not unrealistic to predict that the Bills will be drafting in the top 5. It may not happen, but it isn't an outrageous prediction.

I understand that, Bill - in fact, where don't the Bills have issues? JMO, but I honestly believe the franchise if moving in the right direction and that it's also not outrageous to think we'll finish 8-8 either. Maybe better, now that we have a QB that will at least try to throw downfield if we're behind with a minute left.

Edited by The Senator

OMG he left out a letter!!!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: ... jesus christ do us a favor and don't even post your "thoughtlessness"... I'd rather read opinions on the team then stupid pointless comments about grammar and not having enough content for your liking

Wow, a "content" guy. Good for you looking past other folk's shortcomings to read opinions! I, for one, would like to do both. Spell correctly in the damn headline at least! Now let me address the content of the original post. I thought it was a lame thread until I saw your post and was amused by your outrage. We speak and write English here and we like it that way. If we have typos or misspellings, we should point them out.

PS: Jesus Christ should be upper case.

Edited by Green Lightning

Wow, a "content" guy. Good for you looking past other folk's shortcomings to read opinions! I, for one, would like to do both. Spell correctly in the damn headline at least! Now let me address the content of the original post. I thought it was a lame thread until I saw your post and was amused by your outrage. We speak and write English here and we like it that way. If we have typos or misspellings, we should point them out.

your totaly blowing this out of perportion... are grammer and spelling are fine... :devil:

Locker didn't come out because the NFL didn't even rate him as going in the 1st round. Your premise that someone has to be crazy to want to go another year with Fitz & Brohm is 100% correct, you didn't need to add fiction to support it.

I'm not adding fiction, Jake Locker would have had strong consideration of being the first qb taken and if not he would have gone in the top ten.

I do think that some of the luster is wearing off of some of the prospects. As much as I liked Locker and Mallet weeks ago, their play so far hasn't been what I was hoping for. Mallet looked good throwing to wide open WRs vs Bama, but when he had to 1) step up and lead his team in the 4th, or 2) be accurate with a throw it just wasn't happening. I'm begining to lean towards drafting that LT or dominate DEF player we need and then grabbing a QB that isn't in the top grouping later on. And heck, we'll be top 5 the following year too! Maybe that crop of QBs will be better. But it's a long college football season. We'll see what happens.

I get the distinct impression you haven't watched Mallet play too often.

I do think that some of the luster is wearing off of some of the prospects. As much as I liked Locker and Mallet weeks ago, their play so far hasn't been what I was hoping for. Mallet looked good throwing to wide open WRs vs Bama, but when he had to 1) step up and lead his team in the 4th, or 2) be accurate with a throw it just wasn't happening. I'm begining to lean towards drafting that LT or dominate DEF player we need and then grabbing a QB that isn't in the top grouping later on. And heck, we'll be top 5 the following year too! Maybe that crop of QBs will be better. But it's a long college football season. We'll see what happens.

Re: Mallet, if you're going to judge him on one game against a good team, I hope you weren't doing the same when Manning played against Florida.