If the draft was today

Frez

I'd go with the best player available.....I think with the emergence of some of our players, we have fewer holes than we once thought.....we just need to give them a little more time to mature.

Amen. OL or CB. We have to remember Nate is a free agent next year, and he´ll demand a huge signing bonus. We must have an alternative.

If we keep Henry, we don´t need a RB. If we don´t, a 3rd or 4th rounder is OK. You don´t have to spend a 2nd to draft a backup. OL and CB are the way togo.

IF they were picking in the 1st round next year, I would have to say either best player available or possibly a FS if there is a quality one available at that point. Given the fact that the Bills don't have a 1st round pick and have to pick somewhere in the middle of the 2nd round, I would have to say they definitely should be looking at some sort of DB, either safety or corner unless there is a top notch OL still on the board. I think TD will probably do what he has done these past few years though and solidify the needs through FA, if available, and draft depth at other positions.

I think you try to strike a balance between need and best available player. If one guy stands out heads & shoulders above everyone else, then take the best player regardless of position.

Otherwise, I would take the best available player among the OL, TE, and DE positions. Despite defense being the strength of this team, I'd prefer a DE if the players are of the same caliber. Our defense would be the best in the league with a big-time pass-rusher.

I think I would go DB. Hopefully Marlin Jackson or Corey Webster are still on the board.

149896[/snapback]

I agree. I'd love to see Jackson, Webster, Ernest Shazor of Michigan or Darnell Bing of USC end up here.

I'd use my 2nd round pick on the best interior OL available.

Let's say the Buffalo Bills have the 20th pick overall in the first round. What poistion would you select? What does our team need the most?

I think I would go OL or CB.

149889[/snapback]

I'd go QB.

If we had the 20th pick overall, that means we never got Losman last time, and we need a QBOTF.

If you're speaking truly hypothetical, and we have JP AND somehow a 1st rounder, I'd go DE.

I don't see this huge need for CB. It seems Baker is progressing quite nicely so I'm not ready to write him off quite yet. And when Vincent comes back, we will have a young, emerging CB at the nickel in McGee. I mean I can't think of a much better CB trio than Clements, Vincent and McGee.

Unless you think Baker will not make it at FS and we will have to put Vincent there OR you are drafting Vincent's eventual replacement.

I don't see this huge need for CB. It seems Baker is progressing quite nicely so I'm not ready to write him off quite yet. And when Vincent comes back, we will have a young, emerging CB at the nickel in McGee. I mean I can't think of a much better CB trio than Clements, Vincent and McGee.

Unless you think Baker will not make it at FS and we will have to put Vincent there OR you are drafting Vincent's eventual replacement.

150308[/snapback]

I'm looking at depth in the secondary and someone to push for the starting job. At worst, you end up with very solid depth. Just imagine if Prioleau and Reese both were playing at a high level. Wouldn't it be great to have that kind of depth?

I'm looking at depth in the secondary and someone to push for the starting job.  At worst, you end up with very solid depth.  Just imagine if Prioleau and Reese both were playing at a high level.  Wouldn't it be great to have that kind of depth?

150312[/snapback]

Yes you are right. You can never have too much depth in the secondary. I just think I would want the exact same situation for O-line I think McNally is getting some great work out of our players, but there have been several injuries to our starters this year and it would be great to have some more talent to step in IMO (other than Lawrence Smith).

Linebacker is probably our most pressing needs. Posey seems to be okay, but just okay. Flatcher is getting old. We have no depth.

I would say OL or Corner (if vincent is moving to safety) is next important.

Finally a TE who can catch and block.

Linebacker is probably our most pressing needs.  Posey seems to be okay, but just okay.  Flatcher is getting old.  We have no depth. 

I would say OL or Corner (if vincent is moving to safety) is next important. 

Finally a TE who can catch and block.

150324[/snapback]

Forgot about LB depth....very true. We have none. Thank God there have been no injuries to our LBs (knock on wood).

With TE I wouldn' be so quick to make a move here, unless we could nap a good one in FA. I think you give Euhus a little time to see if he can handle the job.