Marshawn to Broncos? Another Entertaining Rumor...

i like it. orton threw for over 400 yards against the colts last week, and thats with brandon lloyd and that thomas guy as his receivers. imagine what he could do to the revis-less jets secondary, while throwing to lee evans. i will be as bold to even say that orton could make stevie j and roscoe look good too. i want the bills to draft a franchise qb in the draft next year, but orton would definitely be an upgrade over fitz and brohm, depite the magnificent game played by fitz against the pats

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/477221-denver-broncos-trade-of-kyle-orton-for-marshawn-lynch-immenent

I don't know how much credibility is in this article, but I would personally like this trade more than a trade for draft picks to the Packers IF the FO feels a deal must be done with Marshawn.

Omar who? He is a freelance reporter trying to get a following. I know what is really going to happen:

1. Nix will trade Marshawn to Green Bay for their fourth and fifth round picks next year.

2. Wilson will be uneasy about paying for two extra draft picks when there may not even be a season next year. They will solve the problem by trading those two picks and our first rounder to Philadelphia for Donovan McNabb.

3. McNabb will be injured in his first game and be out for the season. Fitz will play four games and get benched. Brohm will play four games and be benched and Levi Brown will finish the season.

4. The Bills will then trade their second, third and fourth picks in 2011 for Kevin Kolb. The fans will be happy, Ralph will rejoice because we will only have picks five through seven. Gailey and Nix will swear the team is rapidly improving and will do just fine with the players we have. They will do this because they fear for their jobs, because the team only wins 2 games this year and because Ralph admits he has forgotten their names.

5. Meanwhile the Eagles have virtually double their usual number of draft picks and stack the team with plenty of young talent, resulting in a five year dynasty.

6. The Bills draft three defensive linemen in rounds five through seven and (in keeping with long standing policy) convert them into linebackers. There is a lockout, so it doesn't matter. When an agreement between owners and players is reached, one clause states that draftees will get paid a low base salary with mostly incentives. The Bills suddenly start dumping players in exchange for draft picks and the Bils establish a league record in 2012 for the most rookies in a starting lineup.

It could happen. :flirt:

Edited by BillsfaninFl

Yeah, I suppose you could call him a journeyman as well. I was just thinking he has more in-game experience than anyone we have and could bring up a young QB. However, if he's not brought in for the long term, such a move could be seen as pointless.

He is 3-10 in his last 13 games. Why would he be an upgrade over Edwards or Fitzpatrick. The Bills are trading the wrong RB from the team. Jackson has not got that many carries and I don't understand why Gailey would trade Marshawn when he has been able to move the chains.

Leave Lynch alone, just get some tackle and let the guy run all over the place form the next 8 years. Trade jackson for a 4th or what ever you would get for Lynch. Jackson is 29 he not going to get any better, and he just goning to get older.

Isn't the fundamental point with Lynch that his contract is up after this year and there's 0.00% chance that he resigns with the Bills. Isn't this the same as when bad teams trade players at the trading deadline in Hockey and Baseball?? Get something/anything for somebody that you'll otherwise lose and get nothing for 2 months later.

The only measure of any players value now is who will be a stud on this team two seasons out...

In my mind Lynch, Jackson, Evans, Stroud, Whitner, McGee are all available... everyone except Kelsay (gag!). Any player we're keeping should have less than 3 years in the league and under contract for at least the next two seasons.

Omar who? He is a freelance reporter trying to get a following. I know what is really going to happen:

1. Nix will trade Marshawn to Green Bay for their fourth and fifth round picks next year.

2. Wilson will be uneasy about paying for two extra draft picks when there may not even be a season next year. They will solve the problem by trading those two picks and our first rounder to Philadelphia for Donovan McNabb.

3. McNabb will be injured in his first game and be out for the season. Fitz will play four games and get benched. Brohm will play four games and be benched and Levi Brown will finish the season.

4. The Bills will then trade their second, third and fourth picks in 2011 for Kevin Kolb. The fans will be happy, Ralph will rejoice because we will only have picks five through seven. Gailey and Nix will swear the team is rapidly improving and will do just fine with the players we have. They will do this because they fear for their jobs, because the team only wins 2 games this year and because Ralph admits he has forgotten their names.

5. Meanwhile the Eagles have virtually double their usual number of draft picks and stack the team with plenty of young talent, resulting in a five year dynasty.

6. The Bills draft three defensive linemen in rounds five through seven and (in keeping with long standing policy) convert them into linebackers. There is a lockout, so it doesn't matter. When an agreement between owners and players is reached, one clause states that draftees will get paid a low base salary with mostly incentives. The Bills suddenly start dumping players in exchange for draft picks and the Bils establish a league record in 2012 for the most rookies in a starting lineup.

It could happen. :flirt:

See this is good stuff - if only there was some way we could refer to you an 'an NFL source', ESPN could run with it and every other sports 'correspondent' in the country would have something for their column tomorrow too :lol:

I've been in favor of trading Lynch for a few years now but this is just stupid!!!! Why on earth would we trade Lunch for an overpaid QB that will most likely be a FA in the offseason. Please don't give me the "salvage this season" crap. Were done for the year. Let's just hope they make some smart moves picking up and getting rid of a few players that make an impact by addition or addition by subtraction.

Isn't the fundamental point with Lynch that his contract is up after this year and there's 0.00% chance that he resigns with the Bills. Isn't this the same as when bad teams trade players at the trading deadline in Hockey and Baseball?? Get something/anything for somebody that you'll otherwise lose and get nothing for 2 months later.

The only measure of any players value now is who will be a stud on this team two seasons out...

In my mind Lynch, Jackson, Evans, Stroud, Whitner, McGee are all available... everyone except Kelsay (gag!). Any player we're keeping should have less than 3 years in the league and under contract for at least the next two seasons.

No, the fundamental point is that Lynch is our best running back (and one of the best in the league), is young, is a #12 overall pick, is a 2-time Pro Bowl running back, and is signed thru the 2011 season at the bargain price of $885K this season and $1.14M next season. He has a 'voidable' 6th year in 2012 at $1.14M, and becomes a free agent in 2013.

The knuckleheads that are clamoring for a Lynch trade now are the same ones that'll be calling for Nix's head when Lynch 'lites it up' for another team, or puts one of our d-backs in the hospital with his stiff-arm should we ever face him on an opposing team.

Edited by The Senator

No, the fundamental point is that Lynch is our best running back, is young, is a #12 overall pick, is a 2-time Pro Bowl running back, and is signed thru the 2011 season at the bargain price of $885K this season and $1.14M next season. He has a 'voidable' 6th year in 2012 at $1.14M, and becomes a free agent in 2013.

The knuckleheads that are clamoring for a Lynch trade now are the same ones that'll be calling for Nix's head when Lynch lite's it up for another team.

OK, I thought he his contract was up this year... my bad.

No, the fundamental point is that Lynch is our best running back (and one of the best in the league), is young, is a #12 overall pick, is a 2-time Pro Bowl running back, and is signed thru the 2011 season at the bargain price of $885K this season and $1.14M next season. He has a 'voidable' 6th year in 2012 at $1.14M, and becomes a free agent in 2013.

The knuckleheads that are clamoring for a Lynch trade now are the same ones that'll be calling for Nix's head when Lynch 'lites it up' for another team, or puts one of our d-backs in the hospital with his stiff-arm should we ever face him on an opposing team.

:thumbsup: Plus, I'd like to keep being able to wear my Lynch jersey.

OK, I thought he his contract was up this year... my bad.

No, not just your bad - you're probably getting bad information by reading the posts of some 'kapusta głowa' saying Lynch can't run and he's a free agent next year...let's trade him for a 4th round pick...let's trade him for Kyle Orton... :wallbash:

No, not just your bad - you're probably getting bad information by reading the posts of some 'kapusta głowa' saying Lynch can't run and he's a free agent next year...let's trade him for a 4th round pick...let's trade him for Kyle Orton... :wallbash:

I was NOT buying into a Kyle Orton trade, he's totally not a solution here. I would advocate trading those who will no longer be useful 2 years out either because they're too old (McGee, Stroud) or won't resign (possibly Lynch).