[please fix subject]New Stadium planned

Before you scoff at this... It just might make sense and here's a few reasons why:

1. Same distance for Canadian fans - about 30 minutes from Buffalo. (Also same distance for northern tier Buffalo and suburbanites).

2. Double down on Rochester market, and brings Syracuse into play... Remember - the Jets are now in Cortland for training camp, we may be losing ground in CNY

3. Outside Erie County! Which means it just might get done in our lifetimes, not to mention you'd bet that area would provide all kinds of incentive and jump at the opportunity. It would be the biggest thing in Batavia since... well, you get the idea.

4. Same feel for Bills games, tailgating, etc.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If a new stadium ever gets built, I think it will get built somewhere in downtown Buffalo.

I cannot see city, county and state leaders agreeing to spend the hundreds of millions of dollars it would cost on a stadium to build it in the middle of nowhere. They will want to use it to "revitalize" downtown Buffalo.

Just my opinion.

If a new stadium ever gets built, I think it will get built somewhere in downtown Buffalo.

I cannot see city, county and state leaders agreeing to spend the hundreds of millions of dollars it would cost on a stadium to build it in the middle of nowhere. They will want to use it to "revitalize" downtown Buffalo.

Just my opinion.

This.

I can imagine the logistics nightmare of parking & traffic, but I'd probably want that problem if the revitalization came with it.

And yes - change the thread title or provide a link.

Edited by BuffaloWings

It's a hypothetical. One that I've never heard considered. Makes too much sense to ignore, doesn't it??

Actually, it was discussed in great detail around 1998. Bob Matthews was a fan. It does make some sense, being close to the Thurway and all, though it runs up against the same huge question: who will pay for it, and why should they?

Such questions are not insuperable, but they are crucial.

WHAT???? THERE'S A NEW STADIUM PLANNED IN BATAVIA????

THAT'S IT!!!!! I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS TEAM!!!!

Ralph wants to funnel everyone onto the NYS Thruway and have us all sit there in our cars for 4 hours each way? I just got back from Boston and the NE* game - does anyone know what it's like to have one main road carrying all that traffic out to a stadium in the middle of nowhere in a short time-window, then all exit onto some sort of congested access road to the stadium parking, then do it all over again after the game?

For years (since I returned to Buffalo in 1997) one of the biggest attractions about going to The Ralph every Sunday is that it's less than a half-hour commute from all the addresses I've had. Now I'm gonna have to drive all the way to freakin' Batavia and back???

Screw you, Ralph! I'm done with all your crap. :angry:

Are you kidding me, this is a horrible suggestion, "Hey free agent X, come live in Batavia there is so much to do here! Come and gamble at Batavia Downs, you can also...uh wait yeah thats it." That's really gonna attract players to the Bills. Give me a break.

If a new stadium were to be built, I'd say it will be built right across from the existing one.

Stadiums are expensive, that goes without saying, but they are completely infeasible if you have to go out and buy the land or go through the expensive and time consuming process to condemn it for public use. It's one of the reasons you see NFL/MLB/NBA facilities built adjacent to the existing ones. The authorities or municipality own that land already.

In light of the legal quicksand the Cowboys found themselves in when they constructed the new stadium, I'm sure officials who are even considering new stadiums are very apprehensive about using eminent domain to take property for a new stadium. You are almost guaranteed a drawn out legal fight from private property owners.

WHAT???? THERE'S A NEW STADIUM PLANNED IN BATAVIA????

THAT'S IT!!!!! I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS TEAM!!!!

Ralph wants to funnel everyone onto the NYS Thruway and have us all sit there in our cars for 4 hours each way? I just got back from Boston and the NE* game - does anyone know what it's like to have one main road carrying all that traffic out to a stadium in the middle of nowhere in a short time-window, then all exit onto some sort of congested access road to the stadium parking, then do it all over again after the game?

For years (since I returned to Buffalo in 1997) one of the biggest attractions about going to The Ralph every Sunday is that it's less than a half-hour commute from all the addresses I've had. Now I'm gonna have to drive all the way to freakin' Batavia and back???

Screw you, Ralph! I'm done with all your crap. :angry:

I heard that the Batavia stadium is included in a clause in Chris Kelsay's extension.

I heard that the Batavia stadium is included in a clause in Chris Kelsay's extension.

:D

Wasn't there a Bills lineman in the '90s that used to commute from Toronto every day? Only played here for a season, maybe two - can't remember his name - someone help me out...

Seriously though - most of the Bills rookies (and probably about a half-dozen vets) live in Hamburg right off Route 5 (and right near Root Five), and can make it to the stadium or downtown in about 15 minutes. (I literally followed Josh Reed's car to the stadium one Sunday morning from my friend's house in the same complex).

Who even thinks Genesee County wants a stadium? Is the nearly bankrupt State of New York going to widen the Thruway in both directions, and build new exit ramps? It's beyond my ability to even articulate how ridiculous an idea this is.

:D

Wasn't there a Bills lineman in the '90s that used to commute from Toronto every day? Only played here for a season, maybe two - can't remember his name - someone help me out...

Seriously though - most of the Bills rookies (and probably about a half-dozen vets) live in Hamburg right off Route 5 (and right near Root Five), and can make it to the stadium or downtown in about 15 minutes. (I literally followed Josh Reed's car to the stadium one Sunday morning from my friend's house in the same complex).

Who even thinks Genesee County wants a stadium? Is the nearly bankrupt State of New York going to widen the Thruway in both directions, and build new exit ramps? It's beyond my ability to even articulate how ridiculous an idea this is.

I believe it was Chidi Ahanatou