Chris Kelsay - the facts

rpcolosi

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelsay is a horrible player and makes the Bills worse moving forward. If anything it cements the Bills commitment to mediocrity. I hate this move more and more every day. I just is not a smart move any way you look at it.

We get it, your argument is "hey, he's good, he's worth whatever money they pay him". You are missing the point. He is terrible. What games are you watching?

BTW, Milloy continues to play and do so adequately for better teams than the Bills(Seattle currently). Whitner also plays adequately. The only downside for the Bills was the loss of one very early first round pick that they used on Whitner to replace Milloy. By Bills standards, that was an "average" series of transactions.

I'm watching the same games you are. For well over a decade, you've consistently ripped into average Bills players as terrible (I'm thinking 1998-2000 here). I get it. I'm OK with some average players on the team - which Kelsay most decidedly is, if statistical production and durability mean a goddamn thing - that aren't breaking the bank (which, to reiterate for the umpteenth time, he isn't). What are the Bills supposed to do anyway? Replace him with a 4th rounder next season? Find next year's version of Dwan Edwards Reggie Torbor?? Seriously. That's all that's going to be available, because there's no way in hell that the Bills don't focus on QB and O-line in the early part of the draft next year.

Edited by dave mcbride

It's likely that this move was made to shore up the locker room instead of the playing field.

:bag:

Maybe. Back in the day when the Bills were giving John Fina big contracts to stay in Buffalo, several players in the Bills locker room were scratching their heads over the move and weren't sure what the front office was thinking.

Maybe. Back in the day when the Bills were giving John Fina big contracts to stay in Buffalo, several players in the Bills locker room were scratching their heads over the move and weren't sure what the front office was thinking.

Yet Fina was a better player than anyone who has come after (except for Peters). I'm not saying Fina was great (overall, he was an average player), and he did break down in the late 90s. But he was better than what followed.

Edited by dave mcbride

Yet Fina was a better player than anyone who has come after (except for Peters). I'm not saying Fina was great (overall, he was an average player), and he did break down in the late 90s. But he was better than what followed.

That's more indicative of a problems in the front office (inability to acquire talent) than the fact that Fina was really worth franchise player type money.

This post was absolute nonsense (no disrespect intended). An outside linebacker in a 3-4 needs to be fast. He is not a run stopper, either. Have you seen him trying to make open-field tackles these last few games? Yes, he's good at stoping the run as a defensive end. It's a totally different ballgame as an outside linebacker.

Why this front office continues to insult its fanbase is beyond me. After this contract, Jason Peters for $8M a year doesn't seem so bad!!!!

Exactly right. Peters is a d//k but a better player than we will have at that position in the next 3 years. Kelsay is like Evans, a good locker room guy and a good teammate and a decent player. That's what the bills and their management like. The Bills are run like some local rugby club. Good guys, good team guys. Lose 3 out of 4 games, so what. The club is a "good club". Don't win anything, but a "good bunch of guys". Losers. These are big leagues guys. Grow up, bills. These are not choir boys.

I agree with a lot of your points, but I have trouble with this statement. I could be wrong, but since when isn't a 3-4 OLB expected to drop back into coverage? Of course, the offensive alignment has a lot to do with the call, but it's a basic tenet of the position.

A 4-3 DE? That's a different argument.

I keep hearing the Bills are rushing 4 up to 50% of the time. I cancelled my directv this year so I have not seen them play.

Where does he play when they rush 4? Has he been playing a DE in those situations? I agree that if he is it doesn't seem to have helped the run D, but just wondering?

I keep hear

If someone said that eating pig poop is nutritious, I am now of the opinion that some clueless apes on this site would believe it and make up their own set of facts as to why that is true or factual.

Unbelievable

It's not ?

This post was absolute nonsense (no disrespect intended). An outside linebacker in a 3-4 needs to be fast. He is not a run stopper, either. Have you seen him trying to make open-field tackles these last few games? Yes, he's good at stoping the run as a defensive end. It's a totally different ballgame as an outside linebacker.

Why this front office continues to insult its fanbase is beyond me. After this contract, Jason Peters for $8M a year doesn't seem so bad!!!!

+ 1

Decent guy but ... he is an average 4-3 DE.

I'm watching the same games you are. For well over a decade, you've consistently ripped into average Bills players as terrible (I'm thinking 1998-2000 here). I get it. I'm OK with some average players on the team - which Kelsay most decidedly is, if statistical production and durability mean a goddamn thing - that aren't breaking the bank (which, to reiterate for the umpteenth time, he isn't). What are the Bills supposed to do anyway? Replace him with a 4th rounder next season? Find next year's version of Dwan Edwards Reggie Torbor?? Seriously. That's all that's going to be available, because there's no way in hell that the Bills don't focus on QB and O-line in the early part of the draft next year.

for 6 mil, we could have gotten 6 OLBs that are all better than Chris Kelsay

Exactly right. Peters is a d//k but a better player than we will have at that position in the next 3 years. Kelsay is like Evans, a good locker room guy and a good teammate and a decent player. That's what the bills and their management like. The Bills are run like some local rugby club. Good guys, good team guys. Lose 3 out of 4 games, so what. The club is a "good club". Don't win anything, but a "good bunch of guys". Losers. These are big leagues guys. Grow up, bills. These are not choir boys.

Evans is where u lost me...dude is a hall of fame caliber receiver with no QB...up until this point in his career he has the best stats of any Bills receivers...