Ranking stadium food

tomdayfan

The food at the Ralph is absolutely terrible. And a beer costs about $10. Plus you get to spend a fair amount of money to watch a horrible product with a mob of angry, stupid drunks. And yet the NFL is spending millions trying to figure out why folks would rather watch at home on their couches. Unreal.

The food at the Ralph is absolutely terrible. And a beer costs about $10. Plus you get to spend a fair amount of money to watch a horrible product with a mob of angry, stupid drunks. And yet the NFL is spending millions trying to figure out why folks would rather watch at home on their couches. Unreal.

First off, beer is $8.

And Ralph is pretty cheap compared to the rest of the NFL in terms of tickets food etc.

People are staying home bc of the recession and ticket prices at other stadiums are pretty high, esp when you factor in PSL. They arent staying home in droves bc some guy in the row behind them is too drunk. cmon man

First off, beer is $8.

And Ralph is pretty cheap compared to the rest of the NFL in terms of tickets food etc.

People are staying home bc of the recession and ticket prices at other stadiums are pretty high, esp when you factor in PSL. They arent staying home in droves bc some guy in the row behind them is too drunk. cmon man

I guess you don't tip.

And you're not right about that - the cost and atmosphere involved with going to the stadium are definitely key factors. That is why the NFL is making such a fuss about fixing the "fan experience" this season, adding the Red Zone Channel to the stadiums, etc.

First off, beer is $8.

You're wrong there. I know plenty of 25+ year season ticket holders who did not renew this year and while the atmosphere at the game is not the only reason, it was a big part of their decision. Way too many inconsiderate sloppy drunks at the game.

I guess you don't tip.

And you're not right about that - the cost and atmosphere involved with going to the stadium are definitely key factors. That is why the NFL is making such a fuss about fixing the "fan experience" this season, adding the Red Zone Channel to the stadiums, etc.

they cost $8 and you tip what you like.

The NFL is making a half hearted effort at the family experience. The game isnt for kittys, thats why commericals during the game are trucks and chicks, not spongebob squarepants.

I saw nothing different about the home opener aside from more sheriffs driving around doing nothing. plenty in my lot were doing the saem as always.

During an economic recession fans arent spending to come to games...shocking. But some are blaming the experience?

During an economic recession fans arent spending to come to games...shocking. But some are blaming the experience?

It's not just one thing, it's a mix of everything.

Sloppy drunken !@#$s, economy, price, product on the field, it all factors in.

But personally I think the overriding factor is product on the field, at least in Buffalo.

You could keep everything else the same as it is now except field a team that has a chance of going deep into the playoffs and I guarantee you tickets to games would be in high demand and there would be no question of any home games selling out.

It's not just one thing, it's a mix of everything.

Sloppy drunken !@#$s, economy, price, product on the field, it all factors in.

But personally I think the overriding factor is product on the field, at least in Buffalo.

You could keep everything else the same as it is now except field a team that has a chance of going deep into the playoffs and I guarantee you tickets to games would be in high demand and there would be no question of any home games selling out.

True. I was commenting on the global NFL situation. But in B-lo you win some games and the drunk complaints somehow lessen.

You're wrong there. I know plenty of 25+ year season ticket holders who did not renew this year and while the atmosphere at the game is not the only reason, it was a big part of their decision. Way too many inconsiderate sloppy drunks at the game.

I let my seasons go 2 years ago...part of the reason was crappy football the other part was there were way too many sloppy drunks around. On both sides of my seats other long-time season ticket holders let theirs go as well mostly becuase of the sloppy drunks. For some reason I don't recall as many sloppy inconsiderate drunks in the 90s...I guess winning football teams have a way of keeping the crap out of the stadium....

That article is all over the place. Complain about the quality of the food, or how much it costs, or that there isn't enough...blah blah.

The Washington Redskins comment is where I stopped giving the standard 2% seriousness I give to articles such as this. The female writer is complaining it has Hooters. Is it because Hooters has bad food? Or is that she's opposed to the restaurant concept, irrelevant of the food quality?

Esquire? :lol:

The last time I picked up an Esquire, it had an article telling single guys what hip books to strategically place around your apartment so girls would think you're deep. Not which books to READ, just which ones to buy and how & where to sort of casually leave askew on your end table. Like, "oh, how nice of you to drop in--I was just perusing some Sartre and taking notes on existentialism. Now let's go get sushi and check out some reggae!" And the rest of the magazine was ads for garish overpriced watches.

They don't get to talk to me about stadium food.