The Media's Opinion is a Joke !!

T master

The media just loves to have a wipping boy & that has been the Bills for a long period of time . Which has some merit due to past and present decisions with in the organization .

BUT that being said .

From Tim Graham & Jerry Sullivan to the all knowing eye of ESPN that is Adam Schefter they love to NOT talk about anything Buffalo Bills related unless it is or seems to be bad . :devil:

Heck this preseason even former team mate T.O. given the chance said something positive about Trent & the team !!!

Last year it had nothing to do with the fact that the Bills led the league in injuries or that because of those injuries they had 9 different starting configurations on the O line it was just simply that the Bills SUCK !!!

This year in preseason there was hardly any mention of the Bills being healthy or bringing in Dwan Edwards as an upgrade to the D or the veteran leadership of either D Edwards or LB Davis to make the transition to the 3-4 easier -- just that they were going to be last in the AFC east.

Or maybe even that we had one of the best secondaries in the NFL last year & that might be something we could build on coming into this year.

OH And then of all things to bring in Chan Gailey my god that's just nuts !!!

Then there's this Trent Edwards thing -- As far as the offense was concerned we were ranked mostly dead last in every offensive category & that was fine as long as the media could just not talk about the Bills in any positive type of light, but now when a hard decision is made (which i will agree the preseason would've made better sense timing wise) no one in the media can understand at all why this move was made even though Trent was rated 31st in ALL OFFENSIVE CATEGORIES as a QB !!! -- Nope it's just another stupid move by the Bills !!

Of coarse given the fact that the offense actually looked some what NFL like the media just probably hates that !!

Sullivan did agree with the move though in so many words !!

Well I guess until the Bills start kickin A** and takin names we are just going to have to accept the fact that our beloved team will be relegated to being the red headed step child of the NFL .

I would just love it if the decisions made by this staff would make the media guru's eat every freaking word the have ever said in negativity about the Bills :angry:

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

From Tim Graham & Jerry Sullivan to the all knowing eye of ESPN that is Adam Schefter they love to NOT talk about anything Buffalo Bills related unless it is or seems to be bad . :devil:

Please tell us some of the great news that is coming out of One Bills Drive. We'd love to hear it!

It's time to face the reality that we have become the Cincinnati Bengals for a new generation...we can't do anything right in the media's eyes. We are on par with Detroit and Oakland as well. It's a sad truth, I know but don't be expecting any love from a media outlet until we WIN A GAME.

So Trent Edwards is a horrible QB, we get rid of them and our coach and GM are stupid? Is that correct?

What does that make the coach and/or GM who picks up Edwards? Will they go after that coach and GM?

Where was the outcry from National Media against Wisenhunt and Arizona GM after releasing the former Heisman winner Leinhart right after the preseason?

The media just loves to have a wipping boy & that has been the Bills for a long period of time . Which has some merit due to past and present decisions with in the organization .

BUT that being said .

Heck this preseason even former team mate T.O. given the chance said something positive about Trent & the team !!!

Last year it had nothing to do with the fact that the Bills led the league in injuries or that because of those injuries they had 9 different starting configurations on the O line it was just simply that the Bills SUCK !!!

This year in preseason there was hardly any mention of the Bills being healthy or bringing in Dwan Edwards as an upgrade to the D or the veteran leadership of either D Edwards or LB Davis to make the transition to the 3-4 easier -- just that they were going to be last in the AFC east.

Or maybe even that we had one of the best secondaries in the NFL last year & that might be something we could build on coming into this year.

OH And then of all things to bring in Chan Gailey my god that's just nuts !!!

Then there's this Trent Edwards thing -- As far as the offense was concerned we were ranked mostly dead last in every offensive category & that was fine as long as the media could just not talk about the Bills in any positive type of light, but now when a hard decision is made (which i will agree the preseason would've made better sense timing wise) no one in the media can understand at all why this move was made even though Trent was rated 31st in ALL OFFENSIVE CATEGORIES as a QB !!! -- Nope it's just another stupid move by the Bills !!

Of coarse given the fact that the offense actually looked some what NFL like the media just probably hates that !!

Sullivan did agree with the move though in so many words !!

Well I guess until the Bills start kickin A** and takin names we are just going to have to accept the fact that our beloved team will be relegated to being the red headed step child of the NFL .

I would just love it if the decisions made by this staff would make the media guru's eat every freaking word the have ever said in negativity about the Bills :angry:

GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Maybe because the Bills do suck, have sucked and there isn't much of anything good to talk about with them. This organization and ownership only have themselves to blame for being labeled a losing franchise and a joke among the NFL and only they can change that. I don't know if you watch baseball, but how often do ESPN or anyone else say great things about the Pirates? We are the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL. Poor ownership with a bigger emphasis on making money than being competitive. It is so obvious, just look at the history-Ralph has hired one previously successful head coach in the long history of the team-Chuck Knox, and he left as soon as he could and turned down an extension, which has to say something. Levy wasn't successful before he came here. Actually after Knox, Juaron probably had the most previous success being named Coach of the Year in Chicago-and that certainly speaks volumes.

Just waiting for jw to bring the gauntlet now!

why?

there are those on this board who consider me being the "all-knowing highness" as SwampD refered to me over on the Aud Club board, a thread that's been pointed out to my attention. i guess i have a reactionary reputation, and am sometimes quick to hit the flame button.

to what point or advantage would i have if i provided any insight into this thread.

heck, i'm even hesitant to put in this thread, in fear of being targeted and then accused for being thin-skinned or defensive.

i'll defend myself only in asking anyone to take a look at the body of work i've written over the past year, in my stories and on this board in regards to Schobel, Lynch, T.O., and Michael Vick for that matter, and point out where i've gone overboard or been wrong.

heck, i was even attacked for having the balls to dispute a poster who suggested the Dolphins were "the joke of the AFC East."

and to SwampD's point, i don't understand how i'm all so high-and-mighty, when in reviewing the "women in the locker room" thread in question, you were the one who referred to the reporter as "a skank" (that's just an ugly word) and then suggested women should wear burkas.

but of course, the media's opinion is a joke. why go on and dispute that if that's what people believe.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

why?

there are those on this board who consider me being the "all-knowing highness" as SwampD refered to me over on the Aud Club board, a thread that's been pointed out to my attention. i guess i have a reactionary reputation, and am sometimes quick to hit the flame button.

to what point or advantage would i have if i provided any insight into this thread.

heck, i'm even hesitant to put in this thread, in fear of being targeted and then accused for being thin-skinned or defensive.

i'll defend myself only in asking anyone to take a look at the body of work i've written over the past year, in my stories and on this board in regards to Schobel, Lynch, T.O., and Michael Vick for that matter, and point out where i've gone overboard or been wrong.

heck, i was even attacked for having the balls to dispute a poster who suggested the Dolphins were "the joke of the AFC East."

and to SwampD's point, i don't understand how i'm all so high-and-mighty, when in reviewing the "women in the locker room" thread in question, you were the one who referred to the reporter as "a skank" (that's just an ugly word) and then suggested women should wear burkas.

but of course, the media's opinion is a joke. why go on and dispute that if that's what people believe.

jw

Typically when there are posts regarding media opinion and how people hate them you inevitably get pulled in. I guess that was my doing this time. MY BAD! Not trying to instigate. More of a comment that it's become an expectation for media related posts.

Typically when there are posts regarding media opinion and how people hate them you inevitably get pulled in. I guess that was my doing this time. MY BAD! Not trying to instigate. More of a comment that it's become an expectation for media related posts.

no need to apologize. of note, i've generally gotten involved in media-related threads to either:

1) provide my two cents in as i did in the women in locker room thread.

2) to defend a colleague of mine, when i think he/she's been wronged, as happened when the one bozo fatty-mcfat-fat-pig mischaracterized the conversation he had with Jerry Sullivan.

if people have trouble with media coverage on a whole, fine. we're not perfect in this business. but it's curious when i see all these links to stories produced by actual members of the media. guess it's a love-hate deal.

jw

I have no problem with the media beating down on the Bills for their play on the field because it does suck. What I have a problem with is when they all jump on the bandwagon saying cutting Trent was a bonehead play. He did not play the way he looked in pre-season and he lost the team. What the Hell is so tough to figure out - get rid of him and they did.

Listen people, we know more about this team than 90% of the people that write about it.....

2.) Also, J-Dub, I don't think there's a more beautiful word in the English language than "skank."

wouldn't want my wife, mom, my two sisters-in-law or any four of my nieces to be referred that way. so, using that gauge, i think the word is ugly and should be reserved in only the most extreme cases.

as one definition I've found reads: "One who is disgustingly foul or filthy and often considered sexually promiscuous."

based on that, i don't think the word applied in this case and was used by someone for mere effect.

jw

I have no problem with the media beating down on the Bills for their play on the field because it does suck. What I have a problem with is when they all jump on the bandwagon saying cutting Trent was a bonehead play. He did not play the way he looked in pre-season and he lost the team. What the Hell is so tough to figure out - get rid of him and they did.

Listen people, we know more about this team than 90% of the people that write about it.....

Maybe because it WAS a bonehead play. Why on earth get rid of him unless you have a viable replacement lined up? Benching him makes perfect sense. Releasing him with no replacement is stupid. How they did it regarding the other players on the team is yet more fuel to the bonehead fire. All this did was save Ralph a little money, and make the Trent haters very happy. Unless of course they sign another QB this week that actually has some potential.

As to the bolded part ... if you are included in the "we" then apparently not.

wouldn't want my wife, mom, my two sisters-in-law or any four of my nieces to be referred that way. so, using that gauge, i think the word is ugly and should be reserved in only the most extreme cases.

as one definition I've found reads: "One who is disgustingly foul or filthy and often considered sexually promiscuous."

based on that, i don't think the word applied in this case and was used by someone for mere effect.

jw

I'm offering no opinion on the reporter story, just saying that it's a good, strong word. One of those all-encompassing words. Of course, it's not the strongest word in the English lexicon -- that would be "cube."

Maybe because it WAS a bonehead play. Why on earth get rid of him unless you have a viable replacement lined up? Benching him makes perfect sense. Releasing him with no replacement is stupid. How they did it regarding the other players on the team is yet more fuel to the bonehead fire. All this did was save Ralph a little money, and make the Trent haters very happy. Unless of course they sign another QB this week that actually has some potential.

So what would have happened if Fitz got injured and Trent went back in to play? Yea, that would have turned out really well huh? You wait and see at the end of the season how many people in that locker room backed Trent. You think Gailey and crew honestly think they are winning this season, get a clue. They want to see if Brohm has got a legitimate shot at making this team next year so they had no problem getting rid of Trent.Any realistic fan knew this team was going to blow so the anger should not even surface until next year at the earliest. They did not like any of the QBs in the 2010 draft and hopefully they like some in 2011.

And as far as the bold part you were referring to, YOU were not included in WE.

Trent Haters? Trent Haters? Let me step out on a limb here and say that had Trent played with just a hint of semblance to a starting QB in the NFL everyone on this board would be overjoyed. No one hated Trent, only the fact that he refused to throw a football more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage, sure we hated that. Only the fact that he failed miserably in reading a defense, knowing who had single coverage, knowing where the blitz might be coming from, sure we hated that. But most of all we hated the fact that on 4th down, in a game where the outcome was already decided, he would rather run out of bounds then throw the ball down field. That play sealed his fate. I don't hate Trent, but I do hate the way he played QB for my team.

So Trent Edwards is a horrible QB, we get rid of them and our coach and GM are stupid? Is that correct?

What does that make the coach and/or GM who picks up Edwards? Will they go after that coach and GM?

Where was the outcry from National Media against Wisenhunt and Arizona GM after releasing the former Heisman winner Leinhart right after the preseason?

Or the Eagles for releasing Kolb after half a game after annointing him the chosen one in the off season.

Oh....wait. Never mind.