Syracuse is keeping Paul Pasqualoni

JarHeadJim

What are you talking about, you gotta' love Pasqualoni and his authoritative coach voice. If he and Charlie Casserly got into an argument it would sound like chow time at a kennel.

Seriously though, that guy is a doofus and Syracuse is making a mistake keeping him. His recruiting has gone down hill, and it's to the point where he recruits below the level of the university(which is to say any fresh face would be a better draw). If he hangs around much longer, the Rutgers program will get turned around!

This is an absolute nightmare. Welcome to the abyss now known as Syracuse football.

I guess when you lose to Temple and finish 1 game over .500 you deserve a lifetime contract. The Dome is going to be fricken VACANT next season. You may see attendance figures around 10,000.

Congratulations on your committment to mediocrity.

They are playing in the state finals on Saturday. Here is an article about him from this weekend. Corddarow Thompson DT 6-4 325 pounds.

The contrast was striking--Cordarrow Thompson sprinting across the field to envelop his father in a spine-crushing bear hug, while former Massaponax quarterback Nat Jackson trudged into the end zone to console Panthers junior Byron Allen.

Just moments earlier, Thompson and the North Stafford High School defense had stopped Massaponax quarterback Jay Kenney three yards shy of the end zone, denying the Panthers a game-tying touchdown and securing a 27-20 overtime victory that sends the Wolverines into the state playoffs for the first time.

Kyle Lloyd atoned for an earlier fumble by scoring the game-winning points on a 1-yard quarterback sneak in overtime for North Stafford (12-0), which will host W.T. Woodson Saturday at 1:30 p.m. in the Group AAA, Division 5 semifinals.

"I knew right when I let [the ball] go, if we lost it would be all on my shoulders," Lloyd said of his fumble, which ended a North Stafford drive at the Massaponax 14-yard line with 11 seconds left in the third quarter. "Our seniors want it so bad. If I would've thrown their season down the drain, I couldn't have taken it."

One of North Stafford's seniors was particularly responsible for putting the Wolverines in position to play next week. Jarvis Williams set up Mark Kratzer's 33-yard touchdown run by returning the second-half kickoff 56 yards, blocked the extra-point after Kenney's 21-yard run put Massaponax ahead 20-13 with 9:56 left, then beat tight coverage from Panthers cornerback Chase Rice to haul in an 11-yard alley-oop pass from Lloyd with 2:01 left in the game.

James Flerlage, who had earlier missed an extra-point and two field goals, converted the point-after that tied the game at 20 and ultimately sent it into overtime.

"That was the most impressive catch I've seen in my life," Kratzer said of Williams, who finished with three catches for 44 yards.

Added North Stafford coach Eric Cooke: "He's a big-time player. He's been making plays like that for four years."

There were plenty of big plays from both teams last night.

Massaponax (9-3), which generated only 70 yards of total offense in a 20-0 loss to North Stafford on Oct. 22, nearly eclipsed that total on its opening possession. Jason Lovett capped a 9-play, 65-yard march with a 33-yard sprint through the heart of the Wolverines' defense.

Massaponax led 14-7 at halftime, but Williams' big return gave North Stafford immediate momentum coming out of the locker room.

The Wolverines needed just two plays--both Kratzer runs--to score, but Flerlage's extra-point sailed wide left as Massaponax held on to a 14-13 lead.

It stayed that way until the fourth quarter. After Octavius Williams recovered Lloyd's fumble, Kenney scrambled for 43 yards and hit Lovett for a 29-yard pass to the North Stafford 15. Two penalties moved Massaponax back, but Kenney got outside and sprinted down the right sideline for a 21-yard touchdown.

On the ensuing extra-point, Williams broke through Massaponax's front wall and got a hand on Brian Pate's kick to keep North Stafford's deficit at seven points.

"I knew we needed a block," Williams said. "I just ran in and got a hand on it."

Added Cooke: "That made things a lot easier. That was a critical point. I don't think you can overlook that."

Kenney led Massaponax with 100 yards rushing, but the Panthers couldn't get anything going after Lloyd scored first in overtime.

Thompson dragged down Lovett from behind for a 1-yard loss on third down, leaving Massaponax to face a fourth-and-eight with its season on the line.

Kenney dropped back to pass and faced immediate pressure up the middle. He scrambled to his right and tried to turn the corner, but was met by a horde of North Stafford players and went down on the 3-yard line.

"This is our senior year," Thompson said. "We had to step up and dig deep tonight."

Let that be a lesson to you all...WINNING COVERS ALL WARTS!!

J.P...meet the bench.  You guys will be spending a lot of time together in 2005.

PTR

149545[/snapback]

Last time I checked, sub .500 or even .500 isn't a 'winning' record...but then again this is tsw...

Last time I checked, sub .500 or even .500 isn't a 'winning' record...but then again this is tsw...

149697[/snapback]

Last I checked Syracuse was 6-5 and that is a winning record, of course that is everwhere except on the Island of Dr. Moron.

This is an absolute nightmare.  Welcome to the abyss now known as Syracuse football.

I guess when you lose to Temple and finish 1 game over .500 you deserve a lifetime contract.  The Dome is going to be fricken VACANT next season.  You may see attendance figures around 10,000.

Congratulations on your committment to mediocrity.

149615[/snapback]

To see Florida State play, i had to buy 2 games worth of tickets. Sucky part was the Florida State game wasn't even a sell out.

Syracuse has a kid from the local school going there next year.  He is the defensive player of the year in the state of Virgina.  This is saying something as Virginia has some pretty highly ranked football programs.

149679[/snapback]

I'd be more frickin' impressed if Michael Hart and Greg Paulus were going to SU, and if Marquise Walker had gone as well. When you can't keep your own, it says a lot about you as a recruiter.