Someone please tell me TD is friggin kidding?

ICE

Just think of all the money SDS could've saved if we didn't have the same posts over and over and over and over again... Less disk space, less bandwidth, less memory, less monthly charges!

Sorry SDS...

BTW, I still say Bledsoe will be a first ballot HoF QB (especialy if the Bills make the playoffs this year).

CW

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew turning it around and playing better is great for anyone who wants the nice guys to win. Unfortunately the kind of guy you wouldn't mind your sister dating is not usually the most successful player or coach in the NFL.

My biggest regret at our 4 superbowl losses is how our classy coach got beat by the douche bag coaches from the Giants and Cowboys- two world class examples of dysfunctional personalities making it to the top of their profession.

The HOF is full players who are a**holes but who got it done on the field.

Please,let us enjoy, for at least one week, the success of a player who has overcome some tough times and still is regarded as a nice guy.

Completely agree ICE. The guys stats this year as on par with Tim Rattays yet idiots here think he is the next Joe Montana! Tim Rattay 78.1 rating, Drew Bleedslow 78.7 rating. Ghee your right TD, Drew is such a stud!

Nice try, start the rookie!

149434[/snapback]

Tim Rattay has played how many years in the NFL? Right.

Just a little note. HOF stats come from a career of games. A CAREER.

Bledsoe is 10th in yardage passing in NFL history, and he's only 32-3. He'll be in the league for another 3-5 years just because he's smart, a team player, and has one of the best arms, still, of any NFL QB. By the time he retires, he'll probably be in the top five in yardage in NFL history (several thousand ahead of Kelly). Sorry JP-Era, that's a sure HOF career.

It is amazing that some people that call themselfs fans can sit and accept this sh-- so lightly. We have total moron for a GM that thinks a guy that is not even an average NFL QB is a HOF type QB.

but hey you bledsonians are going to get your wish.

149397[/snapback]

I thought you said you weren't going to talk about Bledsoe anymore?

Please?

"Bud (Hamburg, NY): With Drew Bledsoe finally starting to look like the Drew Bledsoe of two years ago and the team winning, is what the Jets did with Pennington/Testaverde…drafting a young QB and letting him watch and learn for a full two years while the veteran played…a direction the Bills could be considering come 2005? Would the organization consider letting a No. 1 pick not play until 2006 if Bledsoe continues to impress?

TD: We have been very privileged over the last couple of years in this organization and as football fans in Buffalo to be exposed to Drew Bledsoe. Drew is a Hall of Fame quarterback and is an even better person. He has brought so much to our team and to our community and organization. When we were really struggling several years ago, Drew brought instant credibility to our team and our offense. During his first year here he broke at least 10 passing records as a Bill and he went to the Pro Bowl. Since that time, he has played winning football a vast majority of the time and has gotten way too much criticism when our team has struggled. Just this year, to give you an example, in 10 of our 12 games Drew has scored 90 percent or better in his performance. This type of effort is a winning effort. We are very lucky to have Drew Bledsoe as our quarterback and our young quarterback, J.P. Losman, is very lucky to be a situation where he can learn from one of the best in the game. "

You are fuggin kidding me right? he is a fuggin HOF QB?  On what God Damn planet?  Not this one! 

In 10 of 12 games he has scored 90% or better in his performance? Even the most ardent Bledsonian MUST raise the BS flag.

Well there ya have it folks. JP will be sitting next year as well. We are screwed beyond belief.  Maybe we can be a superbowl contender in say 2008-2009?  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

149390[/snapback]

I sure as heck can tell this thread touched a nerve around here...But sorry Folks, ICE is 100% right about this...

Privileged?? You have got to be joking TD...I don't even know what to say about that comment it's so over-the-top...Good God, I'm enjoying this run as much as anyone, but it's awful tough to forget the agony I was feeling a few weeks back when the Bills were 15-23 during the Bledsoe era, and had lost 20 of the previous 30 Games...I mean it's only been 6 weeks TD...Do you honestly think Bills Fans have that short of an attention span? HOF??? Well, Bledsoe's career is not over yet, so I guess there is always a chance, but putting him in now is a bit premature for certain...

My take on Bledsoe as the Starter in 2004 has certainly been adjusted...The Bills are winning now, and that's all I ever wanted, so I'm presently quite content...But it seems as if TD is going a bit overboard in his praise for DB...

Then again, for DB to be a sure-fire HOF QB he'll have to have a couple Monster years, and maybe even a SB victory or two...So I guess I hope TD is just an advanced Fortune Teller... B)

But sorry Folks, ICE is 100% right about this...

The ONLY person in this thread who is 100% right is the Guest who said that anyone who thinks TD would say anything other than that is a total moron. This thread is ridiculous. What do you expect TD to say in an email correspondence published on BB.com? More importantly, who the hell cares what he says in that context? Why don't we wait until the offseason to see what ACTUALLY HAPPENS before engaging in this waste of bandwith...

for DB to be a sure-fire HOF QB he'll have to have a couple Monster years, and maybe even a SB victory or two...

149620[/snapback]

As it stands right now, he's definitely on the outside looking in. Boomer Esiason was a much better pro with comparable stats to Drew... been eligible for 3 years, & isn't even one of the 7 possible QB finalists for the 2005 HOF class.

I can't even think about it right now, ICE. I'm still despondent over that 7-takeaway, 2-return-TD drubbing the Bills took in Miami yesterday. :doh:

I'd like to play poker with you some day. You haven't the slightest idea of the meaning of "moderation"...you'd fold on two pair, then bet the farm on an inside straight the very next hand.

we're winning, isn't that enough? Get a grip

149648[/snapback]

ICE didn't tell you? We lost yesterday. Apparently, when you get seven turnovers and two return TDs, and are only up by ten at the whistle, it's not actually a win... :doh:

Drew has passed for about 40,000 yards in his career. He does have HOF credentials. The one thing about Drew is that he still has the arm strength. Another is that he does not have the history of injuries that leads a guy to the end of his career.

Drew's biggest problem has always been in his mechanics. When he gets guys in his face, or doesn't concentrate, or whatever, he tends to throw off of his back foot without planting. The same thing when he starts patting the ball. When he has time and he steps into his throws, he can pick a defense apart.

I'm sure that the coaching staff has worked their butts off this year in trying to give Drew a game plan in which he can succeed.

Based on where he is now, you have to think that our BEST chance of winning is with Drew at QB.

Someday? Amazing how wins over sub .500 teams seem to make everyone forget how DB has played the last 2.75 years, Fuggin Amazing  :doh:

149712[/snapback]

Funny how 2 of the last 3 wins were NOT against teams with sub .500 records. In fact, they were against division leading teams... Funny, that.

CW

1)Ice, you posted in the beginning of the year how you met with TD near the fieldhouse at RWS or whatever, and how he said that this team was close. You posted how anyone who didn't realize this was clueless or whatever. Ironically, now that what TD said is beginning to be proven true, you've already taken the opposite stance and are still trying to defend it. TD was correct - the team is close. We're getting closer every week.

2) I have been one of the most vocal opponents of Drew this entire year. The reason for that was because I felt Drew was either contributing to the loss or doing nothing to contribute to the win. If he can do what he did yesterday and actually make the type of contribution that a QB should, I have no issue with him starting.

3) If we're fortunate enough to return to the Big Dance with Bledsoe at the helm, we have a much better chance to win it than we did before - and than the Bledsoe-led Pats against the Packers - because of our defense. When our defense is on their game, which is most of the time, they are not good, they are dominant. And as many have said, our halftime adjustments are excellent. On top of that, our special teams have become one of the best units in the league, particularly Terrence McGee. So even though I'm as cynical about Drew as anyone else (except maybe Ice), I like our chances with our D.

1)Ice, you posted in the beginning of the year how you met with TD near the fieldhouse at RWS or whatever, and how he said that this team was close. You posted how anyone who didn't realize this was clueless or whatever. Ironically, now that what TD said is beginning to be proven true, you've already taken the opposite stance and are still trying to defend it. TD was correct - the team is close. We're getting closer every week.

2) I have been one of the most vocal opponents of Drew this entire year. The reason for that was because I felt Drew was either contributing to the loss or doing nothing to contribute to the win. If he can do what he did yesterday and actually make the type of contribution that a QB should, I have no issue with him starting.

3) If we're fortunate enough to return to the Big Dance with Bledsoe at the helm, we have a much better chance to win it than we did before - and than the Bledsoe-led Pats against the Packers - because of our defense. When our defense is on their game, which is most of the time, they are not good, they are dominant. And as many have said, our halftime adjustments are excellent. On top of that, our special teams have become one of the best units in the league, particularly Terrence McGee. So even though I'm as cynical about Drew as anyone else (except maybe Ice), I like our chances with our D.

149744[/snapback]

I think its the meds or lack there of. I can see a meltdown coming any day now

Just an observation on the original quote, Donahoe completely avoided the question on the QB situation for next year.

Now some jackass might have wanted Donahoe to say that Bledsoe was out next year, or that he'll face open competition from Losman in training camp.

But Donahoe is not a complete jackass, like some around here. Donahoe isn't stupid enough to undercut his starting QB when his team is 1 game out of the playoffs with 4 to go.

And even though some jackasses don't believe the Bills deserve to be in that position, Donahoe isn't stupid enough to look a gift horse in the mouth.

So Donahoe did exactly the right thing, despite what some over-reactive, junior-GM-wannabee jackasses write.

He built up the ego of a player in the middle of a playoff race. Him doing anything less would make him a complete jackass.