Bust

eball

Well, he is obviously talking to the fans that did call Spiller a waste of a pick.... the guy is a playmaker, and we sure as hell in need of playmakers.... though it is games like this that show playmakers aren't the only thing we are lacking.... having no pass rush is going to kill this defense this year, and the QB and RT is just hurting the offense... this team needs a lot more work.

Let's run Buddy out of town. Who needs guys who can score?

I've said it before, arguably the two best RB's in the league last year were Chris Johnson and Steven Jackson. Neither made the playoffs last year, and the Rams ended up drafting #1 overall despite Jackson's fine season. Running backs do not mean that much in todays game, and using first round picks on them is for teams that already have good lines and QB play, not bereft teams like the Bills. Still, the Bills continue to burn first round picks on them. And none of them has been an outright bust. IT JUST DOES NOT WORK.

I've said it before, arguably the two best RB's in the league last year were Chris Johnson and Steven Jackson. Neither made the playoffs last year, and the Rams ended up drafting #1 overall despite Jackson's fine season. Running backs do not mean that much in todays game, and using first round picks on them is for teams that already have good lines and QB play, not bereft teams like the Bills. Still, the Bills continue to burn first round picks on them. And none of them has been an outright bust. IT JUST DOES NOT WORK.

Try telling that to the Vikings with AP/Taylor

You can't win in this league with RBs alone..... but if you complement them with a good defense and a good passing game, then a run game helps a lot, even when bret favre is your QB.

But yeah, this team really needs a lot more work.... it is nice to have a game changer on the team, but we need to cut the dead weight on this team. We have some good players.... but there is too much dead weight holding them back. We need to rid of the crappiest players faster, because they are pulling our better players down and making them look even worse.

Try telling that to the Vikings with AP/Taylor

You can't win in this league with RBs alone..... but if you complement them with a good defense and a good passing game, then a run game helps a lot, even when bret favre is your QB.

But yeah, this team really needs a lot more work.... it is nice to have a game changer on the team, but we need to cut the dead weight on this team. We have some good players.... but there is too much dead weight holding them back. We need to rid of the crappiest players faster, because they are pulling our better players down and making them look even worse.

If this game shows anything, it's that the OL is getting better, and that the offense isn't as far off as it looked with TE at the helm (though the caliber of defense we played today is not on a par with the last 2 weeks). I've been an advocate of letting this front office and coaching staff evaluate players and make their own minds up, not basing player evaluations on last year's disaster. Going in to the season, offense in general was a big ?, as were OLBs and defensive line. I wanted the coaching staff to see if TE could be salvaged. As of three games in, offense is starting to look like a matter of execution and getting serviceable play from RT and QB AND they've already turned the page on TE. Defensively it's still on the OLBs (pass rush AND figuring out how the &^%* to cover a tight end). Unfortunately the d-line gave up almost 200 yards rushing, which is a big step back. From a coaching standpoint, the gameday management is WORLDS ahead of last season... it almost looks like Gailey's coached a football team before. I expect over the next few weeks as they figure out who fits into their long-term plans, you'll see some of the dead weight jettisoned. I wonder if Scott's role today is an indication that Gailey/Edwards have seen enough of Whitner, already.

We knew this would be a work in progress, but there is progress being made. I'd say three games in, and things are starting to come in to focus (and I'm still in the dinner's on me smartass competition :thumbsup:). If nothing else, at least this game was watchable. :blush: