[please fix subject]John Fox

Gabe Northern

Looks like John Fox is going to get the axe at season's end in Carolina.

If he decides to stay out of football in 2011 (assuming there's a season), he could be an attractive candidate for whatever past his prime former area scout is running the Bills front office at that point. A former NFL coach with a Super Bowl on his resume would sure look good after a failed ACC Coastal division coach posts 5 wins in 2 seasons. The question is: would he be willing to work for a lifetime supply of comfortable sweaters and $10,000 of chips at Seneca Niagara? I bet a rather generous gift certificate to Duffs would also be thrown in to sweeten the deal.

2012? Given Ralph's age, I don't think you can truly look at anything beyond this year, and then one year at a time. A massive upgrade in ownership would greatly change the fortunes of this team, we should be able to do better than Fox.

Given Ralph's age, I can't see him waiting two years to make another move...

Even for man in his 90's I'll wager he is still very football savvy and has to be wondering what he got himself into with Nix and Gailey. This offensive guru was supposed to be an upgrade to a failing offense, instead it looks worse then it did last season with Jauron firing the OC and cutting linemen two weeks before the season starts. They didn't replace TO after letting him go, they didn't upgrade LT or RT and they didn't upgrade the tight end position, instead they draft another RB when they already had 2 really good RB's on the roster.

Should this team continue to experience more blowout games like they had against Green Bay, the offense continue to flounder and fail, the team not win games, I would think Grampy Wilson will make a move sometime this year.

Even for man in his 90's I'll wager he is still very football savvy and has to be wondering what he got himself into with Nix and Gailey. This offensive guru was supposed to be an upgrade to a failing offense, instead it looks worse then it did last season with Jauron firing the OC and cutting linemen two weeks before the season starts. They didn't replace TO after letting him go, they didn't upgrade LT or RT and they didn't upgrade the tight end position, instead they draft another RB when they already had 2 really good RB's on the roster.

Should this team continue to experience more blowout games like they had against Green Bay, the offense continue to flounder and fail, the team not win games, I would think Grampy Wilson will make a move sometime this year.

What move? Is there someone else in the building that Ralph knows that's going to unsink the ship? Maybe Modrak will take the post if he's asked again, eh?

You greatly overestimate Ralphs mental abilities. Watching him at PC's he doesn't seem to know if he wet his depends half the time.

You greatly overestimate Ralphs mental abilities. Watching him at PC's he doesn't seem to know if he wet his depends half the time.

Pitiful lack of respect. Challenging his football decisions is open game, but stooping to........

What evidence is there that Ralph was EVER very footall savvy?

The guy bought a football team for 20k and its worth nearly a billion dollars... not to mention he has kept that team in the smallest market in the NFL, and the same city.

2 AFL championships and 4 super bowl appearances is better then most of the NFL teams, so he must have done some things right over the lifespan of the team

Looks like John Fox is going to get the axe at season's end in Carolina.

If he decides to stay out of football in 2011 (assuming there's a season), he could be an attractive candidate for whatever past his prime former area scout is running the Bills front office at that point. A former NFL coach with a Super Bowl on his resume would sure look good after a failed ACC Coastal division coach posts 5 wins in 2 seasons. The question is: would he be willing to work for a lifetime supply of comfortable sweaters and $10,000 of chips at Seneca Niagara? I bet a rather generous gift certificate to Duffs would also be thrown in to sweeten the deal.

Yes he is and as someone who has watched every game the panthers have played (they are my #2 Team) I have to say no way in friggin hell do I want that POS here. Hell just bring back Jauron, you are getting the same guy.

The guy bought a football team for 20k and its worth nearly a billion dollars... not to mention he has kept that team in the smallest market in the NFL, and the same city.

No one ever accused Ralph of not being business savy.

And that's the difference between an owner and a fan. Owners want to make money. Fans want to win.

What move? Is there someone else in the building that Ralph knows that's going to unsink the ship? Maybe Modrak will take the post if he's asked again, eh?

The move I was thinking of was not one to the restroom where he might find Modrak reading the latest Mel Kiper or Todd McShay draft guides

It was firing Chan Gailey after he takes the team to 2-14 and gets all three current QB's placed on IR, he then hires Marty S who then takes the team to 14-2 in 2011

The move I was thinking of was not one to the restroom where he might find Modrak reading the latest Mel Kiper or Todd McShay draft guides

It was firing Chan Gailey after he takes the team to 2-14 and gets all three current QB's placed on IR, he then hires Marty S who then takes the team to 14-2 in 2011

Is it lonely on fantasy island?

Darth, you are entitled to your opinion, but show some class. How would you feel if people kept posting mean stereotypical things about hyped up bipolar football player wannabes?

oh really, so how is your football team doing these days. do you talk to your grandfather that way?JERK!! would you rather be rooting for some other team beacause Mr. Wilson moved the team 20years ago when the steel mills left????say it with me now WE ARE REBUILDING ,i want us to win also just have to hope for the best

Okay, this is starting to get completely ridiculous. Every year the team starts off poorly, people start up with the "The Team's leaving" and "Get a new coach" talk. First off, the team is not leaving. People are still buying tickets and the stadium is selling out. The league has already discussed moving Jacksonville, and they are a much more likely franchise to move than Buffalo. And, just to be clear, just because there has not been a public announcement by Ralph Wilson concerning the future of the team should he pass away, doesn't mean there isn't one. Do you publicly tell everyone what you're planning to do with all of your money when you die? Probably not.

As for the calls for a coaching change, seriously, can we quit it? This is beyond stupid. The guy has coached two games here, with a majority of players from the lazy Jauron Era, and all of a sudden, he's supposed to be 2-0 and predicted to crush the Patriots this week? If you really thought that this team was going to be turned around in one offseason and by a change of scheme, without much a of a change in certain positions, you were living in an unsustainable fantasy land. Welcome back to reality. The team is rebuilding with a new FO and new staff. Trent was NOT going to be the savior in this offense or any other offense. Buffalo chose to start the rebuilding effort on the defensive side of the ball, which by the way, was probably the right move. The defense is actually not bad. Most of Green Bay's points last week came off of short field drives because of the offenses' inability to move on a top five defense in the league.

Chan and Nix should get more than one offseason and two games to try and make this team better. Trading Lynch to Green Bay for AJ Hawk, per the rumors that have been circulating, would be a good move. Spiller is the RB of the future and I think he should be getting more carries now, but that's not my call. I know it is difficult to be patient after the last decade, but seriously, Rome was not built in a day, as the old saying goes. This is going to take at least another two years before all the pieces are in place to win. What we need to look for is whether the players we know we are going to have over that time are improving. Jesus, give the coach a chance to get his players in place and get the system worked out before we start with the torches and pitchforks.