NO more signs inside The Ralph

Flutie Flakes

Stupid analogy.

1) With the glass they cannot hang signs on the boards.

2) The inside of the board is in the field of play.

3) The NHL already sells advertising there.

4) You can, and sometimes do, see people holding up signs on the glass and they are not stopped unless they are blocking someone elses view.

It looks like field level ring wall might be where the NFL is determining the point at which the field of play begins and if the Bills or the NFL want to sell or display advertising there, they might not want someone to cover it up. Is that so hard to understand?

Yeah, cowardice. That's it.

It is actually an NFL rule and not a Bills rule.

Seriously, if you hate everything so much why are you a Bills fan?

Its cowardace on the part of the Bills Org.

pansy @ss liberals.these are the same morons who would expell your kid from school for a year because he brought a squirt gun in to class

BWA! Best post I've read all day. Awesome that someone could take a marketing decision and turn it into a political issue.

I remember back in the 1970 and 1980s when I sold programs at the Dallas Cowboy games, there were tons of home made signs along the front row. My brother used to make one every week. He even had one referenced by the narrator on an NFL Films episode. But I've noticed over the last 10 years or so you don't see them anymore. It's not just at the Ralph, but pretty much everywhere. Now I go to a lot of Seattle Seahawks games and there aren't any there.

I wonder though that if the NFL runs off the fans they have now with their "family friendly" direction, who will buy tickets? With the high prices of tickets, parking, concessions, etc, people with families with kids (and all their expenses) can't afford to take the whole family out to the game anyway.

Edited by reddogblitz

pansy @ss liberals.these are the same morons who would expell your kid from school for a year because he brought a squirt gun in to class

Yeah, freaking conservatives. The same guys who don't want you to pass gas in public and then get all offended when you use the word "cyclone" or blink too often. I hate that.

Didn't make sense? Well, neither did yours.

---------

As for the original point, try writing to Mr. Wilson. It's very possible this is one of those decisions that he would not approve of, a decision made by some low-down the food chain underling for no particular reason. Not saying it will work, but there's a chance that Mr. Wilson might want to help. He's proven fan-friendly through the years.

Edited by Thurman#1

If you let one guy have a sign, you need to let everyone have a sign. Then some random stadium worker has to decide whether or not that sign is acceptable. Obviously hanging a giant banner that says "Bills Stink" would be a problem. With fan morale at a very low level, they don't want the hassle.

I agree with the bills on this. As this team continues to lose, I could envision some very negative stuff showing up on signs hung over the wall. Given the design of the stands, the fans in row 1, on the wall are not the big money types you see at other venues, they are pretty much the "crown royal boys" knucklehead crowd looking for attention, especially outside the 20 yard lines. So the Bills are just heading an ugly situation off at the pass.