Proof of lateral pass...

If you watch the real play side by side with the animation, they have Wycheck's feet a foot or 2 further than they actually were... in the actual play, his front foot barely hits the 20 when he sets up to throw, in the animation he starts clearly over the 20... in the actual play, you can see green space between his feet and the 20 yard line while he throws... in the animation he's on the 20 the entire time.

it's not where his feet are, it's where the ball is. Maybe next though, we can start investigating whether the crowd all conspired to blow Norwood's kick to the right. :rolleyes:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As best I can recall, at the time I saw all the replays/angles, the ball appeared to go forward, but it didn't cross a yard marker. Without it crossing a yard marker, and absent a definitive angle that conclusively shows it going forward, the official did the appropriate thing in letting the call on the field stand.

it's not where his feet are, it's where the ball is. Maybe next though, we can start investigating whether the crowd all conspired to blow Norwood's kick to the right. :rolleyes:

I understand that, but if the location of his feet aren't accurately represented in this simulation, what are the chances that the location of his arm when he released the ball is accurately represented?

1. it seems that the 2 would be directly related in any legit simulation

2. it seems that if they can't get right the one detail that you can without a doubt know about the situation (his feet are on the ground, at a yard marker, there's no optical illusion or lens warping at work here), then the legitimacy of their simulation is a pretty big question.

Why the hell do you gotta bring this **** up? Do you like kicking us all in the !@#$ing nuts or something? It was a forward pass and I will also take that to my grave! Nothing else could convince me any different! We got !@#$ed! :thumbdown::angry:

Nothing will convince you any different? Even the fact that it's clearly a perfect sideways lateral?

The same people that year after year say we're going to win 10 games before the season starts are the same ones that are such Buffalo homers that they can't see the truth. It was, in all honesty, a beautiful play.

There's a difference between being a fan and being a homer and thinking we got "screwed".

Edited by stevestojan

You doubt Santayana? :blink:

Santayana does not apply to the NFL....unless you like his quote about his one that goes something like 'Sanity is craziness put to good use'. That's not an exact quote, but it does try to explain the Bills opening up '09 with the no-huddle and currently playing the 3-4 with no linebackers.

Where's the proof? I see some shabby purported evidence. based on distorted camera angles, but no proof.

As Buftex notes, the most complete scientific analysis I have seen suggests the ball was thrown forward. Either way, why bring this up now, in a Bills forum?

Actually, this post contributes to the ton of evidence which points to Wilson as the douchiest of the TSW posters. A POS troll to be sure.

Wow...can you people say denial!?

And as far as this evidence goes...let's see it?

I would never wish harm upon someone else...but I would love to see YOU on your knees, with a .22 pointed at the back of your head!

The ball was ahead of the line when thrown and behind it when caught. PERIOD.

Exactly!

How people cannot see that is beyond me! It is right there in front of your face.

From where the BALL is when it leaves Wychek's hand, to the point where Dyson catches it...is a legal pass.

The ball clearly goes backwards and NOT forwards.

Where's the proof? I see some shabby purported evidence. based on distorted camera angles, but no proof.

As Buftex notes, the most complete scientific analysis I have seen suggests the ball was thrown forward. Either way, why bring this up now, in a Bills forum?

Actually, this post contributes to the ton of evidence which points to Wilson as the douchiest of the TSW posters. A POS troll to be sure.

That may be why you also see a forward pass...

clean your glasses or something...doesnt seem like you can SEE too clearly!

Quite the opposite, actually. History is written by the WINNERS.

lol Nice. +1. History is written and generaly studied by the victors. A smart individual will study and learn from history.

Wow...can you people say denial!?

And as far as this evidence goes...let's see it?

I would never wish harm upon someone else...but I would love to see YOU on your knees, with a .22 pointed at the back of your head!

Damn Wilson. You have a few loose marbles?

Edited by Pilsner

that ball went slightly forward. and hi i'm new here but i have been reading the boards for awhile.

welcome to the board Beach. Most people here seem fairly cool but just kno you will run into a small bunch with little social skills. Anyway happy posting.