Who subbed for Levitre on Sunday?

dgrid

I thought Howard looked pretty good. I actually thought he looked good enough to consider a couple switches. One could be Levitre to RG and Wood to C. Hangman is awful. The other would be Levitre to RT. I like this less but Green is worse than Hagman. Not sure Levitre can play RT.

I thought Howard looked pretty good.  I actually thought he looked good enough to consider a couple switches.  One could be Levitre to RG and Wood to C.  Hangman is awful.  The other would be Levitre to RT.  I like this less but Green is worse than Hagman.  Not sure Levitre can play RT.

Howard had help on most plays - which made it easy for Green Bay to run stunts to create mismatches everywhere else. 

I thought Howard looked pretty good. I actually thought he looked good enough to consider a couple switches. One could be Levitre to RG and Wood to C. Hangman is awful. The other would be Levitre to RT. I like this less but Green is worse than Hagman. Not sure Levitre can play RT.

Ah there it is. The obligatory "get rid of Hang Man" post.

Sad thing is, Hang Man probably grades out the highest of anyone on our OL after 2 games. What I saw was Hang Man helping Howard and Wood getting abused. I still don't think Wood is fully back.

Why move Wood to center right now? Maybe we do that next year after he works on it during preseason?

Levitre does not look like a tackle in the NFL. He is athletic enough but a bit small and with short arms. He is a gaurd in the NFL and if you are watching he also has been struggling a bit.

As for the others:

Bell is looking ok but he cannot finish a game. When he comes out Meredith is a huge drop off.

Green looks like a turnstile in the same style as Kirk Chambers.

line performed better in run game when Howard came in, for whatever reason.

overall, i did not think the line was physically overmatched all that often. wood was bull-rushed once. Green was run around once. Meredith pushed back once. they need to come together (or get better coaching) but they blocked ok for the most part, when they knew who to block.

Edited by Brainiac72

Sad thing is, Hang Man probably grades out the highest of anyone on our OL after 2 games. What I saw was Hang Man helping Howard and Wood getting abused. I still don't think Wood is fully back.

Why move Wood to center right now? Maybe we do that next year after he works on it during preseason?

Levitre does not look like a tackle in the NFL. He is athletic enough but a bit small and with short arms. He is a gaurd in the NFL and if you are watching he also has been struggling a bit.

As for the others:

Bell is looking ok but he cannot finish a game. When he comes out Meredith is a huge drop off.

Well, if they could clone Hangman and line up 5 copies, the line wouldn't be driving a lot of defenses down the field with ease, but it wouldn't have guys running away from the pass rushers yelling "Doh!" and "Olé!" either.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

As for the others:

I have been noticing the same thing with Bell - he actually looks decent. It's possible he works out after all to a some extent. Meredith on the other hand is a huge dissapointment. I guess there's no need to second-guess GB's releasing of draft picks.

As for the others:

Did you see Hang man get abused on the first Mathews sack. He was pushed to the side by Mathews arm. It was awful. I agree with almost everything you said. I do think Levitre most likely is a better option at G instead of tackle. However I would bet he would play better at T than either Meredith or Green, left or right. When Bell needs a spell I would move Levitre to LT and bring in Howard or Urbik if he is ready. Meredith is god awful. I too think Wood is not back and worry that he may never fully recover. Hopefully a year from now he regains his lower body strength. IMO Bell has played fine.