Vick

Now i am the first one to think what he did off the field was horrible. I have two awesome dogs myself. And i lived here in Atl, and watched how he almost single handedly brought down the Falcons. Petrino helped.

But after watching him some the first two games, he seems to still have the talent. It looks like he is also being coached up by Reid and his staff.

You know Bledsoe played a few good games for Dallas right? I guess it's one thing to have always liked the guy, but to change your opinion after a game and a half - one against the Lions and a half against a lax D with a big lead - is very hard to understand.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See how angry they get at those who don't condone Vick's behavior? It is as I said in another thread. They will say anything to demean and demoralize those of us who would have a world without wanton torture, even of the animals that are destined for our tables, because they simply don't understand why we care. And it angers them that they know we judge them because they don't. They can't quite get themselves to admit that if they stumbled upon a dogfighting operation in their neighborhood, they'd probably participate in it themselves, and even the ones who claim to be "animal lovers themselves", if questioned properly would more than likely admit that their "love" of their pets falls into about the same realm as their love of their favorite couch or coffee table book.

See how angry they get at those who don't condone Vick's behavior? It is as I said in another thread. They will say anything to demean and demoralize those of us who would have a world without wanton torture, even of the animals that are destined for our tables, because they simply don't understand why we care. And it angers them that they know we judge them because they don't. They can't quite get themselves to admit that if they stumbled upon a dogfighting operation in their neighborhood, they'd probably participate in it themselves, and even the ones who claim to be "animal lovers themselves", if questioned properly would more than likely admit that their "love" of their pets falls into about the same realm as their love of their favorite couch or coffee table book.

What Vick did is inexcusable. There is no place for dogfighting in a civilized world. That said, I hope he has changed for real and can become a productive member of society, regardless of what happens on the field.

He wasn't considered a quality person before the dogfighting, so he has a tougher road ahead of himself.

I don't think the Bills have the same kind of balls the Eagles have when it comes to making the tough decisions - that's why the Eagles took the chance on him last year and we are still nursing the idea that our VETERAN QB's give us a remote chance of being competative . :rolleyes:

More wild assertions! So now I would participate in a dogfighting ring? And I somehow dislike my dog?

I don't have a problem with someone hating Michael Vick. I take issue with people who presume to know him well enough to tell the rest of us what he thinks and how he feels.

I really can't believe how some people get from A to B in this situation. That's the problem with your argument: everything is reduced to black and white. Those of us who wish to acknowledge that it is possible for someone to genuinely change as a result of prison time and being exposed to long, hard looks at one's self, somehow hate their own dogs or are the reason for humanity's short-comings?

I'll say it again: the NFL is not for self-respecting moral absolutists. If you feel as strongly as your rhetoric would indicate, I don't even see how some of you can support a league -- on any level -- that employs Leonard Little, Donte Stallworth, Ray Lewis and numerous other nefarious characters.

Don't bother judging anyone you sanctimonious pr!ck. The world would be better off without you and your ilk, and the bottom line of it is that people like YOU who continue to pass judgment even after penance has been served, or really who think you have any right to be judgmental in the first place, are a greater detriment to society than Vick by several orders of magnitude. I am not a Christian, but I'll be damned if that Jesus dude didn't have some pretty profound insights, among the greatest of which is "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

You can be a lover of animals all day long. I personally am a lover of humanity, even with our many flaws, because though we are capable of unspeakable evil (dog-fighting not being even close to fitting that description), we are capable of redemption and forgiveness as well. And those qualities are a small measure of what separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom to begin with. So you can take your opinion and shove it up your a$$.

I actively condoned some bacon and eggs this am. A pepper was also harmed.

Dogs are subservient to humans, but are otherwise predatory to all other species. Particularly the tasty ones. If your role was reversed, your dog wouldn't keep you as a pet. He would eat you.

Pets have their place, and being cruel to them is anti-social behavior, but it's also perverse and anti-social to value human life less than animal life.

You will NEVER get a straight football answer about michael vick on TBD sorry it's just not gonna happen. It's way too many cry babies, racial people and just plain old people who don't want to see a person make peace with society. You can tell who those people are because they pop up with the same sayings every time "Vick is a sick person" or "Vick is a scumbag he is not sorry for what he has done" blah blah blah how are you gonna say he's not sorry? Those people are just mad he is actually sorry and that he is trying to get his life back in order and succeeding. Football wise yes he'd make us a playoff team but with a great o-line in front of him dare I say maybe a superbowl? who knows? But you'll never get a football answer about mike. I do know one thing tho Micheal compared to trentative, fitzinmyballs or broom is not even a fair case all 3 of our qbs wouldn't be allowed to give Micheal a haircut let alone start in front of him in the NFL...

"Please do not reply to me because I will not reply back, too many sensitive cry-babies on here they may get me deleted again sorry"

Have a great night!

Don't bother judging anyone you sanctimonious pr!ck. The world would be better off without you and your ilk, and the bottom line of it is that people like YOU who continue to pass judgment even after penance has been served, or really who think you have any right to be judgmental in the first place, are a greater detriment to society than Vick by several orders of magnitude. I am not a Christian, but I'll be damned if that Jesus dude didn't have some pretty profound insights, among the greatest of which is "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

You can be a lover of animals all day long. I personally am a lover of humanity, even with our many flaws, because though we are capable of unspeakable evil (dog-fighting not being even close to fitting that description), we are capable of redemption and forgiveness as well. And those qualities are a small measure of what separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom to begin with. So you can take your opinion and shove it up your a$$.

Oh so now the world would be better off without MY ilk and instead populated by more of Mike Vick's ilk. Yeah, you get down with your bad self, bro. See how he spins it? I hate humanity because I love animals. Apparently, in this poor slob's universe, I can only make one choice, like so many TBD Polls. So dogfighting isn't even close to evil, in your opinion. You're only a small step away from Hitler Youth, and I feel sorry for your offspring.

M. Vick is a psychopath, as in Anti-Social Personality Disorder. He has paid for his crime, he deserves to have the opportunity to play NFL football again. Problem with psychopaths is that they can't help themselves. He will get into trouble again, though the better he plays the more likely he will be able to cover-up his behavior, but there is no cure. He will likely end up in jail again at some point in life.

I want the Bills to win as much as the next guy, but I don't think it's necessary to have Vick as their QB. There will be other QB's available next season (and even Peyton Manning couldn't take this years team anywhere).

I think the pro-Vick folks on the board should at least know this: If it weren't for Vick's brutal off-the-field crap and his completely unapologetic nature towards it afterwards, I'd probably still be arguing for him to come here and help this team win. Because I was one of his biggest fans. I don't care if you believe that or not, it's true.