I laugh at all of you who think a QB change will fix anything

I'm going to try to get on board with this, and to my fellow Bills fans who are just looking for something positive in the move, sorry for all the negative comments,

Awe, that's ok, not everone can have glasses like mine. Seriously though, i see and read all of the negative stuff,

winning will make it all better.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it is all about giving the team a chance to win. With Edwards, there is no chance at all. With Fitz, there is very little chance. Very little chance is better than no chance.

:lol:

I applaud your optimism.

Bottom line. The problem is the offensive line. Blame good ol' dick for this one last season who blew it up. Right now I'd love to have Peters, Dockery and Walker back on this team. Atleast there was some semblance of protection. And 2 tackles who where decent. Right now we have a joke of a line. You can put Brady behind our current O-line, and we would stink just as bad.

this might be the most off base comment I've read in here the last three years. A good QB can take a bad line and make them look okay, who does Edwards make look okay ? Nobody I can think of he takes one of the most prolific players at wide receiver in the history of the NFL and hmmm can't seem to find him

Guest dog14787

this might be the most off base comment I've read in here the last three years. A good QB can take a bad line and make them look okay, who does Edwards make look okay ? Nobody I can think of he takes one of the most prolific players at wide receiver in the history of the NFL and hmmm can't seem to find him

This is one of the most of base comments and I read it all the time,especially considering 90% of the QB int the NFL are pocket QB's

Bad O-line makes a good QB look bad and gets a good QB injured, that's all it does and anyone that thinks differently needs to find a 300 pound fella that's in good shape and let him slam you to the ground as hard as he possibly can,

then get back to me on it...

Mathews(of all people) goes unblocked into the backfield and gets to TE in 1.5 seconds and its TE's fault, Gotcha

dog your simply not going to convince anyone around here that Edwards doesn't suck, most everyone that posts here is convinced that he is the major problem with the team.

They don't get the fact that Gailey was supposed to coach up the QB's, coach up the O line, create new schemes and call great plays. The RB he drafted at #9 pick that was supposed to make the O line better, remember that line?

The sad fact is he didn't choose to upgrade the O line LT-RT, he didn't choose to upgrade the WR position after releasing Reed and TO, he didn't choose to upgrade the tight end position, so the QB pays the price.

This is the Fitzpatrick that was 5-4 in games he played the majority of last year, it is the same Edwards that was 1-5 last year and 0-2 this year. I will take the 5-4

I don't see what wins and losses over the last few years means when it comes down to this decision. It isn't like Fitz is going to make a huge difference. It will be nice to see the ball getting thrown around more (and further) and if we all of the sudden win every game on the sched I will happily admit I was wrong. I just don't think I will have to. Stay tuned for threads about what QB to draft next year...again...

So what relevance does Fitzpatrick going 5-4 last year have to this year exactly? We had more talent last year and I don't exactly remember him lighting it up. What were the scores of those games and who were we playing?

You can't win an argument with people who are desperate. Bills fans (myself included) are desperate for something to have hope about: something to cheer about. The last decade (plus the present season) is one long nightmare. I have been very critical recently, because there is nothing to be positive about. Now I read these posts and see that guys are grabbing at any straw that might be an improvement in the staff and players' performance. Or they have become bitter and want to flush the whole organization down the toilet. It's not two groups with a huge difference of opinion. It's people who are dealing with their frustration in two different ways, but we all want the same thing.

The Detroit season was an annomally. Even the worst teams win a few games. The Bills will win a few games and some will say they are improving. Others will say they just got lucky and still are the dormat of the league. All of us are brothers in pain. :wallbash:

Guest dog14787

dog your simply not going to convince anyone around here that Edwards doesn't suck, most everyone that posts here is convinced that he is the major problem with the team.

They don't get the fact that Gailey was supposed to coach up the QB's, coach up the O line, create new schemes and call great plays. The RB he drafted at #9 pick that was supposed to make the O line better, remember that line?

The sad fact is he didn't choose to upgrade the O line LT-RT, he didn't choose to upgrade the WR position after releasing Reed and TO, he didn't choose to upgrade the tight end position, so the QB pays the price.

Sums it all up

I would say it somewhat differently. In my mind, this move ignores the true problem with the team - the same problem that has been our problem for the past several years. Instead of addressing the problem of the offensive line head on, the Bills decided to make one guy the scapegoat.

We will continue to be a piss poor team until the offensive line is fixed - no matter who the QB is.

It all starts,

or stops,

with the offensive line.

8 wins? I love the hopeful optimism, but this team is looking like it will threaten the Lions 0 - 16 season. Any string of injuries to important starters on either line means winning games will be even harder than it is now, meaning 0 - 16 would be in play.

This team has been 7-9 for 3 years, then last year went in 6-10 after firing O-coordinator and losing 20 some starters to IR. Why does anyone think this team is going 4-12 or worse. We have running backs that can play, our O-line was supposedly sucked for going on 11 years now. Are we going to the playoffs, NO.

Benching Edwards was the right thing to do, it was proven last year when Fitz went 5-6 in games he started or played the most. The issue is why Trent was starting in the first place, I am just going to say Gailey made a mistake thinking Edwards had some upside everyone else got wrong. Even the late Bill Walsh endorsed Trent at one time. Levy drafted him. Lot of people made mistakes with this kid. Losman went through the same thing till jauron finally pulled the plug. The Trent Era is finally over.

This team needs to start drafting right again in the top rounds or we will never get better than average. This team start with 3 tough teams to play, I expected us to be 0-3 after the 1st three but showing a better return in our offense. Maybe this week we will start seeing an upside. This team is still better than the Raiders, Rams, Browns, Chiefs, Lions, etc... We will be somewhere between 6-10 and 7-9 at the end of the year. I have history on my side and a roster that is pretty much the same and healther. One last thing for 10 years our draft sucks, two things that have remained here through that time is Wilson and Modrak, one we can get rid of and should very quickily, see ya Modrak.

The last QB sack they took on sunday was all anyone needs to know about the state of the offense. There isn't a QB in the NFL today that will have success playing behind the Mexican border patrolmen we call our offensive line. It actually looks worse than last year, and i didn't think that was humanly possible.

Your post is so 100% accurate it isn't funny, but some people on this board are either blind or to completely ignorant that they can't see that.

Fitzpatricks 2009 stats. 1400 yards, 9 tds, 10 ints, qb rating of 69. Wow that's the stuff of LEGENDS.

110 183 60.1 1169 6.4 6 46 7 1 73.8

Ya cause thats so much better.....I havent seen one thread saying Fitzy is our savior til yours...he isnt a good QB either but right now hes our best shot. Deal with it or dont watch

I don't see what wins and losses over the last few years means when it comes down to this decision. It isn't like Fitz is going to make a huge difference.

Thanks Wade. And when Flutie led the team to two straight 11-5 seasons (I think), Flutie being QB didn't really mean much. Besides RJ was taller and had all of the "tools". Pulling Flutie won't mean we win less. See where that got us?

The best QB is not always the guy that's taller, has a stronger arm, is more accurate, has a quick release, is smart, and has "upside". It's usually the guy who is football smart, makes good decisions with the ball, good audibles, and is a hard nosed competitor and hates to lose.

I suspect the team will play better Sunday and going forward. Maybe only a little bit, maybe a lot.

(1) Did you actually bother to read any thread? Nobody is claiming Fitz is a savior. We are going to lose with Fitz or Edwards being the QB. At least Fitz tries to win a game. If the team is going down, let it go down swinging. I am so sick of "Bend over, I'm here just to collect a paycheck" Edwards, and why people still think he should start and/or be given more opportunities is beyond me.

(2) That's an upgrade over Trent Backwards.

1) Why is switching a QB a bad thing? We get it. Your chosen one has failed yet again, and is being replaced by a bench warmer who outplayed Edwards last year.Yes, Fitz has no potential to be a franchise QB. He is a backup. But neither does Edwards. Checkwards has ZERO potential. There is NO UPSIDE.

And what you fail to see is the true motive. Chan has to undo 4 years of brainwashing where losing was not only tolerable, to some extent, it was expected. Fitz is not the long term answer, but he is the short term solution to help this team find an identity where losing is not expected, and in fact will not be tolerated. Yes, he sucks, but at least he's got some fight in him.

Exactly. Fitz isn't a savior by any means, but at least he'll try and get our receivers the ball and it should help their development. I couldn't see our wideouts developing much at all with Trent in.

This is one of the most of base comments and I read it all the time,especially considering 90% of the QB int the NFL are pocket QB's

Bad O-line makes a good QB look bad and gets a good QB injured, that's all it does and anyone that thinks differently needs to find a 300 pound fella that's in good shape and let him slam you to the ground as hard as he possibly can,

then get back to me on it...

Exactly. CardinalScotts who you are replying to is clueless or is intelligent and has never seen a football game.