Well what happened to all those optimists that told me off?

tonyjustbcuz

Back in April, and even beforehand, I wrote about the Bills organization from top down and emphasized just how misguided this franchise is. I gave many examples of how we were headed in the wrong direction and explained everything in great detail. I mentioned about winning organizations have people on top that are totally competent in creating an environment of success within an organization. Bill Polian being the GM (and president?) of Indianapolis is a wonderful example of a General Manager who already understands the recipe of a successfuly run

NFL franchise.

Essentially all Bill Polian self-addmitedly replicated in building the Colts of today, are the Buffalo Bills of the early '90s. Marvin Harrison was Andre Reed, Peyton Manning is Jim Kelly etc...Not an easy task, but Bill Polian has the know how, and staff that he hired to identify

talent, and the resources to retain talent.

Unfortuantely, Our beloved Bills of today are clueless on how to retain talent. The Bills occasinally hit on the right player in the NFL Draft, (less times than needed) and when we do, we develop the player and sign him for a 3 or 4 year contract. The unfortunate part is the Bills fail (Mostly Ralph Wilson) to realize the players value, which is not much different than a crop that a farmer would produce. Once a player is developed and ready to pay dividends in the productive sense, another team plucks him right away from us, because we don't want to pay the market rate for said player. There are many examples of this, and not all of the players were drafted by the Bills. Just a few of the many players that come to mind: Nate Clements, Jabari Greer, Pat Williams, Leonhard, A. Winfield, etc......

If I held the reigns of the organization, the first thing I would do is release Tom Modrak. There is no reason for him to remain in any capacity with the Bills "Braintrust"...lol He must be part of the blame for over a decade of uninspiring performances. He has had his hand in the NFL Draft each year, and has been part of the problem, not the solution. I suppose that there is a good ole boy network in the management level of the team. This is definitely a problem, and when Doug Whaley came here from Pittsburgh I was excited, but now I have come to terms with the appearance that Tom Modrak and Doug Whaley must have a connection and that means more of the same regarding Tom Modrak.

I hate the fact that Chan Gailey was hired and fail to billeave that this project (Ralph saving $$) is the ultimate solution to the Bills problems that have spanned a decade. It is apparent that Gailey is a loyalist to his old College buddies (assistant coaches) from Georgia Tech and slotted them typically in positions that were superior to which they have held prior. If Modkins was really Offensive Coordinator qualified, Chan Gailey wouldn't demand that he runs the offense for the time being. If that is how Chan Gailey prepares an offense what is the worse scenario, an inexperienced Modkins or an experienced Gailey who is underpreparing the team for gameday with a pointless game plan?

I have mentioned before about how we passed on Bryan Orakapo DE for Aaron (Maybe) Maybin, and we could've drafted the guy that sacked our QB 3 times against GreenBay but passed. We could've at least had some hope at QB if we would've drafted Jimmy Claussen who is going to get his first start for Carolina next weekend, but instead we picked...oh crap..can't remember his name because he's been a non-factor! I almost choked on my nachos when the Bills selected a RB in the 1st round ! I have been explained this by the coaching staff, and the media...and it still doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Maybe the first step for the Bills is to have someone hang up another billboard and list who should be released in management and on the roster! Tell me why the bleep is Trent Edwards still taking up space on the roster if the Bills weren't actually considering using him once again in the future if Ryan Leaf...woops I mean Ryan Fitzpatrick is the "new" starter again this year. I suppose by week #5 Brian Brohm will be the "new" starter and then they will recycle garbage once again and put out a "brand new" Trent Edwards. Just do me a favor and release him! Pick up anyone available to fill his size 1 shoes!!!

Well, I'm not going to rehash all the things I've talked about in the past..this was a sample, but I'd like to know where all the people are now that thought I was one of those DebbieDowners back in the offseason when I could see the writing on the wall ! I was being kind when I predicted the Bills to have a 5 win season. That was mighty optimistic in my view as the only two games I think the Bills have a chance of winning is against Jacksonville and Cleveland, and I would give a slight advantage to both those teams at the moment. Jacksonville is better than the Bills right now, and Cleveland has had our number for the past few years in very boring losses to them.

My new prediction is 3-13 on the optimistic side, and I hope I am wrong! So all the optimists out there...I am more than willing to hear all the reasons why this team is headed in the right direction under the current management, ownership, and coaches that represent the Buffalo Bills organization! I'm waiting...... I would love to feel good about something...I just don't know what regarding the Bills? The only thing that gets me through a game now is wondering if we can get the 1st pick in the NFL Draft, but even then instead of taking the next Bryant Mckenny (Minnesota) we'll end up taking the next Mike Williams !!! I would bet the Bills based on prior drafts, and based on their love for CB's will spend their first pick on either a CB or WR which I would expect from them. Personally I can't fathom anything but a OLT or QB !! That mistake this year makes for a year longer to have hope towards rebuilding something and possibly developing a franchise QB !! The last draft should've cost someone their job!

Da Bills :bag:

Back in April, and even beforehand, I wrote about the Bills organization from top down and emphasized just how misguided this franchise is. I gave many examples of how we were headed in the wrong direction and explained everything in great detail. I mentioned about winning organizations have people on top that are totally competent in creating an environment of success within an organization. Bill Polian being the GM (and president?) of Indianapolis is a wonderful example of a General Manager who already understands the recipe of a successfuly run

NFL franchise.

Essentially all Bill Polian self-addmitedly replicated in building the Colts of today, are the Buffalo Bills of the early '90s. Marvin Harrison was Andre Reed, Peyton Manning is Jim Kelly etc...Not an easy task, but Bill Polian has the know how, and staff that he hired to identify

talent, and the resources to retain talent.

Unfortuantely, Our beloved Bills of today are clueless on how to retain talent. The Bills occasinally hit on the right player in the NFL Draft, (less times than needed) and when we do, we develop the player and sign him for a 3 or 4 year contract. The unfortunate part is the Bills fail (Mostly Ralph Wilson) to realize the players value, which is not much different than a crop that a farmer would produce. Once a player is developed and ready to pay dividends in the productive sense, another team plucks him right away from us, because we don't want to pay the market rate for said player. There are many examples of this, and not all of the players were drafted by the Bills. Just a few of the many players that come to mind: Nate Clements, Jabari Greer, Pat Williams, Leonhard, A. Winfield, etc......

If I held the reigns of the organization, the first thing I would do is release Tom Modrak. There is no reason for him to remain in any capacity with the Bills "Braintrust"...lol He must be part of the blame for over a decade of uninspiring performances. He has had his hand in the NFL Draft each year, and has been part of the problem, not the solution. I suppose that there is a good ole boy network in the management level of the team. This is definitely a problem, and when Doug Whaley came here from Pittsburgh I was excited, but now I have come to terms with the appearance that Tom Modrak and Doug Whaley must have a connection and that means more of the same regarding Tom Modrak.

I hate the fact that Chan Gailey was hired and fail to billeave that this project (Ralph saving $$) is the ultimate solution to the Bills problems that have spanned a decade. It is apparent that Gailey is a loyalist to his old College buddies (assistant coaches) from Georgia Tech and slotted them typically in positions that were superior to which they have held prior. If Modkins was really Offensive Coordinator qualified, Chan Gailey wouldn't demand that he runs the offense for the time being. If that is how Chan Gailey prepares an offense what is the worse scenario, an inexperienced Modkins or an experienced Gailey who is underpreparing the team for gameday with a pointless game plan?

I have mentioned before about how we passed on Bryan Orakapo DE for Aaron (Maybe) Maybin, and we could've drafted the guy that sacked our QB 3 times against GreenBay but passed. We could've at least had some hope at QB if we would've drafted Jimmy Claussen who is going to get his first start for Carolina next weekend, but instead we picked...oh crap..can't remember his name because he's been a non-factor! I almost choked on my nachos when the Bills selected a RB in the 1st round ! I have been explained this by the coaching staff, and the media...and it still doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Maybe the first step for the Bills is to have someone hang up another billboard and list who should be released in management and on the roster! Tell me why the bleep is Trent Edwards still taking up space on the roster if the Bills weren't actually considering using him once again in the future if Ryan Leaf...woops I mean Ryan Fitzpatrick is the "new" starter again this year. I suppose by week #5 Brian Brohm will be the "new" starter and then they will recycle garbage once again and put out a "brand new" Trent Edwards. Just do me a favor and release him! Pick up anyone available to fill his size 1 shoes!!!

Well, I'm not going to rehash all the things I've talked about in the past..this was a sample, but I'd like to know where all the people are now that thought I was one of those DebbieDowners back in the offseason when I could see the writing on the wall ! I was being kind when I predicted the Bills to have a 5 win season. That was mighty optimistic in my view as the only two games I think the Bills have a chance of winning is against Jacksonville and Cleveland, and I would give a slight advantage to both those teams at the moment. Jacksonville is better than the Bills right now, and Cleveland has had our number for the past few years in very boring losses to them.

My new prediction is 3-13 on the optimistic side, and I hope I am wrong! So all the optimists out there...I am more than willing to hear all the reasons why this team is headed in the right direction under the current management, ownership, and coaches that represent the Buffalo Bills organization! I'm waiting...... I would love to feel good about something...I just don't know what regarding the Bills? The only thing that gets me through a game now is wondering if we can get the 1st pick in the NFL Draft, but even then instead of taking the next Bryant Mckenny (Minnesota) we'll end up taking the next Mike Williams !!! I would bet the Bills based on prior drafts, and based on their love for CB's will spend their first pick on either a CB or WR which I would expect from them. Personally I can't fathom anything but a OLT or QB !! That mistake this year makes for a year longer to have hope towards rebuilding something and possibly developing a franchise QB !! The last draft should've cost someone their job!

Da Bills :bag:

Oh thank you thank you, I was so afraid that no one here thought any kind of doom and gloom for a second. My faith has been restored. Be sure you remind us after every loss how you told us so, we live for this.

He does make good points...anyone wanna try and argue against it?

I'll be glad too. Tony, you say the last draft should have cost someone their job. Why?

Yes, the easy thing to have done would have been to draft a QB or OT, and that would have satisfied many fans and critics. I remember Rich Eisen, with all his vast NFL experience, was complaining about the Bills not taking a QB.

Let me break it to you gently, this last QB class SUCKED!!!!! I do'nt give a damn about Clausen getting a start with the Panthers next week. You'll notice that Clausen was not the only QB drafted by the Panthers as well. Clausen is irrelevent to the Bills.

Now I agree that taking an OT would have been a good move, unfortunately all the OT's worth taking were gone by the time the Bills picked. Still I wish they had taken one before Round 5. Nevertheless you look at what the Bills did and they addressed needs in many areas. Mainly on the defensive side, because the Bills were switching to a 3-4. They needed more personnel to fit those needs. You can not tell me that addressing the defensive side of the ball was not in the Bills interests. That is what Nix & Gailey did.

Cry all you want about not getting a QB or OT early, but the Bills picks in this past draft are justified.

if there were no OT's or QB's available they could have easily traded down and gotten a tackle (Bulaga) and another pick. They also could have traded out of their 2nd round pick, and still picked up Troup. In the end, we could have had Bulaga, another pick, Claussen, and Troup. If the Bills want to "build through the draft", then they have to accumulate picks and draft people where they should be drafted and not higher. Remember, they also mentioned that they had Levi Brown as the top rated QB in the ENTIRE draft. Either they think all QB's stunk or (surprise, surprise) they misjudged the talent

I'll be glad too. Tony, you say the last draft should have cost someone their job. Why?

Yes, the easy thing to have done would have been to draft a QB or OT, and that would have satisfied many fans and critics. I remember Rich Eisen, with all his vast NFL experience, was complaining about the Bills not taking a QB.

Let me break it to you gently, this last QB class SUCKED!!!!! I do'nt give a damn about Clausen getting a start with the Panthers next week. You'll notice that Clausen was not the only QB drafted by the Panthers as well. Clausen is irrelevent to the Bills.

Now I agree that taking an OT would have been a good move, unfortunately all the OT's worth taking were gone by the time the Bills picked. Still I wish they had taken one before Round 5. Nevertheless you look at what the Bills did and they addressed needs in many areas. Mainly on the defensive side, because the Bills were switching to a 3-4. They needed more personnel to fit those needs. You can not tell me that addressing the defensive side of the ball was not in the Bills interests. That is what Nix & Gailey did.

Cry all you want about not getting a QB or OT early, but the Bills picks in this past draft are justified.

I'm not sure what an optimist would tell you. I think a realist would tell you the regular season is 16 games long, and only a moron would post "I told you so" after the second week.

Yes I particularly liked how, after 7 paragraphs of ranting and 'blowing his own horn', he begins his penultimate paragraph with...

"Well, I'm not going to rehash all the things I've talked about in the past.." :wacko:

Yes I particularly liked how, after 7 paragraphs of ranting and 'blowing his own horn', he begins his penultimate paragraph with...

"Well, I'm not going to rehash all the things I've talked about in the past.." :wacko:

I have to admit, I didn't get that far.