Bills' Fans: Please remove the following sentences from your vocab

Buffaloed82

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap we won't be able to talk about anything!

LMFAO!

Ageist is someone who discriminates against people purely on the basis of age.

I'm more okay with having an owner who is 91 than having a new poster tell me what not to say.

:thumbsup: I'm with you there Asrtro!

Jesus Beavis, calm the Hell down! You're 11 posts in and there's no need to brawl with everyone. Your premise is that we can never succeed because our owner is 91 is really not valid. He was 80 when we were in Super Bowls and he's still pretty much the same guy...just more creaky. So I don't buy it. We suck because we have had poor leadership the past ten years. The old many brought in his guy, Marv and Marv wasn't up to it . Ralph finally hired a football guy who now has to make up ten years of poor drafts. So let's see.

Nice post GL. Granted, Wilson has made his share of bad pics in the past, but I do feel he has it right this time though it isn't showing yet. I am confidant it will in a short while.

To the OP, patience grasshopper.

He was not 80 for the super bowls-- DO YOUR MATH! He was 80 for the Music City Miracle, and he didn't care then either.

We're talking about degrees of senility now? Dude, breathe in, now out. Repeat. I'm relatively new here too, but ya, I get it. Owner no care, etc.

So, since it's all about Ralph's age...whom can we blame for the debacle of the 70s, or 80s? I'm using new math here...but I don't think he was 91...back then. In fact, I think you are on point with the source of the problem, Ralph Wilson, but not the reason, age. He has been horrible running this team since day 1...the only time the team was good was when Bill Polian was GM...and Ralph fired Bill Polian too.

He was not 80 for the super bowls-- DO YOUR MATH! He was 80 for the Music City Miracle, and he didn't care then either.

Tell it how it is!!! No one around here likes the truth!!! Ralph sucks as an owner and meddles when he shouldnt. I used to think Al Davis was the worst but no way...Ralph has him beat by far. We are the laughing stock of the NFL and rightfully so. To me its all pretty comical. There are some on here that know everything and you will figure that out soon. Keep posting and enjoy!!!! One last thing...just wait for the grammar lessons too.

Take these phrases out of your vocabulary:

"they need to bench (current QB) for (2nd/3rd string QB)"

"we need to trade for (high profile player bills will never trade for)

"our O-line blows"

"we need to just play lynch or spiller or jackson for the whole game"

"we need to run more"

"we need to pass more"

"we never blitz"

"we never throw down field"

"where is the play action?"

"we only throw check down passes"

"why didn't we draft (player who is doing better with another team, simply because they have a better organization)"

"starting ANY sentence with: "if we just had, if we could just or if they had just one more..."

These are all excuses for the main, glaring, obvious problem with the Buffalo Bills. They have a 91 year old owner. Let me say that slower and more deliberately...they have....a 91! year old owner. Picture all of the ,if any, 91 year olds you know? They don't know what day it is, they cant even drive anymore. Yet, we have a man RUNNING A FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE NFL. He doesn't care anymore about the organization. In fact, I can bet he's napping right now. Do not expect a competitive organization until that man sells the team. When you're a player, Buffalo is where you go to collect a check for a few years with little expectations of winning.

So you can sit on these boards and debate what's wrong with the team blah blah blah blah drafting/coaching/QB etc etc etc, but it's all just WHITE NOISE and ignorance, if you don't look at A. the culture of the team and B. who's running the show. No one is at the wheel!!!

PS. I hope this QB change has you watching/attending games for a few more weeks! It's definitely going to change the organization for years to come.

We will if you remove this one from yours:

.they have....a 91! year old owner

Take these phrases out of your vocabulary:

"they need to bench (current QB) for (2nd/3rd string QB)"

"we need to trade for (high profile player bills will never trade for)

"our O-line blows"

"we need to just play lynch or spiller or jackson for the whole game"

"we need to run more"

"we need to pass more"

"we never blitz"

"we never throw down field"

"where is the play action?"

"we only throw check down passes"

"why didn't we draft (player who is doing better with another team, simply because they have a better organization)"

"starting ANY sentence with: "if we just had, if we could just or if they had just one more..."

These are all excuses for the main, glaring, obvious problem with the Buffalo Bills. They have a 91 year old owner. Let me say that slower and more deliberately...they have....a 91! year old owner. Picture all of the ,if any, 91 year olds you know? They don't know what day it is, they cant even drive anymore. Yet, we have a man RUNNING A FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE NFL. He doesn't care anymore about the organization. In fact, I can bet he's napping right now. Do not expect a competitive organization until that man sells the team. When you're a player, Buffalo is where you go to collect a check for a few years with little expectations of winning.

So you can sit on these boards and debate what's wrong with the team blah blah blah blah drafting/coaching/QB etc etc etc, but it's all just WHITE NOISE and ignorance, if you don't look at A. the culture of the team and B. who's running the show. No one is at the wheel!!!

PS. I hope this QB change has you watching/attending games for a few more weeks! It's definitely going to change the organization for years to come.

Ralph does not prtect the passer or put pressure on the passer...... That is why we are bad..... :angry:

So, since it's all about Ralph's age...whom can we blame for the debacle of the 70s, or 80s? I'm using new math here...but I don't think he was 91...back then. In fact, I think you are on point with the source of the problem, Ralph Wilson, but not the reason, age. He has been horrible running this team since day 1...the only time the team was good was when Bill Polian was GM...and Ralph fired Bill Polian too.

anyone with a shred of analytical thought knows the bills fortunes or lack thereof emanate from wilson. the converse, that wilson's fortunes emanate from the bills is also true but they are not dependent on winning....and there's the rub. i know quite a few competent 91 yo's (about 50% of 90+ yo's are free of dementia) but not many with the kind of ambition it takes to produce a SB quality team. so yeah, age plays a factor and wilson's mind has surely deteriorated as has his stamina. but winning was never his highest priority. the problem with posting such sentiments here, OP, is that, as you pointed out, the situation becomes hopeless when you accept this. don't be surprised by the blowback.

Edited by birdog1960

anyone with a shred of analytical thought knows the bills fortunes or lack thereof eminate from wilson. the converse, that wilson's fortunes eminate from the bills is also true but they are not dependent on winning....and there's the rub. i know quite a few competent 91 yo's (about 50% of 90+ yo's are free of dementia) but not many with the kind of ambition it takes to produce a SB quality team. so yeah, age plays a factor and wilson's mind has surely deteriorated as has his stamina. but winning was never his highest priority. the problem with posting such sentiments here, OP, is that, as you pointed out, the situation becomes hopeless when you accept this. don't be surprised by the blowback.

I'm not surprised. It's not the first time they've heard it. But it's hope crushing. Hope: brought to you by the Bill's PR and Season Ticket Sales teams. They should all get bonuses for selling-out games after 11(12) years of no playoffs. Kudos.

Also, remember Seymour Knox III. That man would make visits to the building of the "crossroads" in his pajamas, even as he was dying --my father was a foreman on the job. He realized a dream before he died. What's Wilson's final gasp? The signing of T.O.? The stadium is named after him?

"Do your math", now thats funny.

You sound like you just got out of school today, ran home and no one was there to watch you. You then decided to write your "Old people are useless" post on Mommy's computer. Must have been the topic of discussion today at lunch when you traded your half of your PB&J for some Frito's.

Is anyone else tired of that little "commercial" of sorts the Bills play before most of their media clips- the one where Chan says "This a tough game for tough people...." nothing against Chan and in fact I was encouraged when he said that the first time in the presser but am totally sick of it now!

I'm not surprised. It's not the first time they've heard it. But it's hope crushing. Hope: brought to you by the Bill's PR and Season Ticket Sales teams. They should all get bonuses for selling-out games after 11(12) years of no playoffs. Kudos.

Also, remember Seymour Knox III. That man would make visits to the building of the "crossroads" in his pajamas, even as he was dying --my father was a foreman on the job. He realized a dream before he died. What's Wilson's final gasp? The signing of T.O.? The stadium is named after him?

they were clearly not cut from the same (pajama) cloth! :rolleyes:

Edited by birdog1960

"Do your math", now thats funny.

You sound like you just got out of school today, ran home and no one was there to watch you. You then decided to write your "Old people are useless" post on Mommy's computer. Must have been the topic of discussion today at lunch when you traded your half of your PB&J for some Frito's.

I'm 33 and 100% positive that if I was standing in front of you, you wouldn't be speaking like that. But, you're a tough talker behind a computer screen. And i bet you're either A. unemployed or B. working in one of the 1000s of amazing careers Buffalo has to offer. So I'm pretty sure it's time to go handle the dinner rush at whatever chain restaurant you work at in the Galleria. I know, I know people from Buffalo think PF Chang's is classy, I get it.