Chan Gailey's

Estro

I agree with the premise of your post. A coach needs talented players in key positions to win. Posters have responded to this by telling me how important the coaching position is. Their position is valid as well because coaching does make a difference. In the end, a successful team needs talented players and good coaching. After two games, the Bills seem to possess niether.

Unfortunately I agree with you here. But what pains me the most after the past offseason and these first two games is that this is supposed to be year 1 of the rebuilding process. And yet Mr. Nix seems to have done nothing that would constitute a rebuilding move in my eyes at all. You might rationalize the Spiller pick that way and say he is looking 3 years out. Maybe ... I certainly hope so .. but I'm not sold on that at all. In my opinion this team needs to start rebuilding from the trenches. Until I see at least some of that happening I'm going to assume the Bills are not rebuilding, they are just in a holding pattern.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't fault Gailey for your QB running out of bounds on a 4th and 11. The barometer on Gailey is whether he benches Edwards this week. Other quarterbacks around the league got benched in Week 2 for being less crappy than Edwards has been.

I am done with Edwards. That 4th and 11 play was the last straw.

I do fault Gailey for the bizarre game plans so far. They look nothing like what we saw in Preseason, and in no way adequately uses the weapons we do have.

Edited by dpberr

Gailey and Nix had tons of opportunities to fix this team in the offseason. They had lots of film and a whole preseason to recognize the problems at offense (which weren't problems at running back.) They had free agent and trade opportunities (Owens, Incognito and Vick could have been had if the price were right.) They could have gotten the guy who was playing left tackle pretty well for Green Bay yesterday as a first round pick instead of Spiller (Bulaga) They could have gotten Flozell Adams for right tackle, or addressed the issue in the draft. They didn't.

Chan and Buddy...you better get hustling if you're going to get the nine wins which should allow you to keep your jobs.

They really did drop the ball when it comes to O-line. Many of us gave them the benefit of the doubt figuring as pros they must have a better idea what they can get out of players and perhaps DJ and co. didn't know how to use what they had. It's looking more and more like they just blatantly neglected to address the biggest need on the field. Even Jonathan Scott would be an improvement.

The nine wins to keep your jobs bit is just idiotic. If they show solid progress over the course of the year and go out strong you bring them back for another year, regardless of the record. One year Marty Schottenheimer took over the Redskins and went from 3-8 to finish 8-8. Would you have fired him too?

Guest dog14787

You got that right. I assume you were one of them.

I was one of them fans trying desperately to Billieve and going into the third I actually thought we were taking over the game.

Footballs a game of momentum and we had it until Johnson short armed Trent's pass and it goes from driving down the field to score the go ahead to 13 points down and getting late in the game.

The current Bills have the worse hands department in the NFL, worse in Bills history.

TE's na, who needs them

Tackles, na, who needs them,

WR's, Lees got that covered even though he's always covered, :thumbdown:

The Buffalo Bills have been badly managed in the past and looks like the fans are in for another rough season.

I'm not giving up hope on the season yet, but my optimism has been stepped on(OK stomped)and even my confidence in TE is starting to waver.

I understand how important the supporting cast needs to be for a QB to achieve the desired results, but the game may never slow down enough for Trent Edwards to be a successful QB in the NFL.

I couldn't take any more after the start of the 2nd half and switched it off. Holy crap -- Edwards intentionally ran out of bounds on 4th-and-11?!?!?!!!!! That is grounds for benching all by itself. Just fling it up for grabs if that's what you have to do? It's no worse than giving the opponent the ball right where he steps out.

Edited by ChasBB

Not too long ago, there were all kind of fans here telling us how this team was going to surprise everyone, Gailey would be so innovative and creative on offense, our young guys would perform well, Gailey would have success with TE, Troup would be a monster in the middle, our three headed monster RB crew and the electricfying CJ Spiller, our solid secondary would create many ints, etc...

Now, fans here are singing another tune. It's not Gailey's fault as you put it. A few weeks ago he was supposed to be the savior? True he has crap to work with and when realistic fans like myself stated this we received a ration of shite. I recall saying on several occassions we needed a QB, OL, WR, LB, run stopper, and a pass rusher. It was cystal clear and many of us were able to objectively look at the facts. Any media member who stated the obvious were bashed by the posters here. Now, all thos posters are in hiding. This board has never been so quiet. I give credit to those who have admitted their irrational point of view was incorrect. I get no enjoyment out of being correct in my assessment of the Bills. I am so upset that I allowed myself to believe some of your delusional points of view. It has only made my pain worse. That is my fault.

Gailey has looked anything but impressive and I refuse to give him a free pass. You can if you like. Thus far Gailey receives a big fat "f" grade. This organization is pathetic!

ahhh the week 2: I told you so :worthy: wow, mpl You are my hero did you really say all that stuff? Must feel good to know how right you were.

not a lot of choice there....all the big names completely ignored and nearly disrespected wilson...and he deserves it. long suffering bills fans don't (even the boderline psychotic optimists here who think this pair are better than the established names other teams were able to land).

I still just wonder why Ralph did not want to even interview Marty Shottenhiemer?

Ralph has some strange relationships with past players and coaches.

After watching Gailey's presser I think it's pretty evident he now fully understands how bad Trent Edwards is. He mentions several times that they are still assessing "who they are" and that they will make the necessary changes to improve. How could you not pull the chord on Edwards? Yes, he is not surrounded with a lot of talent, but he is so bad, that it is embarrassing.

I'm still willing to give Gailey and Nix a chance. I think they have a chance to right the ship with a full 3 year commitment, but they need to find a QB with some confidence and stones. Gailey's biggest mistake to this point was underestimating how pitiful of a QB Edwards is. He's the type of guy who looks serviceable May-August, but come September he turns into a highschool QB out there.

If Edwards stinks the joint up @ New England look for Gailey and Nix to pull the plug on him and go with Brohm/Fitzpatrick.

One other concern I have with the Gailey/Nix combo is their sudden change of opinion regarding CJ Spiller. Guy looked lights out all preseason, and then he has a poor game in the home opener. Now all of the sudden he's not the starter? It seems like a knee jerk reaction and indicates a team that is already in full panic mode. It doesn't make sense to take a guy so high, annoint him starter and then put him on the pine after one poor showing. It's only going to hurt Spiller's confidence in the long run.

It is pretty apparent that the most critical thing with the offense at this point is to get better protection for the QB, Freddy and Marshawn provide that better than CJ at this point. CJ will be fine and will excel once we have an offensive line in about 4 years.

Maybe he was, I know for sure that I was, as I am always optomistic when it comes to the Bills.

You predicting a score that is lopsisded in GB's favor, when everyone knew we would probably

get hammered, makes you a real nostrodumbass.

We should all consult with you before we get our collective hopes to high, as you are the self

appointed bring us back down to earth man.

or plan B: dump him in 'Ignore'.

Maybe he was, I know for sure that I was, as I am always optomistic when it comes to the Bills.

You predicting a score that is lopsisded in GB's favor, when everyone knew we would probably

get hammered, makes you a real nostrodumbass.

We should all consult with you before we get our collective hopes to high, as you are the self

appointed bring us back down to earth man.

That says it all. Maybe you should reconsider your thought process and actually start looking at the facts before you form your delusional thoughts.

Unfortunately I agree with you here. But what pains me the most after the past offseason and these first two games is that this is supposed to be year 1 of the rebuilding process. And yet Mr. Nix seems to have done nothing that would constitute a rebuilding move in my eyes at all. You might rationalize the Spiller pick that way and say he is looking 3 years out. Maybe ... I certainly hope so .. but I'm not sold on that at all. In my opinion this team needs to start rebuilding from the trenches. Until I see at least some of that happening I'm going to assume the Bills are not rebuilding, they are just in a holding pattern.

Great post code monkey. Very good insight and I have to concur with your assessment of the Bills.

ahhh the week 2: I told you so :worthy: wow, mpl You are my hero did you really say all that stuff? Must feel good to know how right you were.

No it is not an I told you so. You are wrong there. It is more of an "f" you to all of you guys who hammered me for my rational viewpoints. It does feel good too.

No it is not an I told you so. You are wrong there. It is more of an "f" you to all of you guys who hammered me for my rational viewpoints. It does feel good too.

This is a shining example of what a complete tool you are.

Congratulations, you're the very first person to ever be added to my ignore list. There have been some interesting characters on this forum over the last 12 years but none of them has annoyed me as much as you do.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

This is a shining example of how much a complete tool you are.

Congratulations, you're the very first person to ever be added to my ignore list. There have been some interesting characters on this forum over the last 12 years but none of them has annoyed me as much as you do.

Which is exactly why that dude was one of the only people to ever be added to my ignore list.

They really did drop the ball when it comes to O-line. Many of us gave them the benefit of the doubt figuring as pros they must have a better idea what they can get out of players and perhaps DJ and co. didn't know how to use what they had. It's looking more and more like they just blatantly neglected to address the biggest need on the field. Even Jonathan Scott would be an improvement.

The nine wins to keep your jobs bit is just idiotic. If they show solid progress over the course of the year and go out strong you bring them back for another year, regardless of the record. One year Marty Schottenheimer took over the Redskins and went from 3-8 to finish 8-8. Would you have fired him too?

nine wins is not idiotic. There should have been a standard set when they were hired. We had six wins, a defensive structure that needed a good tackle, a need to keep Incognito and get two tackles, and a quarterback problem for a team that had 6 wins despite a rash of injuries.

Nine wins going into the season was a good stretch goal. Have Nix and Gailey failed to even come close to addressing the needs to the point that thinking nine wins now after two horrible games is idiotic. Maybe..but that's why they should be fired...they are playing with the hand that they themselves dealt.

After watching Gailey's presser I think it's pretty evident he now fully understands how bad Trent Edwards is. He mentions several times that they are still assessing "who they are" and that they will make the necessary changes to improve. How could you not pull the chord on Edwards? Yes, he is not surrounded with a lot of talent, but he is so bad, that it is embarrassing.

I'm still willing to give Gailey and Nix a chance. I think they have a chance to right the ship with a full 3 year commitment, but they need to find a QB with some confidence and stones. Gailey's biggest mistake to this point was underestimating how pitiful of a QB Edwards is. He's the type of guy who looks serviceable May-August, but come September he turns into a highschool QB out there.

If Edwards stinks the joint up @ New England look for Gailey and Nix to pull the plug on him and go with Brohm/Fitzpatrick.

One other concern I have with the Gailey/Nix combo is their sudden change of opinion regarding CJ Spiller. Guy looked lights out all preseason, and then he has a poor game in the home opener. Now all of the sudden he's not the starter? It seems like a knee jerk reaction and indicates a team that is already in full panic mode. It doesn't make sense to take a guy so high, annoint him starter and then put him on the pine after one poor showing. It's only going to hurt Spiller's confidence in the long run.

i think they're trying to avoid getting him killed. not that it wasn't an utterly stupid pick to begin with.

I was one of them fans trying desperately to Billieve and going into the third I actually thought we were taking over the game.

Footballs a game of momentum and we had it until Johnson short armed Trent's pass and it goes from driving down the field to score the go ahead to 13 points down and getting late in the game.

The current Bills have the worse hands department in the NFL, worse in Bills history.

TE's na, who needs them

Tackles, na, who needs them,

WR's, Lees got that covered even though he's always covered, :thumbdown:

The Buffalo Bills have been badly managed in the past and looks like the fans are in for another rough season.

I'm not giving up hope on the season yet, but my optimism has been stepped on(OK stomped)and even my confidence in TE is starting to waver.

I understand how important the supporting cast needs to be for a QB to achieve the desired results, but the game may never slow down enough for Trent Edwards to be a successful QB in the NFL.

You know it's bad when the Dog is ready to throw in the towel. :o