So How Has Drafting Spiller #1 Helped Us?

FlutieFlake

So How has drafting spiller helped us? Rather than drafting an OT??? Where are you Kool Aid Drinkers Now? Do you see the folly yet of wasting a #1 draft pick on another RB when you don't have a OL than can block for him and to protect your QB? And I am supposed to billieve in Buddy Nix? Please!

So How has drafting spiller helped us? Rather than drafting an OT??? Where are you Kool Aid Drinkers Now? Do you see the folly yet of wasting a #1 draft pick on another RB when you don't have a OL than can block for him and to protect your QB? And I am supposed to billieve in Buddy Nix? Please!

don't know they haven't played him enough

SO what OT taken after spiller is starting?????

The question is - Which OT (selected after spiller) COULD START ON THIS TEAM! (Bulaga for ONE)

Go back and see all the other OT's if you want to - there are ALOT that could start for the Bills!

The Bills don't have one decent NFL CALIBER OT on the team right now.

Let me field this one. Next 5 taken after our pick of Spiller:

1: Anthony Davis, 49ers, #11 overall

2: Bryan Bulaga, Packers, #23 overall

3: Rodger Saffold, Rams, #33 overall

4: Zane Beadles, Broncos, #45 overall

5: Charles Brown, Saints, #64 overall

Just for good measure, I will add this:

6: John Jerry, Dolphins, #73 overall

1: Davis is starting....at RT.

2: Bulaga is the primary backup on the Packers OL. LT and LG.

3: Saffold is starting at LT, while Jason Smith their #1 pick (#2 overall IIRC) from 2009 is at RT.

4: Beadles is starting at RT

5: Brown is listed as the #3 LT

6: Jerry is starting at RG.

So, unlike the QB's, where besides Bradford, we can justify not picking one since they're all pretty much 3rd string...We could have at least helped our O-line situation at ONE of the tackle positions. I mean, Green and Bell are pretty awful.

Good God. Pretty hard to answer after two games, wouldn't you say?

I agree 100%. Spillar is a nice player for the right team. The guy isn't big enough for a team with no OL. He goes down if he's breathed on. RB is the last piece you get AFTER you build a line. There are a lot of capable backs out there. Even if we didn't draft an OL position what about a WR who could help open things up?

So, unlike the QB's, where besides Bradford, we can justify not picking one since they're all pretty much 3rd string...We could have at least helped our O-line situation at ONE of the tackle positions. I mean, Green and Bell are pretty awful.

So, you would have been happy with 4 of those 6 second rounders being selected at #9? :rolleyes:

Let me field this one. Next 5 taken after our pick of Spiller:

1: Anthony Davis, 49ers, #11 overall

2: Bryan Bulaga, Packers, #23 overall

3: Rodger Saffold, Rams, #33 overall

4: Zane Beadles, Broncos, #45 overall

5: Charles Brown, Saints, #64 overall

Just for good measure, I will add this:

6: John Jerry, Dolphins, #73 overall

1: Davis is starting....at RT.

2: Bulaga is the primary backup on the Packers OL. LT and LG.

3: Saffold is starting at LT, while Jason Smith their #1 pick (#2 overall IIRC) from 2009 is at RT.

4: Beadles is starting at RT

5: Brown is listed as the #3 LT

6: Jerry is starting at RG.

Thanks for the assist.... It's really criminal that we have to endure watching this abomination of a football team... And we are supposed to billieve in Buddy Nix??? AJ Smith made the decisions in S.Diego - Do we really know if he had anything to do with their success??? How do you justify not fixing either of our two critical needs (QB & OT) in favor of drafting yet another RB????

Did you all not notice Bulaga come in and shut down whoever he faced today? He was worth our pick. He was worth it more than Spiller. He would be starting at LT for us and our offense would be much better with him that Spiller. I thought the point of the draft was to improve your team, maybe I was worng?

Awful, awful pick by Ralph Wilson

and I do think Spiller will be a dynamic player but RB's are a a dime a dozen, you can find talented ones in street clothes after the draft.

Only an idiot franchise drafts one when they have two servicable and fairly young ones playing already.

Couldn't think of a need we needed filled less than our backfield?

Meanwhile our trench play is worse than ever.

Spiller sells jerseys. That $$$ goes into mr. Wilson pocket, that's reason number one when they signed t.o.he knows the bills are a bad product, you can fool 75% of the fans all the time.when the fans start to grumble about the product mr Wilson will talk publicly about how we can't support this team.

The point being made here by this board is we all can think of many position and players we would have selected the last two years with the number 1 picks who would have made this football team better than we are after two games this year. If we are sitting here waiting 2 years down the line and that is the goal than maybe Spiller and Maybin turn out to be fine players.

I would have picked in 2009 Orakpo or Cushing, my bet would have been Cushing. We needed a linebacker/pass rusher, not a fan of picking a one year player who didn't start at the beginning of the season.

In 2010 it would be Davis or Bulaga, having lost Butler so suddenly I would have taken Bulaga to start right tackle.

I would have found a serviceable LT with the 2nd round pick. Ducasse was available and was a very good tackle at U Mass. This guy has all the tangibles and is good at pass/run blocking. He could have started for the Bills. I do like the Wang pick for depth. Also OK developing Bell (father is Karl Malone, good athlete).

The third round I would have selected Colt McCoy. We needed to try something better than drafting one in the 7th round.

My offense would look like this;

Starting line LT Ducasse LG Levitre C Woods RG Hangartner RT Bulaga. Everything starts here, we are running the football.

Starting QB would have been Brohm with Mccoy backing him up. Fitzpatrick would be the 3rd QB in case of an injury to Brohm he would start next. McCoy is in a total learn mode and needs reps at the end of games only.

Starting running back Fred Jackson with Lynch backing him up. If Bell was in camp he would have made the 3rd running back.

Starting WR's would have been Evans and TO if he would have signed. If not it would have been Parrish. Johnson isn't ready yet but would have seen alot of time. If Easley was picked I liked him also, raw talent.

Starting tight end would be Nelson when he came back, that hurt. Stupar is not the answer, I would have drafted someone with the mid-picks in 2010 also.

Don't tell me this lineup wouldn't be better than what we are starting today. Mainly the O-line would be greatly improved.

We could start Brohm and Jackson this year and faired better than Edwards/ Spiller or Lynch.

:wallbash:

So, you would have been happy with 4 of those 6 second rounders being selected at #9? :rolleyes:

Generally speaking, the teams who pick in the second half of the round are pretty well set at OT or QB, or both. That's why they're making the playoffs while our once-proud team of choice continues to spin its wheels. It's not too often you see a run on offensive tackles outside of say, the first 12 picks of the first round.

Going into the draft, I was convinced neither Okung or Williams would be available by #9, so I spent a lot of time looking into the other guys. I liked Bulaga, because even at RT, that's still better than Cornell Green. I liked Rodger Saffold a lot, in fact, he may have been my favorite of the bunch, and I was very disappointed to see him go off the board first thing on "day two" of the draft. I was hoping we would slide down and take him or Bulaga in the mid-to-late first, but apparently getting a third halfback was most important.

Edited by JM57

I don't think The Bills should have taken an OT at #9 Overall...What I think they should have done, just the same way they should have done it in 2009, was Trade Down and stockpile picks...Then again they probably would have screwed those extra picks up so...whatever... B-)

Did you all not notice Bulaga come in and shut down whoever he faced today? He was worth our pick. He was worth it more than Spiller. He would be starting at LT for us and our offense would be much better with him that Spiller. I thought the point of the draft was to improve your team, maybe I was worng?

It's not like he was facing a stellar pass rush by any means...

I wanted to trade the pick. However, assuming no trade could have been made, I am OK with the pick. The guy has immense talent and thus far he has not been able to showcase his talent due to the Bills poor offensive unit.

Can you imagine how good this guy could be on a team like the saints? IMHO, Drew Brees couldn't even do much with the team we have in place now.