Randy Cross calls out Lee Evans, Bills WRs

LGB

This **** has been broken for so long now with different coaches, QBs and WRs, I don't even know what to say anymore.

The only constant has been a lousy OL. So I'm gonna say that, until you fix it there, you're gonna keep seeing a revolving door of unproductive quarterbacks and receivers.

PERIOD.

Yes!!!!!!!1

And thought this was addressed when Marv starting paying 10's of millions for that fat slug Walker.

This franchise is screwed. Hello lions east.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew there would be a topic about this after that moron Randy Cross kept going on about no receivers being open. I've sat all evening watching Tom Brady, Peyton and Eli Manning, and even freaking Mark Sanchez complete passes to receivers who were a hell of a lot less open than the Bills receivers were on the one and only play they bothered to actually show the receivers.

This is the NFL. If they are covered one-on-one and the guy covering them isn't Darrelle Revis, they're open.

He had little choice but to resign. There was no way any other team would match, or even be in the same universe, to what he is getting paid now to be a number 2 receiver.

I don't care how much money he makes. The NFL makes truckloads everyday (Not mine, I'm not a mainstream consumer), and there are loads of underpaid, and loads of overpaid players on every team. He probably would have a better life (and much better career) with a different team. Whatever. The effort shown by many of these guys is merely human nature. It's really hopeless out there, and I can't see it changing until they have a few drafts worth of new talent.

It's not on Lee Evans. The team is mismanaged, and hasn't come up with a QB, or a reasonable Offensive Line in a decade.

Edited by ThrowIt

Evans- $19 million...zero catches -

Buffalo receivers all cash a check, when is someone going to step up?

Edit - comment made during the video recap.

This pretty much implies that evans got paid 19 million for this one game...which is misleading.

not to mention he set up the only scoring drive of the game. Sure it was pass interference, but damn it, the offense actually SCORED :D

wont be seeing that often this season :(

That's great. He's a really good analyst. Next segment he can explain how Lee Evans can catch all the throws that aren't being made to him, thus earning his check. He was targeted one time all day, tough to make a lot of catches that way.

The next person that holds Randy Cross up as some kind of brilliant football mind should just hit themselves in the head with a hammer instead and save us from being exposed to his idiocy.

I knew there would be a topic about this after that moron Randy Cross kept going on about no receivers being open. I've sat all evening watching Tom Brady, Peyton and Eli Manning, and even freaking Mark Sanchez complete passes to receivers who were a hell of a lot less open than the Bills receivers were on the one and only play they bothered to actually show the receivers.

This is the NFL. If they are covered one-on-one and the guy covering them isn't Darrelle Revis, they're open.

These 2 pretty much sum up my feelings on the subject.

Look, we've had a conservative HC (Jauron) the past 4 years which isn't conducive to big numbers from WR, and last year they tried to force he ball to TO to keep his mouth shut. Does that mean Evans is a legit number one? No, but when you hear opposing coaches talk about how they double cover or bracket coverage to keep him under wraps, it sure makes it seem like the guy is good if they're that concerned about him.

The other aspect is the guy throwing the ball. It doesn't matter what kind of protection Trent has, unless it's max and the only call he has is deep he won't throw it out there. Trent wants a wide open guy or he's too timid to take the risk. There were times these past 2 games he had a pocket and time and he took all of it until pressure got to him and then he checked down. He shies away from trying to force it in there. Not saying Brohm or Fitzy are the answer but I think either one of them could go in and the offense would look better, simply because both are willing to risk it.

Look, it's time to accept that the QB situation makes it impossible to judge the Bills receivers. Have they always been playing their best? No. But they are basically asked to run sprints whenever the Bills have the ball, because it's unlikely the ball is even gonna come out of Trents hands, no matter what the playcall. I'm sure it would be difficult for ANY player to keep their head in the game.

Lee Evans is a good receiver, open to debate how good, but he is a legitimate NFL receiver that would start (maybe not the #1, but would start) for any other team.

The Ills suck, and it's not Lee Evans. If anything, I feel bad for the guy because he resigned with the Bills when he should have left.

You're scapegoating him. Every guy on the BIlls is overpaid. I could go out there and be completely ineffective, just like a handful of guys on the team that are just about invisible.

And the offensive line situation makes it impossible to judge the QB. And the OL makes it impossible to judge the HC. It will be two years before what Marv and DJ did to this team can be undone. For that reason it makes no sense to keep McGee, Stroud, or Jackson around. Trade them for anything. I would be ok with them drafting two QB's and 3 OL and 3 LB's next year.

I've been calling him out forever.

so youve been wrong forever, hes awesome and is a leaper and lightning fast and almost never drops a ball, he runs every route called for him, how do you know if he doesnt want to run slants or go over the middle?

Said it on here earlier today, this is the first guy I cut. REAL WRs get open, run great routes and most of all, try! This guy ones one route, refuses to run slants or over the middle as a part of his skillset and whines that he can't catch bombs all day. Granted, the QB sucks, but this guy doesn't do squat to make any QB we've had better.

jesus your ignorant,do u love edwards? why exactly? evans is awesome and is a leaper and lightning fast and almost never drops a ball, he runs every route called for him, how do you know if he doesnt want to run slants or go over the middle?

And the offensive line situation makes it impossible to judge the QB. And the OL makes it impossible to judge the HC. It will be two years before what Marv and DJ did to this team can be undone. For that reason it makes no sense to keep McGee, Stroud, or Jackson around. Trade them for anything. I would be ok with them drafting two QB's and 3 OL and 3 LB's next year.

THIS

I saw a lot of back shoulder passes in other games today to receivers who "weren't open". It's the NFL, you fit passes into tight windows, throw before receivers are out of their breaks, and occasionally huck one up hoping your guy makes a play.

Look, it's time to accept that the QB situation makes it impossible to judge the Bills receivers. Have they always been playing their best? No. But they are basically asked to run sprints whenever the Bills have the ball, because it's unlikely the ball is even gonna come out of Trents hands, no matter what the playcall. I'm sure it would be difficult for ANY player to keep their head in the game.

I agree with that 100%. Until Edwards is replaced, its impossible to say its Evans fault. I think Evans makes a better #2 then a #1, though.

If Evans were to go I'd like to see him go to MN to give Favre a legitimate NFL WR while Rice is out, and to see all the crow that gets eaten around here when he knocks down 1200 yds and double digit TDs.

Best idea for Lee yet. What do you think the Vikes would give us, though? Think they're desperate enough to give us a first and say a 4th or 5th?

This **** has been broken for so long now with different coaches, QBs and WRs, I don't even know what to say anymore.

The only constant has been a lousy OL. So I'm gonna say that, until you fix it there, you're gonna keep seeing a revolving door of unproductive quarterbacks and receivers.

PERIOD.

People don't seem to realize that when your QB is getting popped in the mouth constantly. Edwards took a few good shots today and popped back up pretty well. I'm still not an Edwards fan and I don't think he has what it takes, but you are dead on, it is extremely difficult to perform as a QB when your O-Line is as bad as ours currently is.

If you ranked football commentators, like you rank teams - Randy Cross would be in the bottom two percentile.

But, since the game was only being broadcast in Wisconsin, WNY, and some small aberrant part of southern California, why spend money on a first stringer?

PERIOD.

Our O-line has been ignored for 10 years or more.....

Yes!!!!!!!1

And thought this was addressed when Marv starting paying 10's of millions for that fat slug Walker.

This franchise is screwed. Hello lions east.

The Lions scored 32 points today with a backup QB. We're worse than they are....

Said it on here earlier today, this is the first guy I cut. REAL WRs get open, run great routes and most of all, try! This guy ones one route, refuses to run slants or over the middle as a part of his skillset and whines that he can't catch bombs all day. Granted, the QB sucks, but this guy doesn't do squat to make any QB we've had better.

Man, you can't be serious. He's not trying because Trent throws to him ONCE in a game? He runs the routes that are called; he doesn't call the plays. BTW, he runs all the routes you say he doesn't run, not that the facts should slow you down. Granted the QB sucks is where you could have stopped your post. Evans can't throw the ball to himself. Last week when he was open and Trent was willing to throw the ball down the field to him Trent missed on one and Evans got interfered with on the other. Go to a game, sit in the stands and watch the WR's run their routes. You will see Evans being double covered most of the times with a safety giving deep help and guess what else you will see: Evans open enough to get a pass thrown to him, but your boy throws the ball five yards from the line of scrimmage to somebody else who is open enough for his weak sauce mentality.

I hope they trade Evans because we might actually get something for him. And then you all can see how good Evans is with a real offense. To say he doesn't try is asinine. He should have NEVER resigned with the Bills. Kudos to him for thinking the best and sticking around.

Edited by purple haze