Randy Cross calls out Lee Evans, Bills WRs

LGB

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Said it on here earlier today, this is the first guy I cut. REAL WRs get open, run great routes and most of all, try! This guy ones one route, refuses to run slants or over the middle as a part of his skillset and whines that he can't catch bombs all day. Granted, the QB sucks, but this guy doesn't do squat to make any QB we've had better.

. . . and never seems to fight for the ball. For the most part, he is a one trick pony.

Said it on here earlier today, this is the first guy I cut. REAL WRs get open, run great routes and most of all, try! This guy ones one route, refuses to run slants or over the middle as a part of his skillset and whines that he can't catch bombs all day. Granted, the QB sucks, but this guy doesn't do squat to make any QB we've had better.

That's great. He's a really good analyst. Next segment he can explain how Lee Evans can catch all the throws that aren't being made to him, thus earning his check. He was targeted one time all day, tough to make a lot of catches that way.

The next person that holds Randy Cross up as some kind of brilliant football mind should just hit themselves in the head with a hammer instead and save us from being exposed to his idiocy.

Look, it's time to accept that the QB situation makes it impossible to judge the Bills receivers. Have they always been playing their best? No. But they are basically asked to run sprints whenever the Bills have the ball, because it's unlikely the ball is even gonna come out of Trents hands, no matter what the playcall. I'm sure it would be difficult for ANY player to keep their head in the game.

Lee Evans is a good receiver, open to debate how good, but he is a legitimate NFL receiver that would start (maybe not the #1, but would start) for any other team.

The Ills suck, and it's not Lee Evans. If anything, I feel bad for the guy because he resigned with the Bills when he should have left.

You're scapegoating him. Every guy on the BIlls is overpaid. I could go out there and be completely ineffective, just like a handful of guys on the team that are just about invisible.

Why does he catch slants and throws over the middle from Fitzpatrick?

That's great. He's a really good analyst. Next segment he can explain how Lee Evans can catch all the throws that aren't being made to him, thus earning his check. He was targeted one time all day, tough to make a lot of catches that way.

The next person that holds Randy Cross up as some kind of brilliant football mind should just hit themselves in the head with a hammer instead and save us from being exposed to his idiocy.

Thank you. :worthy:

LOL :w00t::thumbsup:

The Ills suck, and it's not Lee Evans. If anything, I feel bad for the guy because he resigned with the Bills when he should have left.

He had little choice but to resign. There was no way any other team would match, or even be in the same universe, to what he is getting paid now to be a number 2 receiver.

This **** has been broken for so long now with different coaches, QBs and WRs, I don't even know what to say anymore.

The only constant has been a lousy OL. So I'm gonna say that, until you fix it there, you're gonna keep seeing a revolving door of unproductive quarterbacks and receivers.

PERIOD.

It's kinda like how Moss was a washed up malcontent in Oakland. Was it a surpirse when Moss began playing with a QB that would throw the ball to him that he magically became good again? A WR can only catch balls that are thrown to him.

So true. I am glad that you and some others are able to see the forest from the trees.

This **** has been broken for so long now with different coaches, QBs and WRs, I don't even know what to say anymore.

The only constant has been a lousy OL. So I'm gonna say that, until you fix it there, you're gonna keep seeing a revolving door of unproductive quarterbacks and receivers.

PERIOD.

While I agree with these statements completely.. pissing and moaning about the WR's is the real idiocy, until the O-Line and QB situations are resolved. It's like bitching about the bald tires on your car when the engine hasn't run in 5 yrs.