Another music thread about bands you hate

bbb

It seems to me that even bands that I don't like 99% of what I know, they still have a few songs that I absolutely love. How can that be?

I was just listening to Lorelei by Styx and I totally love that, as well as Borrowed Time, but hate just about everything else.

Other examples are Lights by Journey, Fly By Night and Closer to the Heart by Rush, Funeral for a Friend/Loves Lie Bleeding and Saturday Night's Alright by Elton (a few others are OK), Fire On High by ELO.

I'm sure I'm missing a ton here.

Does anybody else have these types of songs and if the group can come up with great stuff, then why does it make so much crap??

I dunno. Seems to me there's been a lot of one-hit wonder bands that never did anything else. Then there are a lot of industry-promoted bands that had a hit or two and were mass marketed for the cash cows that they were for the record companies.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer

Yes

Kiss

Hmm... I'll go with:

"Late for the Sky" by Jackson Brown

I mean, the stuff he wrote for the Eagles was good, but his solo stuff? Eh.

The way that I would go on Jackson Brown is that he ever made a song that I liked after the Running on Empty album that is a song I would pick for this thread. I like a lot of his 70s songs - Rednecked Friend being my favorite........But, starting in the 80s, he has been horrible - Lawyers in Love, Down on the Boulevard, She's got to be Somebody's Baby, etc. - horrible stuff!

I am not a big Rush fan... But there is a certain amount of "naco" in me... How can you hate:

Maybe because I am bleeding heart liberal... Heck, it even has "Christmas bells" in it and everything!

I also have a soft spot for

Sure beats Poco, "Crazy Love.""Crazy Love"... :blush: :blush:

I posted links... For the young fellas out there...:D