Dear Trent Edwards

Buffaloed82

Guest dog14787

It is not like I don't want him to succeed, I will gladly be the first in line for you to say I told you so.

I know buddy, I'm sure most of the folks complaining about the QB/offense feels the same,

Its a what have you done for me lately world we live in, (forget preseason)

TE will come around and so will the fans when he does start producing like a starting NFL QB should,

Edited by dog14787

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

So the Bills have to win to continue your support of TE.

Wow, how about a game when he plays well? :unsure:

Gailey wants a QB who manages the game well and doesn't turn over the ball,

Trents his guy

Edited by dog14787

Trent Edwards if he was smart he would throw the ball next week. If he was smart he would not get scared by the blitz and focus on his job. If he does not do this then were doomed. He saw what happens when you throw the ball on one drive last week. He needs to take chance which he is obviously not.

Gailey wants a QB who manages the game well and doesn't turn over the ball,

Trents his guy

Wouldn't "managing the game well" involve doing something more than throwing 4-8 yard passes that don't lead the receiver with 29 seconds left? Wouldn't it, perhaps, involve recognizing a blitz when two star LBs outnumber you on the left, and sending protection over to that side? Not to mention he tried his level best to throw a pick-six twice, but he used his Stanford mind-control powers to psych out the defender as he dropped the ball. In that case, you're right, he "doesn't turn over the ball."

If he was trying to manage to lose the game, I guess he found a measure of success there. I've seen no evidence that this guy can "manage the game" against a 3-4 defense, but that's just me.

Given your choice - and your only choice is between these two - would you rather have a QB who only throws bombs (i.e. 40 yard passes minimum, time after time), or would you rather have a QB who checks down all the time (i.e. 0 - 5 yd passes maximum). Me..? Bombs away!!

Guest dog14787

Wouldn't "managing the game well" involve doing something more than throwing 4-8 yard passes that don't lead the receiver with 29 seconds left? Wouldn't it, perhaps, involve recognizing a blitz when two star LBs outnumber you on the left, and sending protection over to that side? Not to mention he tried his level best to throw a pick-six twice, but he used his Stanford mind-control powers to psych out the defender as he dropped the ball. In that case, you're right, he "doesn't turn over the ball."

If he was trying to manage to lose the game, I guess he found a measure of success there. I've seen no evidence that this guy can "manage the game" against a 3-4 defense, but that's just me.

Take the holding penalties away and in my opinion we could have won the game, make the correct call on Lee Evans long ball, in my opinion we could have won the game.

Not throwing the ball up for grabs on a hail Mary didn't make a bit of difference in the world, Gailey called TE aside on the last series and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he said "Trent, don't give folks the added ammunition to make you look bad" and that's exactly what INT's do when folks look back at the stats.

Think folks care how the INT happened two weeks from now, no, but folks including the media will sure use the stat against Trent Edwards in an effort to prove how bad he is.

Edited by dog14787

Given your choice - and your only choice is between these two - would you rather have a QB who only throws bombs (i.e. 40 yard passes minimum, time after time), or would you rather have a QB who checks down all the time (i.e. 0 - 5 yd passes maximum). Me..? Bombs away!!

Bombs for the first quarter or so then I would realize that that won't work, and I would prefer the checkdowns. If only you could give us a third option of some sort...

Guest dog14787

Oh, you mean like Losman

Not throwing the ball up for grabs on a hail Mary didn't make a bit of difference in the world, Gailey called TE aside on the last series and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he said "Trent, don't give folks the added ammunition to make you look bad" and that's exactly what INT's do when folks look back at the stats.

If Gailey said anything even remotely like this, I want a new coach. Right now. And if TE listened to him, I want a new QB right now (even more than I did previously.)

Disclaimer: I don't in anyway believe this is the conversation they had.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Well there are 32 NFL teams, and someone has the best QB and someone has the worst QB. Obviously QB is a very very important position on the team.

When your team clearly has one of the five worst QBs, maybe it's time to stop supporting him and look to the organization to upgrade this crucial position.

Maybe it is time you remove your horse blinders away from looking at Edwards and look at the team. You might be correct, he might be one of the five worst QBs in the league, but we also have maybe the worst Offensive Line, One of the worst Defensive Lines, one of the worst owners, one of the worst receiving corps, one of the worst coaching staffs (so far), the worst set of backup QBs in league and at this point, the record shows, the worst organization in football. So all of this said, you obviously have a personal thing towards Edwards, or else you would see all of the other areas that are no worse on a comparison to the rest of the league than Edwards is to the rest of the QBs.

Guest dog14787

If Gailey said anything even remotely like this, I want a new coach. Right now. And if TE listened to him, I want a new QB right now (even more than I did previously.)

Disclaimer: I don't in anyway believe this is the conversation they had.

Think what you like, Gailey hates turning the ball over and that's a fact, and TE had to get the ball to at least the 40 yard line or is that something everyone just spaces out, Hail Mary from the 1, right, brilliant...

Edited by dog14787

Take the holding penalties away and in my opinion we could have won the game, make the correct call on Lee Evans long ball, in my opinion we could have won the game.

Think folks care how the INT happened two weeks from now, no, but folks including the media will sure use the stat against Trent Edwards in an effort to prove how bad he is.

This might be the most rediculous thing I have ever read...There isnt a coach of any level of football from Pop Warner, XFL, UFL, NFL, College, etc that would ever in a million years say this to their starting QB. I will bet every dollar I have in life now and for the rest of my life that this is not what Gailey said to Trent.

Come on man, you just cant help yourself can you? You will do anything to defend him, even make up rediculous things to validate Trent like when you said you beleived he had a second concussion that year despite no evidence, no reports, no whispers, no rumors, nothing...just a phantom concussion you had hoped he had to validate is atrocious play during that 1-7 run to end the year.

If you dont want to get blasted around here, then I suggest you stop inventing things like this that have literally no evidence what so ever to exist just to validate Trents awful performances. Its one thing to support your boy and to argue things like the O Line (which IMO still isnt a good enough excuse for the pussification of the QB position that Trent has mastered), its a whole other game to invent things. Just my 2 cents...

Guest dog14787

This might be the most rediculous thing I have ever read...There isnt a coach of any level of football from Pop Warner, XFL, UFL, NFL, College, etc that would ever in a million years say this to their starting QB. I will bet every dollar I have in life now and for the rest of my life that this is not what Gailey said to Trent.

Come on man, you just cant help yourself can you? You will do anything to defend him, even make up rediculous things to validate Trent like when you said you beleived he had a second concussion that year despite no evidence, no reports, no whispers, no rumors, nothing...just a phantom concussion you had hoped he had to validate is atrocious play during that 1-7 run to end the year.

If you dont want to get blasted around here, then I suggest you stop inventing things like this that have literally no evidence what so ever to exist just to validate Trents awful performances. Its one thing to support your boy and to argue things like the O Line (which IMO still isnt a good enough excuse for the pussification of the QB position that Trent has mastered), its a whole other game to invent things. Just my 2 cents...

Just stop wearing TE's jersey alright, how much you want for it?(seriously)

I do believe he told TE not to be careless with the ball, If he see's something go for it, if not don't just throw it up for grabs,

If you can't appreciate or understand why a coach could/would be trying to build up and protect the mind set/confidence plus teach his QB to protect the ball, oh well, we disagree

Edited by dog14787

:wacko::doh::lol:

Think what you like, Gailey hates turning the ball over and that's a fact, and TE had to get the ball to at least the 40 yard line or is that something everyone just spaces out, Hail Mary from the 1, right, brilliant...

Think what I like? If we're losing, on the last play of the game, I don't want my QB worrying about turning the ball over. I want him thinking about winning the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

BTW, I'm not so sure about that Greatest Coach Ever tag, but he was right in this instance.