Mummbles steps aside at "NFL Today"

erynthered

oh come on. hes a professional football player. any woman should be happy he chooses to get himself off with her. he could have picked anyone and yet he forced himself on her. she is lucky to be his blowup doll for a few minutes. at least he chose to do it in a house instead of a bar bathroom, which is perfectly fine too but just a little less classy. if she didnt want him to force himself on her she shouldnt have talked to him. she should thank her lucky stars that she was the vessel for his manly business. because after all hes a professional football player

This is great. I can't stand the "Analysts" we have to listen to on Sundays. 3/4 of the idiots you have to listen to on Sundays are former players who have no experience speaking in front of a camera, and spend half the time on air dicking around with eachother. The majority of a Sunday afternoon crew can't even narrate a highlight reel. Shannon Sharpe, Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, Phil Simms, etc., all need to take notes from Tom Jackson and Chris Berman

3/4 of the idiots you have to listen to on Sundays are former players who have no experience speaking in front of a camera, and spend half the time on air dicking around with eachother.

That's why they started NFL Broadcast Boot Camp.

(CBS) They are monstrous men - modern day warriors showing off for millions on TV every Sunday. But there's suiting up - and then there's suiting up. The NFL calls it broadcast "boot camp," an intense four-day training program that includes 20 current or former players hoping to make the leap from NFL athlete to big time broadcaster, reports CBS News correspondent Jeff Glor. Glor asked Buffalo Bills back-up quarterback Gibran Hamdan if the perception that NFL players are set for life is not true. "For a select few, maybe that is," Hamdan said. "For a guy like me, I'm definitely not going to be able to rest on my financial laurels." Players like Hamdan are coached by a special team of on-air talent - in the makeup room and the dressing room.

That's why they started NFL Broadcast Boot Camp.

(CBS) They are monstrous men - modern day warriors showing off for millions on TV every Sunday. But there's suiting up - and then there's suiting up. The NFL calls it broadcast "boot camp," an intense four-day training program that includes 20 current or former players hoping to make the leap from NFL athlete to big time broadcaster, reports CBS News correspondent Jeff Glor. Glor asked Buffalo Bills back-up quarterback Gibran Hamdan if the perception that NFL players are set for life is not true. "For a select few, maybe that is," Hamdan said. "For a guy like me, I'm definitely not going to be able to rest on my financial laurels." Players like Hamdan are coached by a special team of on-air talent - in the makeup room and the dressing room.

Networks will grab the latest retiree they can find to start doing TV analysis. If they work out, great. But that has to be 1 out of every 10 guys they pick, so the fans suffer through bumblers & mumblers that this boot camp didn't seem to help.

This is great. I can't stand the "Analysts" we have to listen to on Sundays. 3/4 of the idiots you have to listen to on Sundays are former players who have no experience speaking in front of a camera, and spend half the time on air dicking around with eachother. The majority of a Sunday afternoon crew can't even narrate a highlight reel. Shannon Sharpe, Michael Irvin, Keyshawn Johnson, Phil Simms, etc., all need to take notes from Tom Jackson and Chris Berman

+1

Jackson, Irv Cross, Sterling Sharpe and to some extent Steve Young are about the only ex-players that I've ever seen in a studio that weren't completely awful. And the more guys they cram onto the set, the worse they all become as they jockey for the dumb laugh rather than saying anything intelligent.

Aikman is good in the booth, but most ex-players are terrible there too.