Can Paladino help the Bills

coldstorage5

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the way you're thinking. And, I presume you're thinking public money (welfare) to do something with the stadium. That ain't gonna fly with him. He campaigned on cutting spending by 20% and cutting taxes by 10%. Let the Bills build their own stadium if they want a new one. A super Walmart brings in more coin to the area than they do. Paladino probably won't even carry the vote in Buffalo in the govenor's race, If Buffalo's history holds true to form. In the past 60 years they've elected a democratic mayor all but 12 years. 1965 was the last time that Buffalo had a mayor other than a democrat... sort of coinciding with the Bills downturn. I ask the Buffalo community, how's theat worked out for you?

The best thing Paladino will do for New York... and Buffalo is take these bastards in Albany to task... stop spending, make NY business friendly... give businesses a reason to move here, and kick the crap out of public unions that suck the money out of the working class. That will bring jobs and prosperity back to NY. But, of course, Barnum said it best. "There's a sucker born every minute". Translation... NY will elect Andrew (Mario Jr.) "Status" Cuomo.

Not the way you're thinking. And, I presume you're thinking public money (welfare) to do something with the stadium. That ain't gonna fly with him. He campaigned on cutting spending by 20% and cutting taxes by 10%. Let the Bills build their own stadium if they want a new one. A super Walmart brings in more coin to the area than they do. Paladino probably won't even carry the vote in Buffalo in the govenor's race, If Buffalo's history holds true to form. In the past 60 years they've elected a democratic mayor all but 12 years. 1965 was the last time that Buffalo had a mayor other than a democrat... sort of coinciding with the Bills downturn. I ask the Buffalo community, how's theat worked out for you?

The best thing Paladino will do for New York... and Buffalo is take these bastards in Albany to task... stop spending, make NY business friendly... give businesses a reason to move here, and kick the crap out of public unions that suck the money out of the working class. That will bring jobs and prosperity back to NY. But, of course, Barnum said it best. "There's a sucker born every minute". Translation... NY will elect Andrew (Mario Jr.) "Status" Cuomo.

Banker David Hannum not Pt Barnum said The sucker quote.

Can this loose cannon guy, help the Bills? What is his stance on the Bills ( relocation/Stadium)?

If sending racist emails and emails containing bestiality and then acknowledging it and basically saying, "Why, what's so wrong with that?" helps the Bills, then Paladino can definitely help the Bills.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

All Paladino's victory over Lazio did was even make it MORE secure that Cuomo will replace Stevie Wonder.

Your comparison of Patterson to Stevie Wonder merely because they are both blind is entirely baseless and shows a shallow analysis not grounded on anything factual about talents.

Its completely offensive and a fact-free belittlement of one of man who has proven time and again he is a real producer.

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that Patterson can in fact sing like Stevie to make your comparison more than simple idiocy?

In a sick and twisted way, I kind of want Paladino to win just so we can see that this whole party line of taking Albany to task and this idea that there will be some sort of sweeping change and that your day-to-day life will somehow change can be laid to rest, at least in NY. Let me guess, he's gonna help re-instill "freedom," "liberty," "family values" and help limit "out of control big government," right? The genius Republican marketing machine. And I'm not being sarcastic, it really is genius. They have somehow managed to become the pro-America party, while convincing everyday working schleps to vote against their own interests. Yes, I am rooting for Paladino. Go Bills!

Paladino is an insignificant blip on the radar who for the next two months gets to have his 15 minutes of fame. Then once the real election comes, he gets to be squashed by Cuomo and slink back into obscurity, taking more of the tax subsidies/breaks/incentives for his project to make him a millionaire that he vehemently opposes for the public as a whole, ie, he supports the easing of regualtions and freeing of taxpayer dollars to support business and millionaires under the false belief it trickles down to the common man. How's that been working since the 80s? Seems to ahev work real well for the rich cats on Wall Street and the Paladino's of the world. Not so much for those who are forced to operate within that strucuture and are now out of work. He's not worth discussing on this board in relation to football and in fact will only cause this thread to spin out of control, as you can tell by how close I am to write a lengthy reponse.

Back to football.

Paladino is an insignificant blip on the radar who for the next two months gets to have his 15 minutes of fame. Then once the real election comes, he gets to be squashed by Cuomo and slink back into obscurity, taking more of the tax subsidies/breaks/incentives for his project to make him a millionaire that he vehemently opposes for the public as a whole, ie, he supports the easing of regualtions and freeing of taxpayer dollars to support business and millionaires under the false belief it trickles down to the common man. How's that been working since the 80s? Seems to ahev work real well for the rich cats on Wall Street and the Paladino's of the world. Not so much for those who are forced to operate within that strucuture and are now out of work. He's not worth discussing on this board in relation to football and in fact will only cause this thread to spin out of control, as you can tell by how close I am to write a lengthy reponse.

Back to football.

I think the best quote about Paladino I have seen is "He is the biggest pig at the public trough, but has convinced the public otherwise"

Cuomo? Yea we need another career politician running this state. I say screw every politician that never had a real job. We need people that have made their own way in life that have something to give back. Not more of the same Democrat/Republican BS. Carl has my vote just for that reason.

Edited by bmur66

A great deal of his wealth is and has been acquired by land deals with the state, including deals to house more union workers.

Cuomo? Yea we need another career politician running this state. I say screw every politician that never had a real job. We need people that have made their own way in life that have something to give back. Not more of the same Democrat/Republican BS. Carl has my vote just for that reason.

Carl's just as much of a politician as the next guy. He's contributed to Democrats, Republicans, this governor, that governor, anyone who will take a little bit of money for their campaign to make sure his next project gets through. He rants and raves about the status quo, but his millions have come from property rented to government entities. He complains about career politicians, but he himself is an insider. This state is going to hell in a handbasket either way, but with Crazy Carl at the helm, that process will be expedited.

So according to your logic, if someone really wants to be a politician- even if it's for all the same reasons that Paladino is running right now- but they're a little younger, then they have to do something else for 30 years and then become a politician or you won't vote for them? Or perhaps more accurately, you will only vote for someone who has never really been that passionate about politics/is not qualified to run for public office and has taken up running for office as a second career/hobby? You're also saying that because you happened to have chosen the profession of politician prior to last year, then you necessarily cannot be "fed up." Why is that all of a sudden people are so "fed up" all at once? Politicians are the same people they've been for hundreds of years. The only difference is that we have a black president. Everything else is the same.

So according to your logic, if someone really wants to be a politician- even if it's for all the same reasons that Paladino is running right now- but they're a little younger, then they have to do something else for 30 years and then become a politician or you won't vote for them? Or perhaps more accurately, you will only vote for someone who has never really been that passionate about politics/is not qualified to run for public office and has taken up running for office as a second career/hobby? You're also saying that because you happened to have chosen the profession of politician prior to last year, then you necessarily cannot be "fed up." Why is that all of a sudden people are so "fed up" all at once? Politicians are the same people they've been for hundreds of years. The only difference is that we have a black president. Everything else is the same.

I'm saying that I'm fed up too. Obviously. I'm 22 years old, and this state has clearly only gotten worse since I've been growing up. But I don't think Paladino's the guy. You can't go saying how you hate political insiders and rich politicians with only their own interests at hand WHEN YOU ARE A RICH INSIDER WITH YOUR OWN INTERESTS AT HAND. I like some of the things he says. I wish we would clean house in Albany. But I think Mr. Paladino is just a little bit too batsh*t insane to be running the state.

So what if Carls wealth was accumulated by land deals with the state or from rent from the state. Somebody had to make that money. Can't blame him for that. He is a developer after all. Somebody has been watching TV ads obviously.

I think it's been said that if politicians were so smart then private enterprise would snatch them up in a heartbeat. Being a politician should not be a career and I think our Founding Fathers would agree that that is not what they had in mind.

NYS is so screwed up that they can't even pass a budget. That is absolutely unacceptable. What a bunch of morons. I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore. This state/country is in sad shape and more of what got us here isn't going to solve anything. Carl may not be the right answer but he is the right message.

So what if Carls wealth was accumulated by land deals with the state or from rent from the state. Somebody had to make that money. Can't blame him for that. He is a developer after all. Somebody has been watching TV ads obviously.

I think it's been said that if politicians were so smart then private enterprise would snatch them up in a heartbeat. Being a politician should not be a career and I think our Founding Fathers would agree that that is not what they had in mind.

NYS is so screwed up that they can't even pass a budget. That is absolutely unacceptable. What a bunch of morons. I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore. This state/country is in sad shape and more of what got us here isn't going to solve anything. Carl may not be the right answer but he is the right message.

I have yet to see an Ad this season. But from around town i know of his dealings. Its one thing to have a message its another to practice what you preach. He doesnt in that he takes govt money etc etc.

If sending racist emails and emails containing bestiality and then acknowledging it and basically saying, "Why, what's so wrong with that?" helps the Bills, then Paladino can definitely help the Bills.

+1

Couldn't hurt right? :w00t:

Edited by tbonestake