Denver aquires RB Lawrence Maroney from NE

papazoid

Stockpile? Huh? They traded him and a 6th for a 4th. They gained no picks, just moved up 2 rounds.

Which is a great move for a freakin' RB that was 4th on their depth chart. As little a move as this may seem, the Patriots always make deals like this while the Bills seem to never even make an attempt. If they do, I never hear about it......

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

Which is a great move for a freakin' RB that was 4th on their depth chart. As little a move as this may seem, the Patriots always make deals like this while the Bills seem to never even make an attempt. If they do, I never hear about it......

Not only 4th on the depth chart but an unrestricted free agent after the season who was going to walk for nothing.

The Pats now have extra picks in the 1st (Raiders), 2nd (Panthers) and 4th (Denver) in next years draft --- to go along with their own regular picks. It's likely that the Raiders, Panthers and Broncos picks will all be early in their respective draft slots, giving the Pats tons of draft pick ammunition yet again. After acing their last two drafts, the Pats may well be in position to have re-loaded up during the time they are still SB favourites.

When has that ever happened before?

Edited by Pneumonic

Exactly -- if you have a bunch of middle-round picks, you can afford more misses.

That is just one of the differences between a winning club and perennial losers. They never miss an opportunity to get better by getting extra picks, dumping aging vets who will be unrestricted at years end and getting free agents that fill needs. the Pats do it all, we do none of it.

If we try we pick the wrong guys, dump the good ones (London Fletcher) or move up in the draft to pick busts (McCargo, Losman). We hammer at the players, which stink, but our front office put us in this position.

The Pats now have extra picks in the 1st (Raiders), 2nd (Panthers) and 4th (Denver) in next years draft --- to go along with their own regular picks. It's likely that the Raiders, Panthers and Broncos picks will all be early in their respective draft slots, giving the Pats tons of draft pick ammunition yet again. After acing their last two drafts, the Pats may well be in position to have re-loaded up during the time they are still SB favourites.

Ugh .... the Pats reload while the Bills try to rebuild .... perhaps the silver lining is that the Pats have not been the most effective team in the draft. I would say their success when it comes to the draft is above average but not stellar.

Ugh .... the Pats reload while the Bills try to rebuild .... perhaps the silver lining is that the Pats have not been the most effective team in the draft. I would say their success when it comes to the draft is above average but not stellar.

True, but things appear to have changed for the Pats since Pioli left. They have seemingly aced their last 2 drafts sans Pioli.

Does no one else see that it is also the advantage the Pats have in dealing with their former underlings?

Bills don't make these moves becasue they don't have these connections. That said, I hope this helps establish Lynch as being worth at least a 4th rounder.

Ummm, the Patriots have more talent and are in a much diffeent place than we are. We're doing a ground up rebuild, what don't you get about that?

The difference in value between a 4th and a 6th round pick is minuscule.

I don't think you get the whole point of what is going on here. They made an upgrade however small you may think it is and the Bills did not. I bet if you took a look over the years on 4th and 6th rounders that stuck with teams, 4th would win...

but our front office put us in this position.

That's the one that counts. The Bills have been the worst run organization in the NFL for a decade.

They can't execute trades, make terrible FA decisions, and are the league laughingstock on draft day.

I don't think you get the whole point of what is going on here. They made an upgrade however small you may think it is and the Bills did not. I bet if you took a look over the years on 4th and 6th rounders that stuck with teams, 4th would win...

Or how about this scenario. Pats trade that 2011 4th for a 2012 3rd, then a 2013 2nd, then a 2014 1st and grab their future QB then.

Yeah, the pats* move up two spots in the draft, and all it cost them was a first round pick from 2006.... so yeah, awesome for the pats* for having a first round BUST! People here are saying the bills would suck if they traded marshawn for a 2nd or 3rd rounder because lynch is actually a 1st rounder, so we wouldn't get good value for him. And here, the pats* trade a 1st round pick, and they get... NOTHING! They just move a couple of spots up at a low draft pick.

Let's all hear it for the pats* They turned a 1st round pick and a 6th round pick into a 4th! if our front office did that (and lord knows we are dumb enough), bills fans would be livid. So yeah, the pats* are geniuses for grabbing a 1st round bust. They are just geniuses and the bills are dumb. Maybe in 4 years the bills can trade maybin to move from the 6th to the 4th round and be praised as geniuses.

Yeah, the pats* move up two spots in the draft, and all it cost them was a first round pick from 2006.... so yeah, awesome for the pats* for having a first round BUST! People here are saying the bills would suck if they traded marshawn for a 2nd or 3rd rounder because lynch is actually a 1st rounder, so we wouldn't get good value for him. And here, the pats* trade a 1st round pick, and they get... NOTHING! They just move a couple of spots up at a low draft pick.

Let's all hear it for the pats* They turned a 1st round pick and a 6th round pick into a 4th! if our front office did that (and lord knows we are dumb enough), bills fans would be livid. So yeah, the pats* are geniuses for grabbing a 1st round bust. They are just geniuses and the bills are dumb. Maybe in 4 years the bills can trade maybin to move from the 6th to the 4th round and be praised as geniuses.

You are missing the point.

The Pats got 4 years service out of Maroney but, realizing they have no more need for him, the Pats are cutting ties with him and getting value for him prior to losing him to free agency, and without any gain, after the season.

And having extra picks is of value. Said pick can be used to trade-up for a guy that you want. Pats just did this exact thing this past April when they used one of their extra 6th rounders to leapfrog the Ravens for Gronkowski.

You are missing the point.

The Pats got 4 years service out of Maroney but, realizing they have no more need for him, the Pats are cutting ties with him and getting value for him prior to losing him to free agency, and without any gain, after the season.

And having extra picks is of value. Said pick can be used to trade-up for a guy that you want. Pats just did this exact thing this past April when they used one of their extra 6th rounders to leapfrog the Ravens for Gronkowski.

Don't worry. If you keep your hopes up, the bills will trade maybin in 4 years and move from the 6th round to the 4th round. It will be a genius move.

Your point is terrible that you think they are getting value for maroney. They got 4 years of BAD service from the guy, and just cut their losses. There is no genius move there. If you have a bust of a 1st round pick, then guess what, that is dumb. The pats* ridding him just proves that they made a mistake in drafting him. It is insane that people think that the pats* screwing up a first round pick, and cushining the blow by moving up 2 spots to the 4th round is anything better than a mistake.

That is my point. YOu thinking that salvaging a bust makes up for busting on a 1st round pick. If you pick a bust in the 1st round, there is no way to make up for it. This whole maroney thing shows the pats* made a mistake when they drafted him. Simple as that. Praise them all you want for salvaging a bust. That must mean the bills are geniuses for getting a 3rd round for mcgahee a few years back. I can't believe the bills had such a genius front office back then with marv. Just genius. The bills were even better then that pats*. We actually got a whole 3rd rounder for a 1st round rb and all the Pats* got was to move up a couple spots into the 4th.... man, the pats* could learn from marv!

Edited by DanInUticaTampa