Denver aquires RB Lawrence Maroney from NE

papazoid

Right on Dan. NFL observers, including our fans fellate the pats* at every freaking opportunity. Last I checked their drafts have not been great lately and Bellicheat would have been out of the league if they hadn't fallen ass backwards into Tom Brady and a football dynasty.

Edited by SACTOBILLSFAN

Don't worry. If you keep your hopes up, the bills will trade maybin in 4 years and move from the 6th round to the 4th round. It will be a genius move.

Your point is terrible that you think they are getting value for maroney. They got 4 years of BAD service from the guy, and just cut their losses. There is no genius move there. If you have a bust of a 1st round pick, then guess what, that is dumb. The pats* ridding him just proves that they made a mistake in drafting him. It is insane that people think that the pats* screwing up a first round pick, and cushining the blow by moving up 2 spots to the 4th round is anything better than a mistake.

That is my point. YOu thinking that salvaging a bust makes up for busting on a 1st round pick. If you pick a bust in the 1st round, there is no way to make up for it. This whole maroney thing shows the pats* made a mistake when they drafted him. Simple as that. Praise them all you want for salvaging a bust. That must mean the bills are geniuses for getting a 3rd round for mcgahee a few years back. I can't believe the bills had such a genius front office back then with marv. Just genius. The bills were even better then that pats*. We actually got a whole 3rd rounder for a 1st round rb and all the Pats* got was to move up a couple spots into the 4th.... man, the pats* could learn from marv!

Again, you are missing the point.

Maroney was a bust for the Pats yet they got a 4th (and 4 years of service) for him. Your example with Willis is apples and oranges .... Willis was a 1k yard avg RB

Again, you are missing the point.

Maroney was a bust for the Pats yet they got a 4th (and 4 years of service) for him. Your example with Willis is apples and oranges .... Willis was a 1k yard avg RB

But they didn't get a 4th for him. They moved up 2 spots, and got 4 years of BAD service. He didn't do well for them at all. So I don't know what you are talking about. The pats* basically gave a 1st round pick to move up 2 spots. If you think that is good, then your math is just way off.

In your opinion, the bills can totally bust on maybin and use him to move up two spots in the draft and look like geniuses. If that happens, they will look like idiots. Idiots that made a huge mistake that a lot of people saw coming.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

But they didn't get a 4th for him. They moved up 2 spots, and got 4 years of BAD service. He didn't do well for them at all. So I don't know what you are talking about. The pats* basically gave a 1st round pick to move up 2 spots. If you think that is good, then your math is just way off.

In your opinion, the bills can totally bust on maybin and use him to move up two spots in the draft and look like geniuses. If that happens, they will look like idiots. Idiots that made a huge mistake that a lot of people saw coming.

The Pats traded Maroney and a 6th for a 4th. That's moving up alot more than a couple spots. he was 4th on the depth chart and is an unrestricted FA after the season. That they got anything for this bust, under these circumstances, is the point!

The Pats traded Maroney and a 6th for a 4th. That's moving up alot more than a couple spots. he was 4th on the depth chart and is an unrestricted FA after the season. That they got anything for this bust, under these circumstances, is the point!

I bet you 31 other GMs in the league would not trade away a 1st round draft choice to move up 60 spots from the 6thy to the 4th round. I don't know why the pats* should be applauded for doing so. They blew the draft pick (which has become a common theme in patsy*-land the past few years), plain and simple, to the point where they could only move up a handful of spots in an insignificant part of the draft.

And yes, I get your point, but your point means so little. There is a bigger point, and the bigger point is, they busted on a 1st round pick. That trumps everything. Salvaging a pick does not make up for it.

The bills have traded plenty of players for picks. If you don't know that, then you just don't pay attention to this team. The bills got a steal trading peters to the eagles for a first round, where he isn't working out. The bills traded mcgahee for two mid round picks.

There are so many problems with the bills, i can't believe that something THIS meaningless is the thing you are crying about.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

I bet you 31 other GMs in the league would not trade away a 1st round draft choice to move up 60 spots from the 6thy to the 4th round. I don't know why the pats* should be applauded for doing so. They blew the draft pick (which has become a common theme in patsy*-land the past few years), plain and simple, to the point where they could only move up a handful of spots in an insignificant part of the draft.

Most GM's wouldn't be able to consummate a trade for a guy who is 4th on the depth chart, in his 5th year and without a contract. Such players get cut not traded for!

As a reminder ..... the Pats acquired Randy Moss for a 4th round, insignificant, draft pick :rolleyes:

I'm a little surprised by the tone of this thread. Maroney was drafted in the first round of the 2006 draft. The Patriots just finished trading him away for a 4th round draft pick. (Well, part of a 4th round draft pick, anyway.) And for that they get heaped with praise?

I can see complimenting them on the strength of their recent drafts, if that's what you want to do. But a move like this is not particularly noteworthy.

I'm a little surprised by the tone of this thread. Maroney was drafted in the first round of the 2006 draft. The Patriots just finished trading him away for a 4th round draft pick. (Well, part of a 4th round draft pick, anyway.) And for that they get heaped with praise?

I can see complimenting them on the strength of their recent drafts, if that's what you want to do. But a move like this is not particularly noteworthy.

They are not being praised for the drafting of the bust that is Maroney. They are being praised for being able to get a draft pick return for said bust when that bust is 4th on their depth chart, primed for getting cut and in the final year of his contract. Such players typically don't return anything on their investment. That the Pats got anything for him is impressive. A 4th (less the 6th) is downright stealing.

Its not necessarily noteworthy but in light of what Maroney brought or didnt bring to the table and his impending free agency and place on the depth chart, it is miraculous that they got anything for him. Turn a 6th rd pick into a 4th while also having 2 1sts and 2 2nds. If they draft in '11 like they have the last 2 years then look out!

I'm sure they'll be watching Mark Ingram's progress very carefully.

Yeah, the pats* move up two spots in the draft, and all it cost them was a first round pick from 2006.... so yeah, awesome for the pats* for having a first round BUST! People here are saying the bills would suck if they traded marshawn for a 2nd or 3rd rounder because lynch is actually a 1st rounder, so we wouldn't get good value for him. And here, the pats* trade a 1st round pick, and they get... NOTHING! They just move a couple of spots up at a low draft pick.

Let's all hear it for the pats* They turned a 1st round pick and a 6th round pick into a 4th! if our front office did that (and lord knows we are dumb enough), bills fans would be livid. So yeah, the pats* are geniuses for grabbing a 1st round bust. They are just geniuses and the bills are dumb. Maybe in 4 years the bills can trade maybin to move from the 6th to the 4th round and be praised as geniuses.

Don't worry. If you keep your hopes up, the bills will trade maybin in 4 years and move from the 6th round to the 4th round. It will be a genius move.

Your point is terrible that you think they are getting value for maroney. They got 4 years of BAD service from the guy, and just cut their losses. There is no genius move there. If you have a bust of a 1st round pick, then guess what, that is dumb. The pats* ridding him just proves that they made a mistake in drafting him. It is insane that people think that the pats* screwing up a first round pick, and cushining the blow by moving up 2 spots to the 4th round is anything better than a mistake.

That is my point. YOu thinking that salvaging a bust makes up for busting on a 1st round pick. If you pick a bust in the 1st round, there is no way to make up for it. This whole maroney thing shows the pats* made a mistake when they drafted him. Simple as that. Praise them all you want for salvaging a bust. That must mean the bills are geniuses for getting a 3rd round for mcgahee a few years back. I can't believe the bills had such a genius front office back then with marv. Just genius. The bills were even better then that pats*. We actually got a whole 3rd rounder for a 1st round rb and all the Pats* got was to move up a couple spots into the 4th.... man, the pats* could learn from marv!

:worthy:

They are not being praised for the drafting of the bust that is Maroney. They are being praised for being able to get a draft pick return for said bust when that bust is 4th on their depth chart, primed for getting cut and in the final year of his contract. Such players typically don't return anything on their investment. That the Pats got anything for him is impressive. A 4th (less the 6th) is downright stealing.

Let me tell ya, if this front office starts trading our 1st rounders to move up to the 4th round, I will be the first to call Nix to be fired. If the front office makes bad moves in round 1 and then "fixes" it by scalping them for low draft picks, that is going to be the biggest signal of failure. I would rather have a front office that drafts better than one that drafts bad and tries to grab low end picks to make up for their bad drafting. I know the bills haven't been the best when it comes to the first round (whitner, maybin), but there is hope (Mckelvin, Wood, maybe Spillar). This Nix/Whaley front office looks like it can draft better.

You go ahead with your dream. Hope that this team can turn crap into "meh" picks. I am going to push for them to actually draft better than salvaging from making too many mistakes. This front office needs to be held to a higher standard than being the league recyling bin. It is time for them to build a football team.

Let me tell ya, if this front office starts trading our 1st rounders to move up to the 4th round, I will be the first to call Nix to be fired. If the front office makes bad moves in round 1 and then "fixes" it by scalping them for low draft picks, that is going to be the biggest signal of failure. I would rather have a front office that drafts better than one that drafts bad and tries to grab low end picks to make up for their bad drafting.

And I agree. But, you are missing the point, yet again!

It's not about praising the piss poor draft pick; it's about getting something in return for said piss poor draft pick, that is 4th on the depth chart and who is not under contract after the season is up. Such players are cut/waived not traded for 4th round draft picks.

Yeah, the pats* move up two spots in the draft, and all it cost them was a first round pick from 2006.... so yeah, awesome for the pats* for having a first round BUST! People here are saying the bills would suck if they traded marshawn for a 2nd or 3rd rounder because lynch is actually a 1st rounder, so we wouldn't get good value for him. And here, the pats* trade a 1st round pick, and they get... NOTHING! They just move a couple of spots up at a low draft pick.

Let's all hear it for the pats* They turned a 1st round pick and a 6th round pick into a 4th! if our front office did that (and lord knows we are dumb enough), bills fans would be livid. So yeah, the pats* are geniuses for grabbing a 1st round bust. They are just geniuses and the bills are dumb. Maybe in 4 years the bills can trade maybin to move from the 6th to the 4th round and be praised as geniuses.

No, every team misses on picks, some just do it on a more regular basis "BILLS". What the Patriots did well was that they made the best out of a bad situation. I applaud them for getting something from a guy who will never play for them and would have hit the open market next year. You can't compare these two organizations; are you kidding me!!!

The difference in value between a 4th and a 6th round pick is minuscule.

4th rounders:

2010 9 107 Marcus Easley WR Connecticut

2009 21 121 Shawn Nelson TE Southern Mississippi

2008 15 114 Reggie Corner DB Akron

2008 33 132 Derek Fine TE Kansas

2007 12 111 Dwayne Wright RB Fresno State

2006 8 105 Ko Simpson DB South Carolina

2005 21 122 Duke Preston C Illinois

2003 14 111 Terrence McGee DB Northwestern State (LA)

2003 30 127 Sam Aiken WR North Carolina

*1985 2 86 Andre Reed WR Kutztown (PA)

6th rounders:

2010 9 178 Arthur Moats LB James Madison

2010 23 192 Dan Batten DE South Dakota State

2009 10 183 Cary Harris DB USC

2008 13 179 Xavier Omon RB Northwest Missouri State

2007 10 184 John Wendling DB Wyoming

2006 9 178 Keith Ellison LB Oregon State

2005 23 197 Justin Geisinger G Vanderbilt

2003 14 187 Lauvale Sape DT Utah

*1985 1 141 Mike Hamby DT Utah State

I would take the 4th rounders ANYTIME over the 6th rounders, especially in 1985 and 2003!

There is a HUGE difference between a 4th and 6th round draft picks!

(Also, didnt I say that Joique Bell would end up just like Omon and Wright? LOL!) :thumbsup:

Edited by Wilson from Gamehendge