frogger

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does make me feel better that I am not alone, I keep telling myself that throughout history things like this happen all the time and it is not just me.

I know I shouldn't have, but while drinking I emailed her friend. And before you think that I am looking to start something up with her, I should tell you I currently have no interest in women (no I am not gay) Her friend was very supportive of us, I did some work on her house and saved her thousands of dollars, so she should like me. Anyway, in the email I let her friend know that in the event that Olivia changes her mind (soon) I would be willing to start over. I know that I am not easy to get alone with, there are times when I can't stand myself. I know that the stress from my prior job increased the situation, I was bringing my job home with me.

In the meantime I am going to start moving on,I am not giving up, but I am moving on. if she comes back at the right time, great, if not then I will let her regret this for the rest of her life.

Olivia could have turned out to be the love of my life, she was spunky, fun to be around, and drop dead beautiful, she would dutch oven you while watching Dexter reruns, and clean my apartment before I got home. I know that I will always love her.

I don't really know where to go from here, I guess time alone, I think part of my fear is the likeliness of ending up a hermit scares me. When I am alone I tend to become a bit of a recluse, relationships open me up to new things I would never see before.

Frogger

and if you are wondering, yes I have been drinking tonight

Dude. Stop. If she walked out, she's checked out. Time to pay the bill and move on down the road.

• 4 months later...

The return of the redhead

since last I post about this topic many things have changed.

First, a new year, 2010 ended with me hooking up with as many girls as possible, I am not exactly proud of it, but its what I did. Considering I was married at a very young age, I missed out on the random hook ups that I got the last four months.

In the last week things have returned to where I liked them, I am being placed into a management training program, unlike previous employers this company thinks my lack of wife and kids are a plus, I am free to move around. the increase in pay is a big deal, I am finally going to get back to where I was before 2010. Earlier in Jan I started dated a girl who had a similar educational background to me. She has inspired me to do my dream, which is writing. despite my stupid posts, I am actually a descent writer with lots of original idea, that relationship ended, not that it matters we are going to continue being friends. She used to work with my ex wife at a local television station, she was actually at one time her producer in the field. funny, she didn't know that my ex was married (we were at the time when they worked together) Hence why we are divorced, whats great is everyone knows each other in the industry, this news will likely hurt my ex wife's career...which actually will upset her, she actually told me that she has worked hard for her reputation and this will ruin it. I reminded her that it was her doing.

now the return of the redhead, I got a call from her the other day, the first bit of conversation from her since we broke up. She spent the night last night, the answer is no we didn't. A giant part of me wants to be the stronger man, and resist her advancements when they happen. After spending the night, she spent the entire day with me (half day of work) unshowered and wearing the same clothing I saw her in last night. I am going into this with caution of course, I am playing it as safe as I can. 2011 seems a lot more promising, now if the Bills could only win!

just updating.

Frogger

The return of the redhead

since last I post about this topic many things have changed.

First, a new year, 2010 ended with me hooking up with as many girls as possible, I am not exactly proud of it, but its what I did. Considering I was married at a very young age, I missed out on the random hook ups that I got the last four months.

In the last week things have returned to where I liked them, I am being placed into a management training program, unlike previous employers this company thinks my lack of wife and kids are a plus, I am free to move around. the increase in pay is a big deal, I am finally going to get back to where I was before 2010. Earlier in Jan I started dated a girl who had a similar educational background to me. She has inspired me to do my dream, which is writing. despite my stupid posts, I am actually a descent writer with lots of original idea, that relationship ended, not that it matters we are going to continue being friends. She used to work with my ex wife at a local television station, she was actually at one time her producer in the field. funny, she didn't know that my ex was married (we were at the time when they worked together) Hence why we are divorced, whats great is everyone knows each other in the industry, this news will likely hurt my ex wife's career...which actually will upset her, she actually told me that she has worked hard for her reputation and this will ruin it. I reminded her that it was her doing.

now the return of the redhead, I got a call from her the other day, the first bit of conversation from her since we broke up. She spent the night last night, the answer is no we didn't. A giant part of me wants to be the stronger man, and resist her advancements when they happen. After spending the night, she spent the entire day with me (half day of work) unshowered and wearing the same clothing I saw her in last night. I am going into this with caution of course, I am playing it as safe as I can. 2011 seems a lot more promising, now if the Bills could only win!

just updating.

Frogger

Thats great to Hear frogger. Stay strong

She spent the night last night, the answer is no we didn't. A giant part of me wants to be the stronger man, and resist her advancements when they happen. After spending the night, she spent the entire day with me (half day of work) unshowered and wearing the same clothing I saw her in last night.

Call me crazy, but your notion of 'going with caution' is anything but that. By letting her hang around all day you are making it way too easy for her to come back, way too easy for her to get control of your emotions and thus your life, which is a BAD idea.

Instead need to utilize space to establish better control over this relationship or its going to end up with the same result as it did last year. If I were you, I would have slept with her and then booted her out first thing in the morning telling her "I have stuff to do, I'll call you", and then waited at least several days to do so.

Call me crazy, but your notion of 'going with caution' is anything but that. By letting her hang around all day you are making it way too easy for her to come back, way too easy for her to get control of your emotions and thus your life, which is a BAD idea.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Instead need to utilize space to establish better control over this relationship or its going to end up with the same result as it did last year. If I were you, I would have slept with her and then booted her out first thing in the morning telling her "I have stuff to do, I'll call you", and then waited at least several days to do so.

LOL While I wont give that out as advice (although it sounds exactly like something Ive done myself), it is definitely better than the option of giving her control so easily.

Frogger, be very careful with this. From the extremely limited knowledge I have of your relationship, it sounds like she left for greener pastures and, upon finding them either not that green or too much work, she's coming back to a sure thing to make herself feel better.

Just be very very careful with your feelings, because it's obvious she wont be. No matter how nice she plays, YOU are the only one in this situation that is looking out for YOU.

Edit: Reading back it looks like the redhead was the smaller relationship, not the girl that cheated on you. If your past relationship with her was truly that short and now she's back, it could be that she's realizing what a good thing she actually had. Still proceed with caution though. Bitches be shady.

Edited by DrDankenstein