frogger

Just wanted to send an update

Since then, that relationship went from bad to absolutely horrid, I have been married in the past and have gone through a fair share of break ups, but this seems to be hurting the most. Maybe it is because of my age, maybe it is because I never saw it coming, but I think it is because in my eyes she was perfect. Everyone insist I'll find someone new, and I am sure that I will, but I know that it won't compare. I've honestly never thought that before. After each break up I find the things I disliked about them, and tell myself that the next one won't be that way. But I have nothing, other than the way she is making me feel. Too often in this world we are on our guard against being hurt, the longer time goes on the less likely you'll find someone that is really in a loving relationship. At some point you have to wonder do they love me or the security/income/emotional need/parental expectations?

With Olivia, I never felt those things were the reason. She made me feel special all the way to the end.

yeah I know I am a p^ssy, but I honestly do not care. I am 6'2" 217 pounds, I can bench nearly 400 pounds, but I can be taken to my knees and reduced to tears by a 5'2" 115 pound redhead.

Step away from her brother. If she does that to you, then you have to get away from her. Rely on yourself and find solace in the fact that you do not need her. Stop trying to get back with her. You should just flat out ignore her. Over time, you may be able to be friends with her again. Just my advice.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to send an update

Since then, that relationship went from bad to absolutely horrid, I have been married in the past and have gone through a fair share of break ups, but this seems to be hurting the most. Maybe it is because of my age, maybe it is because I never saw it coming, but I think it is because in my eyes she was perfect. Everyone insist I'll find someone new, and I am sure that I will, but I know that it won't compare. I've honestly never thought that before. After each break up I find the things I disliked about them, and tell myself that the next one won't be that way. But I have nothing, other than the way she is making me feel. Too often in this world we are on our guard against being hurt, the longer time goes on the less likely you'll find someone that is really in a loving relationship. At some point you have to wonder do they love me or the security/income/emotional need/parental expectations?

With Olivia, I never felt those things were the reason. She made me feel special all the way to the end.

yeah I know I am a p^ssy, but I honestly do not care. I am 6'2" 217 pounds, I can bench nearly 400 pounds, but I can be taken to my knees and reduced to tears by a 5'2" 115 pound redhead.

Dude she cheated on you. I don't care how she made you feel, and how good looking she is she is far from the perfect girl for you. In short order you'll be thinking of her as the the true cheating woman she is.

Very true and good point. Ahh the irony.

It's easy to sit here in a relationship with a great woman for nearly 30 years and tell him that. I've never gone through it but I feel that once he realizes what type of person cheats on someone who loves them he'll come to the conclusion that she was in fact not the "one."

It's easy to sit here in a relationship with a great woman for nearly 30 years and tell him that. I've never gone through it but I feel that once he realizes what type of person cheats on someone who loves them he'll come to the conclusion that she was in fact not the "one."

Completely agreed. She is so not worth his time IMO. Anyone who cheats on their lover is a loser. If they are unhappy, they need to man or woman up and break up first before cheating.

Edited by Booster4324

you guys are all nuts....did you miss the most important part of that relationship?????

redhead!!!!!!!!!!

he has every right to be torn-up...she's a redhead for chrissakes......you just cannot simply dismiss the fact that she is a redhead. you have to throw out all conventional wisdom or thinking when it comes to redheads.......... :devil:

you guys are all nuts....did you miss the most important part of that relationship?????

redhead!!!!!!!!!!

he has every right to be torn-up...she's a redhead for chrissakes......you just cannot simply dismiss the fact that she is a redhead. you have to throw out all conventional wisdom or thinking when it comes to redheads.......... :devil:

I almost commented on that, but figured one of the women around here is a redhead.

redhead!!!!!!!!!!

Redheaded women: the most wonderful and troublesome creatures on earth.

I can certainly understand the devastation a single 5'2" redhead can cause. Been there. More than once.

But to call a woman who has cheated on you "perfect" suggests some other issues. Nobody is perfect, and she has already shown you one ENORMOUS flaw. Be thankful you met her and had the opportunity to bask in her wonder. Also be thankful you got out before she completely destroyed you. I know you think you're destroyed now, but you aren't. Keep up the blubbering and begging, and who knows?

redhead!!!!!!!!!!

Amen. In college I dated a true redhead in every sense of the word. She was awesome....and she crushed me! :lol:

Amen. In college I dated a true redhead in every sense of the word. She was awesome....and she crushed me! :lol:

I know you guys hate Springsteen, but anyway...

Redheaded Woman

My favorite line:

Big green eyes that look like, son

They can see every cheap thing that you ever done

Well I don't know how many girls you've dated, man

But you ain't lived 'til you've had your tires rotated

Our waitress at the sports bar last week was a true redhead. We spent hours arguing whether she was hot (two of us argued in the affirmative, one against). Today we sat in a different section, but she came over and said hello. Once she walked away, the nay-sayer said "I'm still not convinced."

Either way, the Bills lost.

I know you guys hate Springsteen, but anyway...

Redheaded Woman

My favorite line:

Big green eyes that look like, son

They can see every cheap thing that you ever done

Well I don't know how many girls you've dated, man

But you ain't lived 'til you've had your tires rotated

Our waitress at the sports bar last week was a true redhead. We spent hours arguing whether she was hot (two of us argued in the affirmative, one against). Today we sat in a different section, but she came over and said hello. Once she walked away, the nay-sayer said "I'm still not convinced."

Either way, the Bills lost.

I love Springsteen and that's the first thing I thought of when hearing about this red headed woman.

Frogger - I'm speaking from experience. First of all, you are 33, so you are young, even if you don't think it......But, the main thing that I want to tell you is that you haven't mentioned your health, so I assume you are pretty healthy.

If you have your health, anything is possible. You're going through a slump, but you'll come out the other end. Just take care of yourself and don't let your health be effected, and you'll look back on it, as a growing experience.

Frogger - I'm speaking from experience. First of all, you are 33, so you are young, even if you don't think it......

33 is the perfect age to be single; I was single most of my 30s and had a blast. There are tons of great single women in their 30s and if they are interested, it rarely takes more than 3 dates to crack the nut (so to speak).

No one ever actually asks for help, they leave it in code and expect that people will read into it. Since no one here knows me personally and any attempt at creating a code would just be in vain. Here I go, I need words of encouragement, I am having a horrible year.

relationship

It started, finding out that the girl that I had been seeing for 2 years was cheating on me. It got better when I met another girl after months of lonely nights, I thought that she was the one, not that maybe she was the one-but in fact she was it. Till last night when she told me she wanted to take a break. I thought I did everything right, and yet I guess I didn't.

career

At the very beginning of the year I had a great job, until it was bought out by its competition, they then cut my pay in half reduced my vacation and increased my insurance rate. I stuck with it for a few months, but I felt I was worth more so I left, and started working for a friend of mine. A guy I've known for years started his own business years ago and finally they were big enough to hire me. He was no longer in the field and basically worked in the office. The manager he and his partner had hired decided I wasn't right for the company and fired me, I was later told he was threatened by my years of experience and my relationship with the owner. But the owner would not step in. regardless I was jobless, I have never been fired in my life and had no idea what to do, I stuck my neck out for this guy and his company and lost everything, of course I have been rehired by another company I start tomorrow, but at a fraction of what I was paid before, and of course no vacation the first year. I was without work for 4 weeks, and have lost almost everything, and the small amount that I was hoping to get from unemployment was denied.

I honestly have no idea how I am going to get through this week let alone today, I have a past due notice sitting on my coffee table next to a notice that I will not be getting help from unemployment. I am waiting for my car to be repo'd and the power to be turned off, hopefully I can find enough money to pay rent in 2 weeks.

Frogger

Things turn around when you least expect it, I bear witness. A year ago I was teaching film, in graduate school and engaged to a girl I was madly in love with. Within a week this past april my fiance revealed she was not only cheating on me, but married the other guy before we even broke up, and lost my position in my graduate program. Totally drunkenly bottomed out after that. Took a few months, and my current job is pointless in every way, but life is getting really great again. Life is a pain in the ass, but even after the worst times it eventually swings back towards the positive.

And, although its a cliche, the awfulness gives you perspective. People who go through these rough stretches are infinitely more interesting than the lucky.