LT Marcus McNeil

PDaDdy

Buffalo should do whatever it takes to get this guy from the Chargers. Buddy used to work in San Deigo for christ sake. GET ER DONE BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do what it takes!? The Bills don't have enough top level players to offer SD in exchange for McNeil and need all of the draft picks they have coming to re-stock this team with talent they sorely lack.

Besides, McNeil would probably suck if he came to Buffalo.

Do what it takes!? The Bills don't have enough top level players to offer SD in exchange for McNeil and need all of the draft picks they have coming to re-stock this team with talent they sorely lack.

Besides, McNeil would probably suck if he came to Buffalo.

I guess you're just giving up on this season. Good thing we spent those high picks on guards last year. Now if we could just move them to tackle to cover the pressure coming from the outside and seal an edge to get a RB a whole to run through.

*sigh*

Dude - this is a 5 or 6 win team. 8-8 in this division would be fantastic for a rebuilding team. Let's be realistic here.

I guess you're just giving up on this season. Good thing we spent those high picks on guards last year. Now if we could just move them to tackle to cover the pressure coming from the outside and seal an edge to get a RB a whole to run through.

*sigh*

Dude - this is a 5 or 6 win team. 8-8 in this division would be fantastic for a rebuilding team. Let's be realistic here.

where do you see the 5-6 wins coming from? kc, cleveland and detroit are better than we are. miami, jets and pats shove us back to 0-6 again in the division. the rest will slam us. we are closer to 0-16 than 6-10, forget 8-8.

Buffalo should do whatever it takes to get this guy from the Chargers. Buddy used to work in San Deigo for christ sake. GET ER DONE BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See if we can get Phillip Rivers and Vincent Jackson while you're at it.

I desperately wanted the Bills to draft Rivers the year they drafted Losman. Rivers was rated as a second-round pick (because of his odd throwing motion) until he played lights out in the Senior Bowl (and blew away the opposition tems, QB'd by Losman) and climbed up the draft charts into the top 10.

*sigh*

We should have gotten McNeil during the preseason, but it would have cost us our first round draft choice. No point in doing it now. He's not going to come in after the season has started and make a huge difference. This problem was obvious the day Nix and Gailey took over. They had a whole bunch of ways to deal with it and didn't. I'm not convinced the problem can be resolved for this season.

Following all of the local media and the Chargers hear in San Diego, McNeil is a great player, and one I was interested in for the Bills when he was drafted. But he is not a fit for the Bills right now.

His cost (important picks plus big money) is greater than what he would add to this team which continues to have some big holes and being in a rebuilding year.

I don't think he is as valuable to us over the next five years as the picks and money it would take to get him here. And I don't think the sacrifice for the 2010 improvement would make sense either.

We need patience, and a replacement for Cornell Green for 2010. Then after the season we can make some evaluations and see what to do to improve our roster. But in-season big splashes for rebuilding teams don't seem so wise, and would make it harder rather than easier to get where we want to go.