ENOUGH OF EDWARDS

berndogg

I know this has been discussed in other threads. However, I was at the game today, and the fact is, Edwards is not an NFL qb. Chan Gailey did not call a bad game. He had Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, and David Nelson wide open across the middle throughout the game. Trent would not throw them the ball. He's had enough time, we know what he is. The formations and the game plan were completely different from the past couple years, but Trent did the SAME THING. As long as Trent is the qb, we're not going anywhere. Watching him live is equivalent to Chinese water torture. I can't take it anymore. Get rid of this guy. Please. I'm begging you. I'm really really begging. Who's with me?!!!!!

Edwards wasn't good, but he wasn't as bad as the Offensive Line was, and anyone who can't see that doesn't know crap about football. Just look at the first offensive series, a ball hits Jacksons hands and he drops it, then nobody touches the DE and he buries Edwards. Same old crap on the offensive line, the worst in the NFL by far. This team may never know if it will be able to win with Edwards, because until they get a line, he isn't going to survive a season. Look at the day that Spiller and the rest of the backs had, it was terrible, was that Edwards' fault, heck no, it was all the O-Line's fault. They were terrible. The only thing that rivaled the O-line for pathetic play was the last of a pass rush on the defensive side. Edwards hasn't been very good, but some people on this board are clueless when it comes to football, it is a team game not the QB and everyone else is along for the ride. Get a clue.

Edwards wasn't good, but he wasn't as bad as the Offensive Line was, and anyone who can't see that doesn't know crap about football. Just look at the first offensive series, a ball hits Jacksons hands and he drops it, then nobody touches the DE and he buries Edwards. Same old crap on the offensive line, the worst in the NFL by far. This team may never know if it will be able to win with Edwards, because until they get a line, he isn't going to survive a season. Look at the day that Spiller and the rest of the backs had, it was terrible, was that Edwards' fault, heck no, it was all the O-Line's fault. They were terrible. The only thing that rivaled the O-line for pathetic play was the last of a pass rush on the defensive side. Edwards hasn't been very good, but some people on this board are clueless when it comes to football, it is a team game not the QB and everyone else is along for the ride. Get a clue.

Was it the OL's fault he failed to throw a pass on the finalseries of the game? Was it the OL's fault he consistently rolled away from the protection? You put aaron rodgers behind this line we win 9. Easy.

The QB makes EVERYONE better or worse. In the Bills case, worse. If he gets rid of the ball and makes some plays downfield (he had time on plenty of throws) it opens up the run game. If he makes the correct reads and shows some pocket awareness, the O-line is suddenly not crap anymore. the dude stinks.

agreed, the rb core as a whole looked like sh$t. what happened to developing the run? CJ 7 rushes for 6 yards... kinda lame if you ask me.. the injured backs had better games. I saw the offense as a whole sucking.

Would that be the same defense that registered 3 sacks and several QB pressures? How is that a lack of pass rush? The Bills O line also gave up 3 sacks, so I guess the Dolphins didn't get much pass rush either?

Edwards wasn't good, but he wasn't as bad as the Offensive Line was, and anyone who can't see that doesn't know crap about football. Just look at the first offensive series, a ball hits Jacksons hands and he drops it

That ball hit Jackson's hands behind his body because Mary flung it low and fast when she got scared. If she threw a proper screen it would have been a big gain.

whatever

Was it the OL's fault he failed to throw a pass on the finalseries of the game? Was it the OL's fault he consistently rolled away from the protection? You put aaron rodgers behind this line we win 9. Easy.

Good point and Barry Sanders would have had more rusing yards too. Why is the Bills organization so dumb? All they need to do is pick up an Aaron Rodgers or a Manning.

At the same time, Edwards completely missed an OLB blitz read, couldn't get the ball past the DL on screens, and hit two DBs in the hands who dropped sure pick-sixes. He also checked-down on an early 3rd and long play when he had more than enough time to find a deeper receiver.

And at the end of the game, Edwards had more than enough time to throw the ball downfield, and he didn't.

Say what you want about the o-line and coaching, but Edwards has proven that he lacks the awareness, instincts, and intangibles to be an NFL QB.

....with perhaps an exception for the 1st series. THREE pass plays? Wtf? Run the freaking ball down their throats!

True...

CG said in his Presser he wanted to Run the Ball, but I think it was the way he wanted to run it that did not work today...The Bills were not going to line up and try to be physical today...They were going to get Miami going one way and Run it, or throw it the other way...It did not work. Miami was not fooled because the book on Trent Edwards has already been written...Stack the line, shut down the Running Backs and dare, I mean just dare Edwards to throw the ball. Because he's not going to force it in down the middle of the field, and he will check down to the short pass on the perimeter...He's as easy to defend as Flutie was without the scrambling ability...

But getting back to my original point I think Gailey tried to be a little too cute with the Running Game today and The Bills paid the price...Not only did it not work, but Miami was fresh and unpounded in the 4th Quarter... B-)

I am not saying he set the world on fire, but, you can't run away from protection all day when there is no protection all day. That might have been the worst offensive line performance in Buffalo Bills history. It is also tough to throw a ball when you only have one NFL caliber receiver and he is double covered all day long. If they dumped Edwards, how long before you would become a hater of his replacement? Go to the library and pick up "Football for Dummies".