Just out of curiosity......

JStranger76

I looked the other day and there were no reports of these guys getting signed. I am still surprised that they kept Donald Jones over Chad Jackson. Jackson made some plays in the preseason. Maybe he got hurt against the Colts. He got dinged a few times and had to be helped off twice. Thats the only reason why I think they would cut him. Who knows, he may be back later this year. Hardy is a goner though.

I looked the other day and there were no reports of these guys getting signed. I am still surprised that they kept Donald Jones over Chad Jackson. Jackson made some plays in the preseason. Maybe he got hurt against the Colts. He got dinged a few times and had to be helped off twice. Thats the only reason why I think they would cut him. Who knows, he may be back later this year. Hardy is a goner though.

Jones was kept over Jackson and Hardy because he will play special teams, and it's the coverage teams not as a returner, where he is going to be the third and probably fourth option. Jackson and Hardy added nothing to ST, and they weren't going to see the field as WR because we play to use multiple backs, as well as Spiller and Freddy as receivers split out or in motion.

Jones was kept over Jackson and Hardy because he will play special teams, and it's the coverage teams not as a returner, where he is going to be the third and probably fourth option. Jackson and Hardy added nothing to ST, and they weren't going to see the field as WR because we play to use multiple backs, as well as Spiller and Freddy as receivers split out or in motion.

Good point about special teams. I knew that Hardy wasn't going to play ST. Jackson was out there for ST but he must not have impressed as a ST, or they want someone out there who will appreciate the opportunity a little more.