Official "Dinner's On Me, Smartass" Update Thread

IDBillzFan

Hee Haw salutes the people from the Burrough of Macungie, Pennsylvania. Population 37. SA-LUTE!

The official "Dinner's On Me, Smartass" Competition thread remains closed so none of you chuckleheads can screw with your picks, so at the request of one of the only people who actually admits being from Macungie (SA-LUTE!), I'll use this thread to update people each week on contest status. We will also use this space to provide public service announcements regarding events scheduled in the Burrough of Macungie (SA-LUTE!) throughout the season.

The official thread link to find your own picks each week is here.

As we begin the start of the season with the home opener against the Fish, let me report that 114 people are taking part in this contest. Of that number, including the guy who admits to living in Macungie (SA-LUTE!), 72 predicted the Bills will win and 42 predicted the Fish would win.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT #1: The Lower Lehigh Lions Flea Market will take place at the Macungie (SA-LUTE!) Memorial Park this Saturday from 8 am to 2:30 pm. Lot costs are $15. For reservations or information, please contact Ron Bechtel or Bob Kichline.

Thank you.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hee Haw salutes the people from the Burrough of Macungie, Pennsylvania. Population 37. SA-LUTE!

The official "Dinner's On Me, Smartass" Competition thread remains closed so none of you chuckleheads can screw with your picks, so at the request of one of the only people who actually admits being from Macungie (SA-LUTE!), I'll use this thread to update people each week on contest status. We will also use this space to provide public service announcements regarding events scheduled in the Burrough of Macungie (SA-LUTE!) throughout the season.

The official thread link to find your own picks each week is here.

As we begin the start of the season with the home opener against the Fish, let me report that 114 people are taking part in this contest. Of that number, including the guy who admits to living in Macungie (SA-LUTE!), 72 predicted the Bills will win and 42 predicted the Fish would win.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT #1: The Lower Lehigh Lions Flea Market will take place at the Macungie (SA-LUTE!) Memorial Park this Saturday from 8 am to 2:30 pm. Lot costs are $15. For reservations or information, please contact Ron Bechtel or Bob Kichline.

Thank you.

:lol: I hate you, but thanks. oh, and it's population 3,037. But who's counting? :P

Edited by Joe In Macungie

I get giddy just thinking about my free dinner. :thumbsup:

You? Think about Joe? He could use that $650 gift certificate to feed the entire Burrough of Macungie (SA-LUTE!)at its annual Fish Fry and Pinewood Derby Extravaganza, and still have enough left over to buy everyone a scratcher at the local 7/11.

You? Think about Joe? He could use that $650 gift certificate to feed the entire Burrough of Macungie (SA-LUTE!)at its annual Fish Fry and Pinewood Derby Extravaganza, and still have enough left over to buy everyone a scratcher at the local 7/11.

You think I'd share my winnings with the inbreds in this town? Think again. That's all mine. Morimoto. Say it with me Mock: Moh-ree-moh-toh.

Hmmm....this raises an interesting question. My assumption has always been that you would purchase one dinner for up to the prize limit amount. But this makes it sound like Joe would have the option of using the prize on 135 separate trips to Subway, which would seem to go against the spirit of "Dinner's on Me, Smartass".

Personally, I think the winner should be obligated to blow the whole amount in one seating.

Hmmm....this raises an interesting question. My assumption has always been that you would purchase one dinner for up to the prize limit amount. But this makes it sound like Joe would have the option of using the prize on 135 separate trips to Subway, which would seem to go against the spirit of "Dinner's on Me, Smartass".

Personally, I think the winner should be obligated to blow the whole amount in one seating.

Morimoto.

I get giddy just thinking about my free dinner. :thumbsup:

No that will be me. I picked them to go 0-17. This will be the only team in NFL history to get beaten so bad in one game the NFL will assign them two losses. Hmmmm, I'm thinking the French Laundry and $250 a head for food only. :thumbsup:

No that will be me. I picked them to go 0-17. This will be the only team in NFL history to get beaten so bad in one game the NFL will assign them two losses. Hmmmm, I'm thinking the French Laundry and $250 a head for food only. :thumbsup:

Not a fan of sushi? I'd imagine you could get some schweet stuff out there.

They'll win one, and it'll be the Toronto game in front of 5,000 "fans".

Not a fan of sushi? I'd imagine you could get some schweet stuff out there.

We have an outstanding sushi place near our house called "Fish In A Bottle." It's impossible to go out for sushi without realizing that virtually all sushi restaurants suffer in comparison to this place. The only time I found better sushi was while in Vegas a few months ago at a place called Nobu. It cost an arm-and-a-leg, as you would expect when they top your sushi with shaved truffles, but it was worth every dime.

I'm surprised you can get good sushi in Macungie (SA-LUTE!).

And then there were 42. I'll take some time this week to break down what the 42 picked vs. Green Bay, but my instincts tell me it won't be pretty.