Dolphins terminated

BeastMode54

Good questions, Beast Mode.

I wish I knew the answers.

I will say this.

Jake Grove was brought in by Parcells (wow a lot of the players he's been bringing in have busted including two high draft picks from last year) to give the O-line a tougher presence. Parcells wasn't happy with Samson Satele who the team had drafted in the 2nd round the year before.

The Fish then traded Samson Satele to Oakland in a virtual exchange of centers. Satele has since been demoted.

BTW, Justin Hartwig, who started for the Steelers last year is also floating around out there.

It's a good time for teams with concerns for their center depth to get experienced vets on the cheap.

I don't know how good/bad these guys are. I think with Wood as the primary backup at center, the Bills must feel good about the position.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39078878/ns/sports-player_news/

the thread starter forget to provide a link. Here is one.....

:thumbsup:

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

i looked up centers on profootballfocus before they restricted access to their data. Grove was one of the highest graded centers in the league last year. it surprised me, since he was dumped by the Raiders before that. i'd try to get him, if he's healthy.

~AS

Yeah this is getting very intriguing.

As Scribo and Beast Mode pointed out, we could at very least pump him for info against our next opponent.

Also I see where JUST LAST YEAR the Fish signed him to a 5-year, $29.5 million contract.

I wonder if he'll have to pass waivers before teams can put claims in on him.

From the Miami Herald: "Grove is is the fourth prominent free agent signing that hasn't lasted into the second season with the Dolphins under the Bill Parcells-Jeff Ireland-Tony Sparano regime: wide receiver Ernest Wilford, a 2008 signing cut curing 2009 training camp after three catches; cornerback Eric Green, cut during his first training camp; safety Gibril Wilson, cut after one season; and Grove."

As Scribo and Beast Mode pointed out, we could at very least pump him for info against our next opponent.

Also I see where JUST LAST YEAR the Fish signed him to a 5-year, $29.5 million contract.

From the Miami Herald: "Grove is is the fourth prominent free agent signing that hasn't lasted into the second season with the Dolphins under the Bill Parcells-Jeff Ireland-Tony Sparano regime: wide receiver Ernest Wilford, a 2008 signing cut curing 2009 training camp after three catches; cornerback Eric Green, cut during his first training camp; safety Gibril Wilson, cut after one season; and Grove."

He's a seven year vet so I don't think he even hits the waiver wire. IIRC, he becomes an immediate FA, If the Bills can sign him he'll probably be a backup for the rest of the season with a chance to earn a starting job in the spring OTA's. A big question is are his injuries bad luck or the signs of a chronic condition? He's definitely worth a look. JMO

Nope. He's a vested veteran (6 accrued years in the league) so he's a FA.

Thanks everyone, for the clarification on his status.

I'm glad to see the Dolphins cutting players right before the first game of the season, especially on the lines, especially at Center.

AND…Pro Bowl tackle Jake Long is hobbling around on a bum knee. He's questionable for the Bills game. He was apparently injured in the final preseason game.

Wait...wait...the Dolphins cut their starting center 2 days before their 1st game? Is Dick Jauron working in Miami??

WTF??

:D

Wait...wait...the Dolphins cut their starting center 2 days before their 1st game? Is Dick Jauron working in Miami??

WTF??

GREAT CALL!!! I think they said he was beat out by somebody else though. I wish i was in the Cuse headed to Delmonico's for a Chicken Sinatra!!!

With all that is happening with the fins, it seems to me like a rage in the management. I bet Big Tuna finally had enough and walked, and I also think the fins are in bigger trouble than meets the eye. Why cut a known good o-lineman and have rookies as backups????? They have no depth on the line and the center is gone 3 days before the season??? Tell me someone said they wanted to go in a different direction? Kind of reminds me of the Bills last year.

With all that is happening with the fins, it seems to me like a rage in the management. I bet Big Tuna finally had enough and walked, and I also think the fins are in bigger trouble than meets the eye. Why cut a known good o-lineman and have rookies as backups????? They have no depth on the line and the center is gone 3 days before the season??? Tell me someone said they wanted to go in a different direction? Kind of reminds me of the Bills last year.

Wasn't that us last season? lol Mind you no one said Dockery was a known good OL and it wasnt our center but close enough

Edited by figoferreira

I wonder what effect this will have in the locker room?

WTF??

I wonder if the late cut was intended to make Grove less desireable to opponents. Some GM's may not want to upset their rosters at the very last minute. Almost like a game of chicken. Who knows, just a theory.