spewing nonsense far and wide

Just instigating

Pontificating

But not making any points

Amusing themselves

We beg and we plead

Please stop and just go away

Our cries all in vain

The poetry is so good that I can't even be upset about the hate :)

--------------------------------

Regarding the haiku format debate:

OH MY GOD, have pedantic can you people be?

A haiku written in English is measured in syllables in the 5-7-5 format. Our language just doesn't use moras.

In

Japan

they

also

write

haiku

this

but

hey

guess

what

this

is

America

so because our languages have some fundamental differences, we adopt a westernized standard. Three lines, 5-7-5.

Edited by Benjamin Barker

Trent proves doubters wrong

Spiller takes it to the house

Defense gets four picks.

I once owned a shirt

And it said "F*** Miami"

I got to find that.

Sully runs his mouth

Knows nothing about football

Go back to Boston.

The News says it's dead

In my house it's still alive

This rivalry rocks.

I know football's here

When the haikus start flowing

It's my time of year.

A haiku written in English is measured in syllables in the 5-7-5 format. Our language just doesn't use moras.

so because our languages have some fundamental differences, we adopt a westernized standard. Three lines, 5-7-5.

http://www.haikusociety.com/learn/englishhaiku

The haiku form translates into a 3 line, 17 syllable, 5-7 5 structure in English. However, the Japanese equivalent to syllables, morae, are much shorter and carry less information than that of English syllables. For this reason, a 5-7-5 format is difficult to achieve. Although there is no consensus, most haiku enthusiasts agree that 12 syllables and a 3-5-3 syllable meter achieves the same quality as the Japanese form. These haiku are often referred to as "free form."

While I agree some here do not seem to be Haiku, your refusal to admit there is more to English Haiku than the typical 5-7-5 syllable model is also off-base.

But carry on in ignorance, if you must.

While I agree some here do not seem to be Haiku, your refusal to admit there is more to English Haiku than the typical 5-7-5 syllable model is also off-base.

But carry on in ignorance, if you must.

You're now arguing about Haiku Dean? I'm starting to see a pattern here...it must get exhausting lecturing people all day long.

You're now arguing about Haiku Dean? I'm starting to see a pattern here...it must get exhausting lecturing people all day long.

I'm not arguing Haiku. I am providing some much needed guidance to a wayward Phin fan.

Armchair GM- "Actually, you're wrong...look it up, then come back and apologize."

Actually he was right, YOU apologize. I looked it up for him.

"A haiku is a non-rhymed verse genre.There are five syllables in the first line, seven in the second and five again in the last line. The word Haiku comes from the Japanese word meaning "Light Verse.""

Note it also specifies non-rhyming.

I never said it ha to rhyme D-Bag! And you're still wrong...Technically, Haiku's are NOT based on the # of syllables, nor do they have to be structured in 3 lines. In contemporary literature, most Haiku's range from 6-15 syllables and are structured as a one line stanza...You're barking up the wrong tree here with your frivolous arguments. Take an English class a little more advanced than 10th grade and get back to me.

In

Japan

they

also

write

haiku

this

but

hey

guess

what

this

is

America

OK, then we all agree to disagree...we're not English majors, we're BILLS FANS! Squish the fish! GO BILLS!

Dean,

Using google and copy/pasting random factoids regarding a topic you have limited knowledge in does not make you look smart, but it rather makes you come across as someone desperately trying to look smart.

I notice you didn't actually contribute any haiku. Why don't you dazzle us with your mastery of the English language and the western haiku format?

Or did you just want everyone to admire the fact that you can use a search engine? :)

Edited by Benjamin Barker

Wow you guys are retarded... TECHNICALLY TECHNICALLY TECHNICALLY !!! Gawd give it up and admit you're wrong in the context of the thread and conversation. The technicalities are irrelevant. And you don't need to call me a d-bag for no reason, I only pointed out the rhyming thing because idiots were arguing about it earlier.

Wow you guys are retarded... TECHNICALLY TECHNICALLY TECHNICALLY !!! Gawd give it up and admit you're wrong in the context of the thread and conversation. The technicalities are irrelevant. And you don't need to call me a d-bag for no reason, I only pointed out the rhyming thing because idiots were arguing about it earlier.

It's pronounced (Ruh-tard), thank you very much!